A Sneak Peek at KSP: Beta Than Ever

SQUAD

I wonder if/how the computational load of physics changes - in particular, will the 0.90 support more parts on screen w/o screwing up with physics or framerate? And if some of the Krakens get chased away?

Yes, I'm still pissed about two Kraken attacks in one day at my < 300 parts space station in frakkin LKO, that killed 2 of my Kerbonauts and utterly destroyed a refuel/repair mission.

Anyway, great work SQUAD! Can't wait for the release!

We are talking about an update to a game i bought a few years back, for the price of ..dunno 3 packs of smokes? A pizza?, and it looks pure awesome.

This is unbelievable, once more Squad shows how its supposed to be done.

I really dunno where are you gonna take us with KSP, i just pray that when the show is over, you will make something new. Once more, no matter what thats gonna be, ill gladly support it all the way.

I can't wait! The best part about this must be the new vehicle editing features. :)

I really dunno where are you gonna take us with KSP, i just pray that when the show is over, you will make something new.

Kerbal Space Program 2 :)

Kerbal Space Program 2 :)

Maybe Kerbal Sea Kuest, where you'll be exploring the seas and oceans of Kerbin with DSVs you design yourself?

I'm only half-joking here. Such game would have potential for having similar depth (pun intended) and fun as the KSP. I'd love to play it!

We are talking about an update to a game i bought a few years back, for the price of ..dunno 3 packs of smokes? A pizza?, and it looks pure awesome.

This is unbelievable, once more Squad shows how its supposed to be done.

This.

There's no triple A game that will give me half the satisfaction Kerbal gives, and the price was just so cheap! I bought it on .17, when it came to Steam and there was a sale, and I still can't believe the ammount of fun this little money brought me.

Awesome, SQUAD. Looking forward to breaking yet another save!

I must say that the buildings we saw in that video were nowhere near the quality of the buildings that got ripped to pieces by the forum when we saw the tier 1 buildings.

I actually quite liked the barn concept. The buildings looked fine to me as I mostly see them from a rocket on it`s way to space...

It would be different if we could walk from outside to inside and see the craft being constructed piece by piece but we cannot so there is a sensible limit on polygons, textures and so forth so that people with lower spec machines can still get a good framerate.

I've noticed quite a few of us miss the barn/trailer park levels we got as a preview before. Honestly, I liked the idea too. I took all the negative reaction on the forums to those levels to just be "more-of-the-same" complaining that the loudmouths do anytime anything changes that is outside their expectations. I ignored it, just like I ignore most of the complaints people have before they actually have the release in their hands, since, not having it actually in their hands, they by definition don't really know what they're talking about. I'm saddened to see that for once Squad took the complaints to heart and nixed some levels that I thought might be interesting.

I guess the lesson is that we shouldn't ignore all the complainers of each release and voice our positive support to new ideas to balance them out, but boy is that tiring. I'd rather, Squad, that you just trusted your instincts. They've made a fantastic game so far. I want you to know that for every vocal person on here complaining about something, there are a thousand of us who are pleased with KSP. It's just that being pleased doesn't inspire one to fight vocally on the forums against the anonymous, vocal minority.

Anyway, I'm glad we'll see the barns and trailer parks again in some revamped form at a later date. Squad, keep up the good work, please realize that there are 1000's of me for every one of the complainers and don't take the negativity to heart.

For fun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Goddard#mediaviewer/File:Dr._Goddard_Transports_Rocket_-_GPN-2000-001693.jpg

The real life history of rockets had a few trailers and barns in it as well, if you need any ammo to shoot back with.

--pest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.