What Should be posted here?

ZooNamedGames

I'd suggest looking at the KerbalEDU Mission Library for examples. This forum is a good place to share missions so that others can critique them.

You'll want to include:

• A narrative description of the lesson
  • Grade and/or age ranges for the students
  • Specific learning objectives
  • Lesson plan
  • Ways to assess how much each student learned from the lesson
  • Educational standards that the lesson meets

Alright- So my plan is that I'm going to make this a "group assignment" and try to add some other parts to this that REAL astronauts would've encountered such as remaining in orbit for 2 weeks for one group and the other must rendezvous- ofc this is a WIP and I will announce anymore progress when I make any.

Would competition rules be appropriate here? As a director of Aerospace Education for one of the Civil Air Patrol states and a past technology education teacher in the public schools (30 + years), Etc. It has been my privilege to introduce KSP to students (Cadets) as well as adults (seniors). Come conference time the plan is to have a computer lab open for competition of: 1- first to get to orbit. 2 - First to circle the Mun and get back safely. 3 - First to land on the Mun and get back safely. There will be prizes associated with the competition and we will be using the free version (vers 18?). The big Aerospace Education activity however will be the quad copter missions planned (Sorry KSP). Nothing like a real drone to interest people. :-)

Capt. Quest

Would competition rules be appropriate here? As a director of Aerospace Education for one of the Civil Air Patrol states and a past technology education teacher in the public schools (30 + years), Etc. It has been my privilege to introduce KSP to students (Cadets) as well as adults (seniors). Come conference time the plan is to have a computer lab open for competition of: 1- first to get to orbit. 2 - First to circle the Mun and get back safely. 3 - First to land on the Mun and get back safely. There will be prizes associated with the competition and we will be using the free version (vers 18?). The big Aerospace Education activity however will be the quad copter missions planned (Sorry KSP). Nothing like a real drone to interest people. :-)

Capt. Quest

I appreciate your background but I don't understand the question- Are you wanting me to make it a cooperative competition? If you want something to "Race" for- then that's MUCH easier to devise a situation for than what I'm planning.

I appreciate your background but I don't understand the question- Are you wanting me to make it a cooperative competition? If you want something to "Race" for- then that's MUCH easier to devise a situation for than what I'm planning.

Not so much a question but hopefully adding in a positive way an exchange of ideas of ways to reach others in inspiring learning. Competition along with things like code writing for games may help. Different way's to use KSP to help others learn (kids and adults) shared to inspire and so forth. Gleaning from others what type of things, activities and ways of teaching help others. If my ideas help then good if not then I will keep silent. Non the less I hope this grows to help others in inspiring others.

Not so much a question but hopefully adding in a positive way an exchange of ideas of ways to reach others in inspiring learning. Competition along with things like code writing for games may help. Different way's to use KSP to help others learn (kids and adults) shared to inspire and so forth. Gleaning from others what type of things, activities and ways of teaching help others. If my ideas help then good if not then I will keep silent. Non the less I hope this grows to help others in inspiring others.

Agreed and I see your point now :) . I definitely hope KerbalEDU does get off the ground as I've been watching it for a long time and I don't want to see it go now.

EDIT:

Still working on the specifics guys :) haven't forgotten about this :D .

Edited by Master Tao
merge posts

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
19 hours ago, PrathamK said:

Whats the difference between KSP and KSPEdu, do i need to purchase it, while i have KSP, can i play both.

KSPEdu is the educational version modified for teaching the basics of physics and astrophysics in depth. 

I do believe you have to purchase it even if you own KSP as its separate entity intended for schools.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.