F-22 Raptor MRK VIII

VR_Dev

MRK V Stealth with Internal Weapons Bay 2.0. Unlike the original stealth craft this one will be the exact same as the Stock MRK V, but will have the same payload located inside the craft. And unlike the OG Stealth Raptor, the AI can fly and combat this one.

FastNimbleDuck.gif

GFY

Side Bays GFY

• 3 weeks later...
Clown, are you using infernal robotics for the new weapons bays? Would you like some help?

Depends on what you can offer. I have the doors running on IR, & they even open in the hanger. They have real "stealth" built in, which doesn't make it invisible, but definitely harder to lock onto. The craft is actually ready to go, but seamus0riley and I (him mostly) are trying to write a plugin that will integrate the craft into BDArmory. AKA have the doors open when the proper weapon is selected, and missile lock is achieved. We have all the BD stuff figured out, but calling IR from another plugin is more difficult.

Discussion thread is here.

If you didn't read my update in my main post there is a MRK VI stock,armed, and stealth upgrade ready. Brings performance/armament/visual upgrades, and the stealth will the exact same as the other two, just with a weapons bay.

• 4 months later...

OckA5A1.png3fJlZyN.pngrNkwh05.png

5AK1AGZ.pngaX4xlnb.pngg5vR1sf.png

oijvmTRh.jpg

The 7th complete rebuild of my Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.  This build has is completely rebuilt for 1.05, and is the first to be properly scaled.  I took a page out of landfish's book and used a blueprint and Kronal viewer to make sure it was as closed to perfect as I could get.

More photos & craft files can be found in the OP.

More videos, versions, and kOS scripts will be posted as I finish them.

Edited by clown_baby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rebuilt for 1.1, also changed the fuselage shape a little, made the body thicker and moved the wheels.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zomry875mpsi574/mrk%20VIII.craft?dl=0

Got a new PC so I can finally run my wingman mod with no lag.  

8Fspl0v.png

Also here his my AI flying through the first 6 gates of Scott Manley's Air Race.

Edited by clown_baby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone may have taken this design, and decided to make it stock, then claim it is theirs. They say in the description that most F-22 replica's look alike, but his exactly matches the one in the OP in quite a few spots, and not just similarly, exactly, the parts are the exact same, dimensions, width, and angles, everything.

It seems he just modified your craft, and took credit for it, is what I am saying, although, a similar incident has happened in the past, and I was wrong about that, but this one seems much more realistic.

https://kerbalx.com/QRC2003/Lockheed-Martin-F-22-Raptor

If I am wrong, sorry, but this seems too much of a "coincidence" for me to leave alone.

Let me elaborate:

The length has changed, but height, and wingspan is the same.

90% or more of the body has the exact dimensions, not including the parts removed, or parts added, but for the most part, all of the main structural parts of the fuselage are all the same.

The wings are identical with a few minor angle changes, simple rotation, or offset by a tiny bit.

They are within 1 part of each other, cost similar amounts to build in the hangar, both have 28 struts, and here are the parts lists:

They are identical except for a change in the nosecone to stock parts. (Copy F-22 is in the OP's spoiler for some reason)

OP's F-22:

Edited by He_162

1 hour ago, YoeriCookie said:

Do you remember.... 

Indeed, although, I do not take back my opinion.

This case however, is provable. It is indeed plagiarized. As far as I know, no credit was given, and no permission was granted, or even asked for.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:24 AM, He_162 said:

Someone may have taken this design, and decided to make it stock, then claim it is theirs. They say in the description that most F-22 replica's look alike, but his exactly matches the one in the OP in quite a few spots, and not just similarly, exactly, the parts are the exact same, dimensions, width, and angles, everything.

Oh wow hahaha, thanks He_162 for the heads up. I guess I'll take it as a compliment, not much else you can do. I have been working on this for years so someone taking credit for my work is kinda lame. When I saw your post they had already taken the page down on kerbalX. No one happened to get the dudes name or any pics did they?

Also I have a completely stock version available for download, so they may have just jacked that and not even changed anything.

On 2/12/2017 at 0:14 PM, YoeriCookie said:

Do you remember.... 

Haha thanks YeoriCookie, I truly appreciate some funk up in my threads.

Also the custom engine is coming along, still need a texturer though. Don't mind the cylinder part, its for debugging.

MPHzQ2b.png

MQi9PDS.png

52 minutes ago, clown_baby said:
On 12-2-2017 at 7:14 PM, YoeriCookie said:

Haha thanks YeoriCookie, I truly appreciate some funk up in my threads.

Had a similar case. I made a F22 but a youtuber called me out on copying his. It looked very alike and I'd seen his video on it, but I made 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Slowly working on converting my kos script into a native ksp MOD.  The kOS pilot script completed the course maybe 1 in 10 times, but I'm looking for it to complete the course every time. I have drastically improved the flight mechanics, which give a much more predictable turn.  More details can be found here.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/160990-racing-drone-plugin-w-potential-ml-integration/

I slow time down around the first gate, that's not frame rate dropping.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.