Gas Giant Textures (4k Resolution) - Taking Requests

Eudae55

This is my Gas Giant texture collection that I've been working on. The textures are free for you to use however you wish :) (I'm releasing them as public domain)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required:

Texture Replacer or a mod that replaces textures of planetary bodies.

Install:

If using Texture Replacer, drag the file to the 'Default' folder in the Texture Replacer folder. Make sure it is named gas1_clouds.

I'm also taking requests if anyone is after something specific.

• Fulfilled Requests:
    • Deadpangod3 (Jovian Mustafar)
    • CaptRobau (Gas Planet 2)

​Thanks :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

88x31.png

This work is free of known copyright restrictions.

Edited by Eudae55

You can replace Jool's texture with one of the one's I've provided if you have Texture Replacer; or, if you use a mod like Planet Factory, RSS, Kopernikus, you can use the textures to create your own unique planets.

Edit1: As an example, this is what Jool looks like in my game after I replaced the texture with my own watermelon coloured one.

Edited by Eudae55

Could you make a texture that looks like the wormhole from Interstellar? I plan to use it to replace the texture on the StarSystems black hole (if that's even possible)

I feel like the best way to emulate the effect is through the layering afforded by the EVE mod. Layers containing stretched out galaxies and stars could rotate at an axis of rotation centered on the player's direction (which I don't believe is a feature atm). I assume you're talking about what the wormhole looks like before it is entered by the Endurancd?

I feel like the best way to emulate the effect is through the layering afforded by the EVE mod. Layers containing stretched out galaxies and stars could rotate at an axis of rotation centered on the player's direction (which I don't believe is a feature atm). I assume you're talking about what the wormhole looks like before it is entered by the Endurancd?

This is what I am trying to do. The black hole in StarSystems comes with a corona texture. Change the texture to show a warped galaxy and add the same warped galaxy texture as ring system around the planet to achieve this look.

ut_interstellarOpener_f.png

This is what I am trying to do. The black hole in StarSystems comes with a corona texture. Change the texture to show a warped galaxy and add the same warped galaxy texture as ring system around the planet to achieve this look.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ut_interstellarOpener_f.png

I threw this together quickly just to test how something like that could potentially look. It doesn't look too bad.. For some reason the texture is warped into waves instead of a continuous ring. I'll have to figure out why later but I wanted to report the progress.

TTYNmrL.png?1

Question, can you make a kind of silverish blue kind of gas giant? Kind of like this, but without the rings? http://api.ning.com/files/DhefEVp4PojtxrAKRnTw-oekJ9Rm3c7f2HZkf4xGyJwaw1adU5c8jaH4jZx3Qd5ZFZd7Unpmgimv-YRQsVmxChwrrNuO9mWj/bgt001.jpg?width=737&height=414

Sure I'll give it a try.

Request by me, the guy working on the Outer Planets parts: a Uranus like gas giant. I'm not very happy with the one that I've made, so I was wondering if you were interested in cooking something up.

Can I have a look at the one you're currently using (you can PM me if you want)? Any requests for the colour of the Uranus texture? or just the normal real life colour?

A way to do Uranus might be something a la this:

File:GasPlanet2.png

This is Gas Planet 2, a planet that Squad worked on a long while back. It has that paleness and lack of distinct features that characterizes Uranus, but its bands are also detailed enough to make it look like more than just a single color.

A way to do Uranus might be something a la this:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/File:GasPlanet2.png

This is Gas Planet 2, a planet that Squad worked on a long while back. It has that paleness and lack of distinct features that characterizes Uranus, but its bands are also detailed enough to make it look like more than just a single color.

Here's my version of GP2 I created just then. I figured I should have that available for people to use.

Let me know what you think.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit:

Westi29, If you'd like the Gargantua corona Texture I used in that photo, it can be found here. I haven't had time to play around with the settings controlling how wavey it is as its a bit out of scope of what I'm doing here with this thread.

Edited by Eudae55

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.