[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Oh wait, do you have RealSolarSystem installed? Otherwise their terrain/textures won't load, which would prevent them from spawning at all. Check PlanetFactory Revived/Kerbol Expanded (I assume you got the files from there) and find all your Sentar's moon related files there. If this is the case, the guy from PFR/Kerbol Expanded is probably the one you want to talk too further to get all those moons to work around other planets (if my directions don't help you enough).

Yeah. This is the Real Solar System cfg:

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
Kerbin
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.032
innerRadiusMult = 0.958
waveLength = 0.9251, 0.5616, 0.4291, 0.8
}
}
Duna
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.032
innerRadiusMult = 0.964
waveLength = 0.5125, 0.571, 0.619, 0.25
}
}
Eve
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.032
innerRadiusMult = 0.970
}
}
Rude
{
SSBump = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Rude_normal.png
useSphericalSSM = false
PQS
{
Rude
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Rude_height.png
heightMapOffset = 0.0
heightMapDeformity = 9333.0
}
Add
{
PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Rude_color.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}
}
}
Laythe
{
AtmosphereFromGround
{
outerRadiusMult = 1.028
innerRadiusMult = 0.965
waveLength = 0.7510373, 0.6710546, 0.5759027, 0.8
}
}
Skelton
{
atmosphereScaleHeight = 15.9
maxAtmosphereAltitude = 90000
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
atmosphere = true
SSBump = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Skelton_normal.png
PQS
{
Skelton
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Skelton_height.png
}
Add
{
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Skelton_color.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}
}
}
Erin
{
SSBump = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Erin_normal.png
PQS
{
Erin
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Erin_height.png
}
Add
{
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Erin_map.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}
}
}
Pock
{
SSBump = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Pock_normal.png
PQS
{
Pock
{
Add
{
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Pock_map.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}
}
}
Ringle
{
SSBump = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Ringle_normal.png
useSphericalSSM = true
PQS
{
Ringle
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Ringle_height.png
}
Add
{
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/Ringle_color.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}
}
}
}

Oh wait, do you have RealSolarSystem installed? Otherwise their terrain/textures won't load, which would prevent them from spawning at all. Check PlanetFactory Revived/Kerbol Expanded (I assume you got the files from there) and find all your Sentar's moon related files there. If this is the case, the guy from PFR/Kerbol Expanded is probably the one you want to talk too further to get all those moons to work around other planets (if my directions don't help you enough).

I can't find his issue. It's not anything to do with RSS, if RSS broke then the planets simply wouldn't have custom terrain.

There are also also no issues with his Kopernicus config.

He has all the textures, right?

Also, everyone, I've tried to convince Robau here to use my method of adding terrestrial bodies to orbit his gas planets, but he's as stubborn as a goat. If he did this you'd all have no reason to install my planets at all if you were running this mod.

No offense, though :P.

Edited by _Augustus_

Read the bit about 'the future' that I added to the 1.2 release post a couple above this one. It'll tell you I'm working on new moons and seeing as there is no other way I'll be using your method to do it. You can't read my mind so there's no offense, but do remember that I might not have all my plans all out in the open before you call me anything. Moons will come, but they'll be unique and high-quality (hopefully :D). That takes time, which I don't have in unlimited quantities.

On a side note, 1.2 also has support for Distant Object Enhancement as it uses the same file as PlanetShine. Was checking out adding DOE support for 1.3, but found out I didn't have to do anything.

Edited by CaptRobau

Read the bit about 'the future' that I added to the 1.2 release post a couple above this one. It'll tell you I'm working on new moons and seeing as there is no other way I'll be using your method to do it. You can't read my mind so there's no offense, but do remember that I might not have all my plans all out in the open before you call me anything. Moons will come, but they'll be unique and high-quality (hopefully :D). That takes time, which I don't have in unlimited quantities.

On a side note, 1.2 also has support for Distant Object Enhancement as it uses the same file as PlanetShine. Was checking out adding DOE support for 1.3, but found out I didn't have to do anything.

Can I make one moon? Pwease?

Cute_kitten.p.jpg

Robau, I made a common core for Kopernicus packs. I recommend you make your new planets in a ModuleManager config to avoid incompatibilites with other mods and support for my core pack, and don't bother re-distributing any mods because they're all included in the core.

Also, I really think that instead of moving Eeloo out, you should make it a moon of Sarnus, and create a Pluto analog later on.

Edited by _Augustus_

A hotfix for 1.2 is out!

It reduces Urlum's shepherd moon spawn rate from its extremely high value which I used for testing and forgot to change back to its intended value. I highly recommend you download this latest patch, as otherwise your save will quickly be flooded by a lot of untracked asteroids, which can degrade framerates. Sorry for inconvenience.

Robau, I made a common core for Kopernicus packs. I recommend you make your new planets in a ModuleManager config to avoid incompatibilites with other mods and support for my core pack, and don't bother re-distributing any mods because they're all included in the core.

Also, I really think that instead of moving Eeloo out, you should make it a moon of Sarnus, and create a Pluto analog later on.

I'll make a separate compatible version, because I like to keep full control of my mod while at the same time giving people a version they can mix with other planet packs.

I'll think about moving Eeloo. I'm torn, since Eeloo has become the Pluto analog for a lot of people but at the same time it's not very interesting, nor very Pluto-like.

Has anyone actually managed to GET to Urlum? The retrograde orbit seems like it would be just waaay too hard. Maybe a heavily inclined orbit would apply here, instead of RETROGRADE.

It's actually probably easier to get to, as you can make a prograde orbit exactly the same as Urlum's but wait, and eventually Urlum will come to you.

Has anyone actually managed to GET to Urlum? The retrograde orbit seems like it would be just waaay too hard. Maybe a heavily inclined orbit would apply here, instead of RETROGRADE.

Yah; retrograde planet in a system that has nothing but prograde, planar planets is pretty dumb. I see what the creator is going for, though -- some way to represent Uranus' odd obliquity. Too bad obliquity isn't possible to add in as I understand it at this point . . .

Edit: Just had an idea. Maybe instead of ORBITING retrograde, you could make Urlum ROTATE retrograde by putting in a negative value for its rotation rate. That might be a better way to make that 7th planet distinct.

Edited by Jasonden

For those of you who are struggling with Urlum's orbit, just build a massive trasfer stage in orbit around Kerbin then try to slingshot off another planet. Way easier said than done, but sounds like it can work :)

Also... First time seeing this mod... RINGS IN KSP!!!!!! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.