[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

So maybe if you already investigated the drag issues and fixed them for yourself... maybe you could send Nertea a pull request to release a fixed version of this mod for us all? That would be wonderful to have Mk4-Mod with fixed drag....

There's an outstanding pull request from two years ago to fix a different cfg error, so I don't think Nertea is maintaining this anymore.

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

So maybe if you already investigated the drag issues and fixed them for yourself... maybe you could send Nertea a pull request to release a fixed version of this mod for us all? That would be wonderful to have Mk4-Mod with fixed drag....

I wish I still had my fixes. I had several test installs that I finally dumped at some point but that work was among them or wasn't made into patches.

2 hours ago, AmanitaVerna said:

There's an outstanding pull request from two years ago to fix a different cfg error, so I don't think Nertea is maintaining this anymore.

I had chosen not to offer my fixes since I got the impression that Nertea wasn't around anymore (being drafted for KSP2 and keeping that information to himself).

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I had chosen not to offer my fixes since I got the impression that Nertea wasn't around anymore (being drafted for KSP2 and keeping that information to himself).

I would guess, that he doesn't monitor github and the forums anymore. But if we asked him politely and directly he might accept a PR - as long he has no real work to invest into it. 

So if someone has a fix, that is completely verified by multiple testusers, we might ping Nertea directly and ask him to adopt the fix into his repo... I am pretty sure, he would react at least.

Unfortunately I am too incompetent in modding to assist in repairing the configs for the drag issue.

Dropping straight up fixes in as PR's on Nertea's github is an option that can at least help people. With the PR right there, a slightly more involved user could at least fix their own install, even if it doesn't come perfectly out of the box, and it serves as a good repository of those little catches, like the extra } in that one PR.

I wonder if using FAR would help with the drag problems as IIRC, it uses the shapes of the parts themselves instead of whatever KSP itself uses and one of the biggest draws to it was that it fixed fairings not protecting parts. Just my 2 cents.