[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I'm currently sending scansat missions all over the system as well, I hoped they would introduce also a color map for the planets and moons but seems like that's not going to happen. I would love that

A bunch of high resolution elevation and biome maps for Sarnus' moons were posted back here.

Edit: I added a bunch of polar projection maps for all of the planets.

Does anyone know what's going on with Slate? Its heightmap seems to have been replaced by a blank image, which is causing the planet to look like a bunch of random bumps up close and making the terrain very high, above 20000m in most places. I downloaded the pack again from Kerbal Stuff and it's the same.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Also, Elowiny, you can export maps from the big map to get higher quality images without any overlays on them.

Edited by DMagic

I've tried switching to the latest version of kopernicus tech, and while it's not 100% fixed it does make a difference. Contracts (even for the outer planets) are surviving switching views etc. The one-time "Explore planet" contracts are still broken though. They vanish on switching views, and they also mess up the drop down contract view in the main screen. At least they don't take all the other contracts with them any more which makes things rather more playable.

Unfortunately I've already found an unrelated new bug after updating Kopernicus. Aerobraking into Urlum, which was working fine before, now results in decelerating at about 30g the moment the atmosphere registers.

That's good to hear. Kopernicus seems to be more heavily developed these days, so hopefully we'll be able to fix all the problems we've been having recently.

After my topographic map of Slate...

A topographic map of Wal ! The equatorial mountains are REALLY visible.

http://i.imgur.com/jahTDYH.png

My goal is to try to get the topographic ScanSat maps of every OPM moons.

EDIT : My 100th post!

Congratulations!

A bunch of high resolution elevation and biome maps for Sarnus' moons were posted back here.

Edit: I added a bunch of polar projection maps for all of the planets.

Does anyone know what's going on with Slate? Its heightmap seems to have been replaced by a blank image, which is causing the planet to look like a bunch of random bumps up close and making the terrain very high, above 20000m in most places. I downloaded the pack again from Kerbal Stuff and it's the same.

http://imgur.com/a/4xHXX

Also, Elowiny, you can export maps from the big map to get higher quality images without any overlays on them.

Slate looking like that is very weird. Can't explain it.

Bug fixing update 1.6.5 is out!

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

Note: if this post is still fresh, I recommend downloading from KerbalStuff as Curseforge can take a while for files to get approved

Here are the big changes in the update:

Added a ScaledSpace .bin for Plock, removed tidal locking from Plock and added a rotational period to Plock. Also tweaked the mass and gravity of Plock slightly to make them more consistent with each other

Overlooked these problems before. Plock was tidally locked due to its template being tidally locked.

Made Urlum's rotation prograde to fix issues the retrograde rotation

People were having issues with Urlum, which was tracked down to its retrograde rotation. That's now prograde like all other bodies in the Kerbol system

Changed the descriptions for Slate and Eeloo to make their lore more realistic

I think it was GregoxMun who proposed these improvements

Fixed the incorrect height map for Slate and made Slate's normal map more detailed

The previous update erroneously contained a flat height map for Slate

Updated KopernicusTech, ModuleManager and DDSLoader to their latest version

People have been reporting better results when it came to the contract disappearance bug

The Future

There have been some exciting developments regarding Kopernicus. Its dev team is doing wonderful things and are close to a full release. It'll allow OPM to drop KittopiaTech and use Kopernicus for everything it did. Using only one plugin should benefit the mod stability wise. Aside from that the new Kopernicus update will also solve some outstanding bugs such as the recovery values on Kerbin being off. Once it is released and proven to be stable, OPM will switch to it. For the moment we needed the extra stability that the latest KopernicusTech update provided, so we decided not to wait until the new Kopernicus was out to delay 1.6.5.

Qdomnqm.png

Edited by CaptRobau

Tellion had been doing the 6.4k configs, but he doesnt seem to have been active recently.

I am still using the 1.5.5 was it? (pre-Urlum moons anyway) on my 6.4k because of fears about the contracts issue snafing up my save ... does the latest patch fix that btw?

I'm not entirely sure of all the changes Tellion did in his configs, but as Urlums moons dont have atmosphere it should be simple radius, mass and semi-major axis increases.

I believe the contracts issue was also noticed before the Urlum moons were added. Anyway, the current state is that it's a gamble playing career mode. For some people there will be no issues, for others there will be ones.

Finally, the promised video of me going to Tekto and back in an SSTO is finished! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in KSP :P

On an unrelated note, it's good to hear about the new update to the mod and the new image of Slate looks remarkable!

Finally, the promised video of me going to Tekto and back in an SSTO is finished! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in KSP :P

That SSTO looks like something from Elite.

EDIT: also, how do you plan gravity assists?

Edited by billbobjebkirk

So I got a preliminary Kopernicus version of OPM (Minus all terrestrial bodies except Plock) working with multiple star systems. Problems:

1. Rings aren't working for some reason (They work now :))

2. Kerbol's SOI is infinite, but this is a Kopernicus issue

Edited by _Augustus_

Err... I don't believe that the texture replacer bug has been completely remedied. I can run OPM with however many mods I like, so long as one isn't texture replacer. Here's my log with both of the aforementioned mods installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrf2030697n3idg/KSP.log?dl=0

Help is greatly apprecieated!

Edited by WolfGeek101
Spelling :P

Uhh yeah, Slate is still getting better and better. Well done!

When are the High-Res textures to be expected? Can't wait to give Slate the details it deserves.

Could be a while, since I want to see if I the newest Kopernicus is worth porting too. It has a lot of improvements for OPM, but it does textures in a different way. I kinda don't want to have to redo all those textures again and again. Hope you understand.

This looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get out there and check out the new moons and planets.

Dumb question though. How do I set the launch site back to the Kerbal default? I don't see it in the list along with the others.

Could be a while, since I want to see if I the newest Kopernicus is worth porting too. It has a lot of improvements for OPM, but it does textures in a different way. I kinda don't want to have to redo all those textures again and again. Hope you understand.

Actually, it doesn't.

Oh yeah, and PQS configuring has been partially added. You can't do anything with it, though.

This looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to get out there and check out the new moons and planets.

Dumb question though. How do I set the launch site back to the Kerbal default? I don't see it in the list along with the others.

There are no other launch sites in OPM. Must be another mod of yours.

Actually, it doesn't Oh yeah, and PQS configuring has been partially added. You can't do anything with it, though.[/o QUOTE]

Stars are working with the latest Kopernicus! I've already added a Gas giant around a real life replica star, MuArae! Now I almost got a rocky planet working!

Actually, it doesn't Oh yeah, and PQS configuring has been partially added. You can't do anything with it, though.[/o QUOTE]

Stars are working with the latest Kopernicus! I've already added a Gas giant around a real life replica star, MuArae! Now I almost got a rocky planet working!

It does. Look:

gC4yVl1.png

Never heard of problems with ATM before. What's breaking exactly? Also, ATM does need to load for a long time if new textures are added, which in the case of OPM is a lot of textures and big ones too. Is it just freezing at loadup, because if that's the case you just need to wait longer.

Has anyone made K2 config for this? I'd really like to play using K2 but Outer Planets Mod is awesome.

I guess I could make my own, but I want to make sure no one else has first.

EDIT: I'm just doing this my own. Do you actually need to say what the mass is in the config file, or will it just compute itself?

Edited by GregroxMun

Has anyone made K2 config for this? I'd really like to play using K2 but Outer Planets Mod is awesome.

EDIT: I'm just doing this my own. Do you actually need to say what the mass is in the config file, or will it just compute itself?

PM me and I can help you calculate the new Mass, Radius, SMA etc. values.

Someone has indeed. It's linked in the K2 thread, but for your convenience, go here.

Can't speak in regards to the working state/quality, I just noticed it existed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.