Game Deleting Missions

I brought a Gilly manned lander and a Eve probe lander together in 1 rocket. I am planning on having the Eve lander have an 10,000m periapsis as to land easily in the atmosphere, and the Gilly lander to have a 65,000 periapsis to aerobrake and get into Evian orbit.

However once I undock the two and time warp a day closer to the periapsis, the one I am not controlling vanishes from map mode. I read somewhere that having a probe going into the atmosphere uncontrolled would be deleted, so I set my Eve lander to 165,000 just for grins and seperated, and it was also deleted.

What's going on :(

I've had instances of the game deleting ships...usually happens when I load a ship from tracking station, or when I am going back to Space Center. The screen glitches black and almost looks like my graphics card is bugging (it's not). I just get in the habit of quicksaving whenever I am concerned I may lose something. Anyway, I think also the game gets confused when you have two pods on one ship from VAB to launch, a manned and a remote. Not sure why. Doesn't seem to be an issue with ships that have docked and have multiple control pods. I haven't played around enough with this but perhaps someone here has a more intimate knowledge of this issue.

Is it possible that the contract is expiring? I know they have time limitations of a few of them. I've never really missed one, but I suppose if you accept one late and then take a long time getting there, it could expire.

Is it possible that the contract is expiring? I know they have time limitations of a few of them. I've never really missed one, but I suppose if you accept one late and then take a long time getting there, it could expire.

If you actually read the OP, the problem is *ships* disappearing, not contracts... as for the problem, post a bug report in support with saves/logs etc (there's a bug reporting guide in each of the relevant forums). In the meantime I guess liberal quicksave use/backup is probably your best bet :/

If you actually read the OP, the problem is *ships* disappearing, not contracts... as for the problem, post a bug report in support with saves/logs etc (there's a bug reporting guide in each of the relevant forums). In the meantime I guess liberal quicksave use/backup is probably your best bet :/

And to be fair, OP's title implies contracts with the word "missions"...so I can see how Excl would have mentioned that.

I've had instances of the game deleting ships...usually happens when I load a ship from tracking station, or when I am going back to Space Center. The screen glitches black and almost looks like my graphics card is bugging (it's not).

I just had this happen to me earlier today. The screen when black so I just restarted the game. I just now noticed that one of my ships has disappeared without a trace.

Anyway, I think also the game gets confused when you have two pods on one ship from VAB to launch, a manned and a remote. Not sure why.

Coincidentally the ship that disappeared had two command pods, though neither was manned. One part of the ship was a SCANsat and the other a lander.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.