[old thread] Trajectories : atmospheric predictions

Youen

19 hours ago, Eklykti said:

I think it should, because it's probably using real aerodynamics data from KSP or FAR, not pre-defined values. For me it gives close enough landing predictions for 6.4x rescaled Kerbin.

Indeed, should work fine, but let me know if it doesn't.

Help?  I can't get access to Trajectories settings.  I have Blizzy's toolbar.  In the flight scene, if I "Configure Visible Buttons..." I get a "Toolbar Button Visibility" menu.  Listed there is a checkbox labeled "Right click toggles Trajectories window." Checked or unchecked, I don't have any icons in the Blizzy toolbar to click on.  Likewise nothing in the stock toolbar, nothing in the Space Center scene, nor in the Tracking Station.

There's a line in the OP about adjusting settings if you're not getting accurate predictions, which is why I'm here.  I'm getting consistently 80km short (wrong side of the mountains) when targeting KSC with a simple 2.5m rocket, which is no better than I can do by eye, so I'm kinda wondering what's the point.  801 posts here indicates there must be some value.  Didn't see anything related to settings menu problems in previous posts.  

Thanks for any pointers.

49 minutes ago, lilbat said:

Hi, i have a problem with the mod, while i'm playing it's like i haven't installed it, there isn't the preticted trajectories and i don't have the icon on the top right tab.

Works fine in 1.2.1 and I think on 1.2.2 too. A reinstall should fix your issue.

Delete your GameData/Trajectories folder before copying the one you downloaded.

13 hours ago, Li0n said:

Works fine in 1.2.1 and I think on 1.2.2 too. A reinstall should fix your issue.

Delete your GameData/Trajectories folder before copying the one you downloaded.

I already reinstalled it, but actually i was wrong this mod works a bit: the trajectories are only predicted when there's an atmosphere (well i only tested with kerbin and minmus) and i still don't have the icon appearing on the top right corner

1 hour ago, lilbat said:

I already reinstalled it, but actually i was wrong this mod works a bit: the trajectories are only predicted when there's an atmosphere (well i only tested with kerbin and minmus) and i still don't have the icon appearing on the top right corner

The fact it only show trajectories in the atmosphere is how it is supposed to be, if you want it display all the time you need to tick the "complete" checkbox in Trajectories UI (which you don't have).

Do you have Blizzy's toolbar installed ? Maybe Trajectories disable the stock toolbar button when it detects it.

9 hours ago, Li0n said:

The fact it only show trajectories in the atmosphere is how it is supposed to be, if you want it display all the time you need to tick the "complete" checkbox in Trajectories UI (which you don't have).

Do you have Blizzy's toolbar installed ? Maybe Trajectories disable the stock toolbar button when it detects it.

Indeed Blizzy's toolbar wasn't installed (well it wasn't updated), so it works fine now. But i have one question : What does the fixed body button because when i activate it, it shows a really weird trajectory.

26 minutes ago, lilbat said:

Indeed Blizzy's toolbar wasn't installed (well it wasn't updated), so it works fine now. But i have one question : What does the fixed body button because when i activate it, it shows a really weird trajectory.

How did you fix it? I'm also having no UI, don't have Blizzy's toolbar installed. I thought this might be the case, so I went and edited the xml settings file and turned the Blizzy toolbar flag to 0, and all the other GUI flags to 1, but still no luck. Should I install the toolbar mod, change the settings with it and then uninstall it? :huh: 

(I haven't tried it on a fresh install. Maybe it's a mod conflict, I'll check that later)

1 minute ago, monstah said:

How did you fix it? I'm also having no UI, don't have Blizzy's toolbar installed. I thought this might be the case, so I went and edited the xml settings file and turned the Blizzy toolbar flag to 0, and all the other GUI flags to 1, but still no luck. Should I install the toolbar mod, change the settings with it and then uninstall it? :huh: 

I'm not an expert but i've only installed blizzy's toolbar and it works perfectly

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think if you go in the settings and disable the use of Blizzy's toolbar, then uninstall toolbar, Trajectories will work just fine on the stock app bar.

And if you do, and if it works, would you be so kind to copy-paste the contents of the resulting settings XML here? It's in a PluginData folder inside the Trajectories one :D 

@monstah Trajectories is supposed to detect if blizzy toolbar is not installed, and it won't try to use it if it's not there (but maybe there is a bug, though I always played the game without blizzy's toolbar and had no issue). Also, several players thought the UI was not working, but in fact they just needed to go in map view (the only place where the UI is available), so I'm telling you just in case (and I'll also add that in the FAQ).

1 hour ago, Youen said:

@monstah Trajectories is supposed to detect if blizzy toolbar is not installed, and it won't try to use it if it's not there (but maybe there is a bug, though I always played the game without blizzy's toolbar and had no issue). Also, several players thought the UI was not working, but in fact they just needed to go in map view (the only place where the UI is available), so I'm telling you just in case (and I'll also add that in the FAQ).

Oh, I have used this mod for quite some time before, I know you have to be in map view (but thanks anyway).

I remember there was one update where I had similar problems, I just didn't bother installing toolbar this time to fix it (the atmospheric prediction is working, so I didn't bother).

I'm home now, I'll try and see if that's it :)

Edit - works fine on a clean install, must be a mod conflict. That will take some time sorting out :(

Edit 2 - @Youen I was using an outdated version of Contract Configurator; I think it was "the toolbar issue". See if this mod still works after updating CC and removing Toolbar, @lilbat

Edited by monstah

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alphaman said:

Does it work for KSP 1.2.1?

The last version, 1.6.5, was built for KSP 1.2.0. I, along others on this thread use it successfully on KSP 1.2.2. So, I guess, it should be fine with 1.2.1 too.

Edited by Li0n

Hi @Youen

I have just released new feature in my NavBallAdjustor mod to display ghost markers. And it produces a conflict with your Trajectories mod.

Ghost markers are displayed correctly (behind the navball) but there are some unwanted phantom markers appear in the space on Map View.

Please see the video for the details:

Spoiler

Do you have any idea how to fix this? My mod does not create new markers, it just calls gameObject.SetActive(true) for disappeared markers and changes its opacity.

@Dizor that's an unexpected issue ^^

But sorry, right now I have no clue what could cause this, and also not enough free time to reinstall the game and debug the issue. I'll let you know if I find more time later.

Edited by Youen

23 hours ago, A_name said:

Thank you for the awesome mod. Any chance we can have this on CKAN

It is already on CKAN.

If you can't find it under the available mods, you have to go to CKAN Settings -> Compatible KSP Versions -> Select 1.2 & save.

Youen,

Would it be possible for Trajectories to display the deviation of the projected landing point from the target?

Basically, I mean, just a numeric text display of what's being displayed graphically

Edited by dlrk