[v0.17] Damned Aerospace Version 1.5.3 + Crewtank

DYJ

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Tim: what are you trying to lift, the mun?

Groundhog: Avataresq rotors is something that I might potentially make in the future.

If anyone has a helicopter craft file they think work well I\'d like to see that someone make a 'share your helicopters' thread in the correct forum, the reason I haven\'t released any craft files for helicopters is that I have yet to come up with a launch system that doesn\'t looks highly absurd.

At the tim thing, well, that I have a part in too. We are having a competition to build the biggest helicopter. Happens alot actually, last time it was the biggest landable aircraft.

Thanks for the reply.

Same here.

I can click it, but when I move it onto the ship screen, it dissappears and pretends it was never there.

You have to click it, then move your mouse over the area you want to put it. Then, you have to scroll up circa 3 mouse rolls, and position it from the top. It has a very low origin, and so you must scroll up in order to see it in the VAB.

You have to click it, then move your mouse over the area you want to put it. Then, you have to scroll up circa 3 mouse rolls, and position it from the top. It has a very low origin, and so you must scroll up in order to see it in the VAB.

Oh, thank you, good sir. Works great!

Rather than control surfaces use C7\'s rcs units.

I used the winter owl part as a tail and placed two Heavy-L rcs units on each side of the tip, do the same with the nose of your craft and turning is a breeze.

If necessary place one under the nose and under the tail also.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Dammit Groundhog,,Where do you come up with all these wonderful contraptions, or more to the point, How do you get \'em off the bloody ground :D

How do I make the contraptions : I have a mind for finding ways to do things, though anyone else could do it quicker than me.

How do I get them off the ground: Well, that one had some supports for when it was on the ground, and then after that its just having enough thrust.

Only the pushing parts, helicoptor and the side mounted tturboprop engines work for me. The others are invisible when picked up in the VAB.

Bleh, they just spawn below the floor.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Only the pushing parts, helicoptor and the side mounted tturboprop engines work for me. The others are invisible when picked up in the VAB.

Bleh, they just spawn below the floor.

On the front page it says

'Please note that the all non pushing engines use origin hacks to get past the engine deathray issue, this causes them to spawn offset from where you drop them in the VAB'

On the front page it says

'Please note that the all non pushing engines use origin hacks to get past the engine deathray issue, this causes them to spawn offset from where you drop them in the VAB'

It doesn\'t say where they actually spawn, though.

A great advancement in science has led to the next generation of spinning things: things that spin other things!

The video shows a tilt-rotor aircraft using a prototype rotation joint (developed by R4m0n) capable of rotating any child parts attached to it.

It seems the offset origin is causing a lot of problems with short aircraft. I received a message from the time 0:00 that the prop 'crashed into the surface' while suspended several meters in the air.

It also seems to be causing problems with nacelles in the wings, did this happen before? I remember being able to put those things in the wings.