KSP player leveling system.

Hallofo

I'm level 10! Prior to this latest release, I started a new Hard-mode game (no save/load, less funds, less science, etc) and finished all planetary/body contracts without a single mishap :) As far as mods, pretty much "stock" except I only used Kerbal Engineer (for the Delta-V and TWR info) and plugins that fixed the horrific bugs with EVA and radial decouplers.

I'm between 4 and 5. I've at least landed probes on most bodies, but on atmospheric bodies I still can't choose my landing site, and I can't reliably travel to any of Jool's moons. I feel like I must be missing something basic, either in efficient maneuvering skill or in building techniques. Landing on the Mun and Minmus has been cake for me since .16, yet even now I can't reliably get Kerbals to Duna and back.

Level 6

Used to play heavily modded but now only stock and proc fairings, KER, aviation lights, VS armory.

Never maxed a Tech tree 0.90 was a real change of pace for me and I now spend 50/50 on sandbox and career.

Have only 'landed' on Duna once. Orbited twice and visited Jool once with a flyby of Laythe.

And have tried to make a mod but I don't understand blender.

I only spend time on sand box designing warships.

P.S. I don't go to celestial bodies other than Mün and Minmus because I'm too impatient to wait for a transfer window.

Edited by Commander Jebidiah

Except: Only use KA Clock and Engineer, never seen a Scott M video. I am very comfortable with interplanetary travel, but haven't taken off from Eve or landed on Tylo.

I am still amazed at some of the cool designs on the exchange, some of those designers must be level 8.

Level 4+. My Jool-5 challenge is still the most ambitious project I've completed. I've done a couple of "ironman" careers with flights to Duna (Hard mode career + DRE + FAR + TACLS). Still don't watch ScottM videos though, and haven't made any videos of my own. And not really very active on the forums, but would be if I had more time. :)

Near if not at Level 5.

I watched Scott's videos thorough my KSP career. But thing is, the better I became at KSP, the more I felt what he did, I could do as well. And then you realize it means you've become a good KSP player. You've mastered docking, Landing/taking off difficult planets, can build stations, build odd/beautiful ships that use some clipping to keep them beautiful while having a 6'000 dV lander. Nothing is beyond you, you can go anywhere and do anything... even without heavy modding and stock "soup-o-sphere".

I would never play (seriously) without my favorite mods, and cringe at the 32bit memory limit and my 500 part smooth gameplay limit (things that never where an issue back when I was 'of a lower level').

I've considered making youtube vids of "Roving a Rover on the Mun" and my own "Jool-5 expedition" but from lack of good recording equipment/software and time constraint decided not to do. Yup, Feeling confident enough to expose myself and my sins on youtube... Maybe some future plans of mine.

May not have published any mods, but I've modified existing parts from Stock and some mods to suit my own parts. Takes a lot of time to balance but so rewarding once it is. Let's just say I have 2.5m Ion engines, A good electric propeller, better nuclear engines, more solar panels/dishes. My own mod is a collection of about 5-7 other mods as far as pieces go, and I'm struggling to play without them =)

... “periapsis†sounds a bit like a skin condition ...

I chuckled, because well... http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/priapism/basics/definition/con-20029378

Also I would consider myself level 5, even though I am not extremely active on the forums, I am well versed in the ways of KSP...

Level 5-point-something. I've never distributed a mod, but I do have a folder of dozens of parts with custom configs I wrote. I do still play other games, as I come down with KSP-overload every couple of months...but I keep coming back. I got KSP before Steam had it, so don't have a timer running but I'm guessing in two years I'm in the 2000-hour range.

It's easier to rack up the hours when you're disabled and retired. :)

OTOH pain makes me cranky sometimes which is why I'm not more active on the forums. I hate reading a post I made yesterday and thinking, "What a ....!" ;)

I feel very strange about this, because I started playing at 24.2 and I have learned how to do a Hoffman transfer, gravity assist using the Mün, calculating d-V's for various destinations, integrating a lot of mods to my core play and am starting to get very creative with my designs. But I have never actually planted a flag on another planet. It was one of the first things I tried when I got the game, unsuccessfully, so I said to myself: learn the basics first. So I learned: read every tutorial, obsessed about getting everything right, practicing transfer nodes... Finally, I decided to plan a Jool-5 and started building an enormous ship in orbit. THen .25 came out: «ok, let's try career first». Played some career, ok, «let's try the Jool-5 again». The ship got so large I started lagging (some mod's didn't help, I have since adjusted my install so the game runs perfectly), so I decided to try a Duna journey instead. Builded a much more agreeable ship in orbit, and just when it was missing the life support modules â€â€because it just doesn't feel right to send a bunch of kerbals cramped in a capsule, I feel I have to add a lot of space and life supportâ€â€, 0.90 came out and I was thinking «well, it's not worth it if the kerbals are not going to gain any XP».

So I know how to do it, and feel confident I can. I just havent done it, and feel stupid about that.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.