[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

16 hours ago, Nertea said:

If any of you are comfortable looking at cfgs, please help me test a fix... I'm not so good at aero things so I don't know what is normal.

Replace the similar block in mk4cargo-1.cfg with this one:

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 5, 0.00, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
    node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5, 0.00, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4

node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
    node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 1.6576, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 4

It does seem that this has helped, and made it easier to break the supersonic barrier.

Was able to get into orbit with my ssto. It seems this fixed it, although I have no idea what all the numbers and everything means haha.

Edited by HoveringKiller

Ok that's good to know.. basically the cargo bay automatically occludes the nodes inside it. However, the outer nodes were misconfigured. This meant that when you attached things to the bay, they were using the inner nodes, and the outer nodes were always unused and unconcluded. It's an easy fix luckily. I'll do a patch tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Ok that's good to know.. basically the cargo bay automatically occludes the nodes inside it. However, the outer nodes were misconfigured. This meant that when you attached things to the bay, they were using the inner nodes, and the outer nodes were always unused and unconcluded. It's an easy fix luckily. I'll do a patch tomorrow.

Ah ok. That seems annoying. I did notice when I first reloaded, until I disconnected the cargo bay and reattached it, I was having trouble getting my docking port to attach to the inside. I had to take off the butt of my plane and attach it then re-attach the butt, and that seemed to fix that.

It seems I am having another issue, this time with the Mk2A 800x aviation fuel tankh of them having LF/Ox in them. They seem to be inducing phantom forces on my spaceplane while it is one the runway. They are attached to the sides of the craft and clipped into a procedural wing, and with fuel my craft is wanting to turn about 5 degrees to the right, while without fuel nothing happens.

No fuel and not turning: http://imgur.com/H1xPbCK

Notice how the SAS is holding YAW steady in the center

Now with fuel: http://imgur.com/3BUpeiq

Notice how the SAS is holding YAW all the way to the left trying to counteract the phantom rotation.

On 11/20/2016 at 6:21 AM, Michaelo90 said:

The drag problem seems to affect the crew cabin too, a tank behind it gets way too much drag just like behind a cargo bay.

The crew cabin doesn't have nodes like that and I don't see any issues, really. 

1 hour ago, HoveringKiller said:

It seems I am having another issue, this time with the Mk2A 800x aviation fuel tankh of them having LF/Ox in them. They seem to be inducing phantom forces on my spaceplane while it is one the runway. They are attached to the sides of the craft and clipped into a procedural wing, and with fuel my craft is wanting to turn about 5 degrees to the right, while without fuel nothing happens.

No fuel and not turning: http://imgur.com/H1xPbCK

Notice how the SAS is holding YAW steady in the center

Now with fuel: http://imgur.com/3BUpeiq

Notice how the SAS is holding YAW all the way to the left trying to counteract the phantom rotation.

More info is needed:

• Does this occur when the other aviation fuel tanks are used?
  • Does this occur when the part is not intersecting with the wing?
  • Does this occur when the part is intersecting with a non-procedural wing?
  • Does this behaviour occur when a near-identical, but stock part (jumbo-64) is intersecting with a Pwing?

42 minutes ago, Nertea said:

More info is needed:

• Does this occur when the other aviation fuel tanks are used?
  • Does this occur when the part is not intersecting with the wing?
  • Does this occur when the part is intersecting with a non-procedural wing?
  • Does this behaviour occur when a near-identical, but stock part (jumbo-64) is intersecting with a Pwing?

I have the smaller aviation tank one my craft as well, and when it has LF/OX in it, it doesn't cause it to turn, only when lf/ox goes into the longer tank. I'll try it out with the jumbo64 and a non procedural wing as well. Let me get back to you on that.

So far, I have that the jumbo tank does not cause it to turn, and the 800X tank with both LF and LF/OX causes it to turn when clipped into the pwing. Just the structural sub-type doesn't effect it. When the fuel tanks are radially attached to the pwing, it also induces the turning forces. 

To make sure it wasn't a weight issue, I also did three of the 400X (I had a 400x plus an 800x so same fuel weight) tanks, both structural and loaded. Neither structural or loaded seemed to make any difference (i.e. didn't invoke phantom forces).

Finally, attaching the 800X with fuel to the Big-S delta wing yielded much weaker phantom forces (SAS wasn't trying so hard to correct for it). Structural sub-type on the Big-S delta wing invoked no phantom forces.

Hope this helps and if you need anything more just ask! Although it may be a while, I'm heading home for Thanksgiving break and am not taking my computer with me.

Edit: I wasn't able to get any pictures, but the results are the same as the one above, just different wings and clipping)

Edited by HoveringKiller
spelling

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem despite following your methods. I rexported the collider, don't know if that'll do anything though. Let me know. 

MkIV 2.3.3: This should fix a few things, plus add an oft-requested feature - the larger tanks should get Cryo LH2/LH2O versions when CryoTanks is installed. 

•  Fixed problems with Heavy RCS Blister thrust vectors
  •  Fixed cargo bay module occluding the wrong nodes for all regular/ventral bays
  •  Added patch to add cryogenic LH2 and LH2/O fuel storage modes to certain parts (fuselages, tails and adapters) if CryoTanks is installed.

14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem despite following your methods. I rexported the collider, don't know if that'll do anything though. Let me know. 

MkIV 2.3.3: This should fix a few things, plus add an oft-requested feature - the larger tanks should get Cryo LH2/LH2O versions when CryoTanks is installed. 

•  Fixed cargo bay module occluding the wrong nodes for all regular/ventral bays
  •  Added patch to add cryogenic LH2 and LH2/O fuel storage modes to certain parts (fuselages, tails and adapters) if CryoTanks is installed.

Hmmm. Maybe it was caused by something else. Oh well, if hopefully this fixes it. If not I can still just use 3 400X tanks :D. Updates always appreciated!

Something is wrong with MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher.cfg

[ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 32791 patches applied, found <color=orange>10 errors</color>
10 errors related to GameData/MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher.cfg

Spoiler

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-1/mk4fueltank-25-1

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ModuleManager] Cannot find key LH2 in PART

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key FuelTotal = #$../LH2$

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-2/mk4fueltank-25-2

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key FuelTotal = #$../LH2$

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-3/mk4fueltank-25-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-4/mk4fueltank-25-4

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-1]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-1/mk4fuselage-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-2]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-2/mk4fuselage-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-3]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-3/mk4fuselage-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-1/mk4tail-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-2/mk4tail-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-3/mk4tail-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-1/mk4adapter-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-2/mk4adapter-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-3/mk4adapter-3

Full Log:

Edited by Kolago

*Resigns form modding ever again* Goddamnit. 

As of the last CryoTanks update though that won't actually cause any problems beyond the EC use in the VAB info box being incorrect. It will be fine on the ship. 

Edited by Nertea

14 hours ago, Nertea said:

Nice, does this mean that things in the cargo bays that used to overheat in 1.1.x won't do so now? :) 

Edited by eddiew

6 hours ago, eddiew said:

Nice, does this mean that things in the cargo bays that used to overheat in 1.1.x won't do so now? :) 

I typically find these overheating problems really hard to reproduce. But this change is fixing persistent bug that's been around since at least v2.0, so it might help. 

21 hours ago, Kolago said:

Something is wrong with MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher.cfg

[ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 32791 patches applied, found <color=orange>10 errors</color>
10 errors related to GameData/MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher.cfg

Reveal hidden contents

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-1/mk4fueltank-25-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-2/mk4fueltank-25-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-3/mk4fueltank-25-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fueltank*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Nacelle/mk4fueltank-25-4/mk4fueltank-25-4

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-1]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-1/mk4fuselage-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-2]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-2/mk4fuselage-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4fuselage-3]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4fuselage-3/mk4fuselage-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-1/mk4tail-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-2/mk4tail-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4tail*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4tail-3/mk4tail-3

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-1/mk4adapter-1

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-2/mk4adapter-2

[ModuleManager] Applying node MarkIVSystem/Patches/MkIVCryoTanksSwitcher/@PART[mk4adapter*]:FOR[zzz_CryoTanks] to MarkIVSystem/Parts/Fuselage/mk4adapter-3/mk4adapter-3

Full Log:

Hello and good evening,

i have the same issue with the 10 error.  Is there any limitaion in using the parts, or can the error be ignored and there is no problem?

22 hours ago, Nertea said:

This does not fix my drag problem, the short fuselage behind my large cargo bay still gets way too much drag, and replacing the cargo bay with an empty extended fuselage still fixes the problem.

Also, I noticed that if I remove the short fuselage and attach my dual adapter (which I had behind the short fuselage) directly to the cargo bay, it becomes shielded. I don't know if this happened with the previous patch.

Just now, Michaelo90 said:

This does not fix my drag problem, the short fuselage behind my large cargo bay still gets way too much drag, and replacing the cargo bay with an empty extended fuselage still fixes the problem.

Also, I noticed that if I remove the short fuselage and attach my dual adapter (which I had behind the short fuselage) directly to the cargo bay, it becomes shielded. I don't know if this happened with the previous patch.

Did you rebuild your craft? The nodes will have changed, so you will have to disconnect everything from the bay and reconnect everything. 

13 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Did you rebuild your craft? The nodes will have changed, so you will have to disconnect everything from the bay and reconnect everything. 

I rebuilt the craft from scratch twice just to be sure.

Here is a screenshot of my plane with drag info if it helps. Look at the drag on the short fuselage to the left.

z6RdGKA.png

@Nertea

sir MM throws some errors using your latest version + cryo's latest version?

On 11/25/2016 at 10:11 AM, gilflo said:

Hello

Mark IV space plane working wonderfull for me, except that I cannot attach any fuselage (tank or cargo) to the vulture cockpit. It won't take any of it. Works only for the Thunderhawk cockpit !!!

i didnt understand what you were saying at first, but i just encountered your problem.

cant figure out why yet, but the vulture pod behaves as if modulecommand is missing, it is there in the cfg though.

running an extremely modded install atm, i'll update this if i can figure out why.

On ۱۳۹۵/۹/۴ ه‍.ش. at 6:52 PM, Jiraiyah said:

@Nertea

sir MM throws some errors using your latest version + cryo's latest version?

@TK421d

can you help on this too?