[1.8.x+] Waypoint Manager [v2.8.1] [2019-10-22]

nightingale

7 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

well not to side track this topic but..

Same conversation is being held over there:

I think we should just stick to the requests (i.e. readouts), and leave the discussion about why knots are better or worse than kilometers to elsewhere (although, the discussion of how exactly to define 1Nm on Kerbin is pertinent here).

my point is to use real world numbers  of knots and nautical miles and feet etc.you need your craft to display these numbers, and it does not.  so even If you have your WP displayed in nautical miles. your air speed is not in kts. and your VSI is not in f/s etc.   so you will need to have a mod change all this to match the nautical miles of the WP manager mod.  and all these mods would have to agree is it based on kerbin's geometry, or just a simple conversion of m/s to kts based on earth geometry etc.

not saying one is better than the other.  just saying if players change their frame of reference to Kerbin rather than Earth and realize the underlying math it all works out better.  as trying to get all modders out there to agree on converting the metric values already used in KSP to another unit of measure will mean they all must either go with kerbin geometry or earth geometry.  as if they ALL do not do it the same way all the math is ruined.  this would be a cat herding exercise.  so better to educate the players on how to do things with the tools at hand, rather than try to get all modders to agree to use Kerbin geometry for their kts and mach numbers.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Bunch of people involved while I was away, so I won't tag.  I don't think I'll be doing kts or any other non-stock supported units of measure for the following reasons:

1. Time - I simply don't have enough of it.
  2. Glide Slope - Calculating the glide slope seems to be the argument for adding in nautical miles - but the glide slope is directly available in Waypoint Manager (it's an optional thing in the HUD, you just need to turn it on via the settings).

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @nightingale . Just loaded up a new sandbox game in a clean install of 1.2.2 x64 (no other mods but Waypoint Manager 2.6.0). Playing in career in 1.1.3 x64 with v.2.5.x, I had been able to place .png files in the WaypointManager/icons/Custom folder and have them show up in the Icon Selector. Seems that's not working for me anymore; I get buttons corresponding to the icon files, but with just a single pixel for the image, and nothing shows in the waypoint marker. I'm wondering if you (or anyone) might be able to help me figure out why. Am I missing something really simple or is this a larger issue? Image below shows the problem. The 8 icons I'm trying to use are here (and they work just fine in my old save). They're from your Anomaly Surveyor contract pack and my Interplanetary Mountaineer pack.

Thanks for any input you can offer!

EDIT: I've been digging into this a little to see if I can figure something out, but without much luck. What I've come across is two additional questions: When I export my custom waypoints to a .cfg file, there are two fields I don't really understand. Seed and navigationid. What is the significance of each of these? If I'm uploading custom waypoints from a previous version, what do I need to keep in mind with regard to these fields?

EDIT2: While I'm here, I might as well mention that  Waypoint Manager also seems to be duplicating my custom waypoints on saving them. Only one appears in the list, but two waypoints display on the map, stacked one on top of the other (second image).

MxIYzam.png

bLvMaM6.png

Edited by Syntax
picture, versions, questions

• 2 weeks later...

First would like to say thank you for this great game mod.  It's probably me but I can't get the load waypoints feature to work. When I do an import, I get an informational message that says that "33 waypoints imported" but I don't see the new waypoints in the list.  The export function creates my custom waypoints into the .cfg file correctly.  What am I doing wrong?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2017 at 0:16 AM, Syntax said:

Hi @nightingale . Just loaded up a new sandbox game in a clean install of 1.2.2 x64 (no other mods but Waypoint Manager 2.6.0). Playing in career in 1.1.3 x64 with v.2.5.x, I had been able to place .png files in the WaypointManager/icons/Custom folder and have them show up in the Icon Selector. Seems that's not working for me anymore; I get buttons corresponding to the icon files, but with just a single pixel for the image, and nothing shows in the waypoint marker. I'm wondering if you (or anyone) might be able to help me figure out why. Am I missing something really simple or is this a larger issue? Image below shows the problem. The 8 icons I'm trying to use are here (and they work just fine in my old save). They're from your Anomaly Surveyor contract pack and my Interplanetary Mountaineer pack.

It broke with the 1.2 changes to allow stock to use custom icons.  I've fixed it for the next release.  It also used to be that the ones from contract packs would be added automatically, I've added support for that to happen, but it needs a change in Contract Configurator too (so you'll see it happen when both WPM and CC have their next releases).

EDIT: I've been digging into this a little to see if I can figure something out, but without much luck. What I've come across is two additional questions: When I export my custom waypoints to a .cfg file, there are two fields I don't really understand. Seed and navigationid. What is the significance of each of these? If I'm uploading custom waypoints from a previous version, what do I need to keep in mind with regard to these fields?

Seed is the random seed used in determining the color of the waypoint.  Navigationid is a stock thing and has to do with the persistent setting of the navigation waypoint.

EDIT2: While I'm here, I might as well mention that  Waypoint Manager also seems to be duplicating my custom waypoints on saving them. Only one appears in the list, but two waypoints display on the map, stacked one on top of the other (second image).

That's the fun of moving working code into the stock system. :(  Looks like there's no duplicate checking.  I've added it for the next release.

@msromike - No idea.  I'm going to be releasing a new version shortly.  If that doesn't fix it, then please provide a KSP.log file and I'll take a look (may be a bit, I'm catching up on a very big backlog right now).

---

Back in the saddle, time for a new release!  Download here!

Waypoint Manager 2.6.1

• Remove hack for custom waypoint icons (no longer needed in KSP 1.2).
  • Move custom waypoints file into PluginData directory.
  • Added back duplicate checking for custom waypoints (thanks Syntax).
  • Fixed custom waypoint icons not showing up (thanks Syntax).
Edited by nightingale

4 minutes ago, vicdoctor said:

Thank you Nightingale for this essential mod!

I've updated to 2.6.1, by deleting the old folder WaypointManager from GameData and replacing it with the new one, but in game it still shows 2.6.0.

Where am i wrong?

Thank you again.

@nightingale, it looks like you may have forgotten to update your .version file...

@vicdoctor - The .version file looks fine, but I did forget to compile the updated version number into the .dll.  Where does it show 2.6.0?

EDIT: I recompiled and updated the zip (under the old release).  Let me know if that fixes it.

Edited by nightingale

18 hours ago, nightingale said:

Back in the saddle, time for a new release!  Download here!

Waypoint Manager 2.6.1

• Remove hack for custom waypoint icons (no longer needed in KSP 1.2).
  • Move custom waypoints file into PluginData directory.
  • Added back duplicate checking for custom waypoints (thanks Syntax).
  • Fixed custom waypoint icons not showing up (thanks Syntax).

Holy cow! And what a pleasure to have you back in that saddle! :) Welcome back. Saw on the blog you've stepped back from squad to make room for life. It must have been a tough decision. Nevertheless, glad we-all in the community don't have to say goodbye altogether to your excellent work and support.

Regarding the duplicate checking, something still seems off with v. 2.6.1 (see the images below). No duplicates in the list, but each custom waypoint seems to have a copy of itself behind it. Not sure if contract-generated waypoints are producing the same effect (edit: they are not). The effect is made more obvious in the second image, as the "shadow waypoint" is obscured by the game's UI, while the main one is not. Not a big deal... just triggered my OCD :P. Thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Nc9ebT0.png

w2W8v3g.png

Edited by Syntax

@Syntax - Ah yes, I forgot that in stock KSP it now draws the markers for non-career games.  Just snipped some code, should be good now.

New release here!

Waypoint Manager 2.6.2

• Removed code for drawing waypoint markers when not in career mode - as of KSP 1.2 stock draws those markers (thanks Syntax).

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, justjr said:

I have a problem where every waypoint shows up duplicated or even more times on the window. It's know or something? Any incompatibility?

Look in the waypoint manager directory for a dll. I don't know the name offhand but I bet waypointmanager.dll is likely.

Then search your entire gamedata folder for that dll. I'd bet you a snack to a fund that youv'e got another one in there somewhere.

On 05/03/2017 at 11:18 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Look in the waypoint manager directory for a dll. I don't know the name offhand but I bet waypointmanager.dll is likely.

Then search your entire gamedata folder for that dll. I'd bet you a snack to a fund that youv'e got another one in there somewhere.

I don't find any. And also, I found out when I open the game, load the save there's all right, one line for each way point. I don't know when but at some point it starts to duplicate. Still only 1 dll.

Edited by justjr

On 3/5/2017 at 7:51 AM, justjr said:

I have a problem where every waypoint shows up duplicated or even more times on the window. It's know or something? Any incompatibility?

Are you sure you're on the newest version of Waypoint Manager? I see talk above about a problem that sounds just like yours, and a new release that addressed it, at least in non-career games.

@5thHorseman

Yes, last version, 2.6.2, downloaded from CKAN.

Modlist:

Spoiler

ABookCase Orbital Reference System (ABCORS 0.4.1.0)
All Y'All (AllYAll 0.10.2)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel v2.9.1.0)
Asteroid Day (AsteroidDay 1.2)
Astro/Cosmonauts for Texture Replacer (Astro-Cosmonauts 0.2)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.6.2)
AutoAsparagus (AutoAsparagus v2.2.5)
AutomatedScienceSampler (AutomatedScienceSampler 1.3.2)
Better Science Labs Continued (BetterScienceLabsContinued 0.1.9)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.5.3)
BetterCrewAssignment (BetterCrewAssignment 1.3)
CactEye Optics Community (CactEyeCommunity 1.2.2.11)
Camera Focus Changer (CameraFocusChanger v1.0.1.0)
Camera Tools (CameraTools v1.7.0)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.5)
Champagne Bottle Redux (ChampagneBottleRedux 0.3.5.1)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.92)
Coherent Contracts (CoherentContracts 1.02)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 1.2.2.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.6.6.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.0.3)
Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.2.4.2)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.22.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.6)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.0)
Contract Pack: Grand Tours (ContractConfigurator-GrandTours 1:0.1.11)
Contract Pack: Interplanetary Mountaineer (ContractConfigurator-InterplanetaryMountaineer 1.1.2)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.6)
Contract Pack: Rover Missions (ContractConfigurator-RoverMissionsRedux 0.1.7)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts (ContractConfigurator-UnmannedContracts 0.3.27)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 5.0)
Craft Import & Upload (CraftImport 0.8.6)
CraftHistory (CraftHistory 2.1.0)
Crew Light (CrewLight v1.4)
Crowd Sourced Flags (CrowdSourcedFlags 1.55.5)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.10.0)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.8.1)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.8.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.8)
DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric (DMagicScienceAnimate v0.16)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX v2.1.12)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 1.2.0.0)
EasyBoard (EasyBoard 1.4)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.3.11.1)
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5)
EVA Enhancements Continued (EVAEnhancementsContinued 0.1.6)
EVA Handrails Continued (EVAHandrailsPackContinued 0.2.1.4)
EVA Struts (EVAStruts 3.0)
EVA Transfer (EVATransfer 6.0)
EvaFuel (EvaFuel 1.4.2)
ExperimentTracker (ExperimentTracker v1.3.1)
ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued (ExtensiveEngRptContinued 0.0.3)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.2.7-3080)
Haystack Continued (HaystackContinued 0.5.2.1)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 0.7.4)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.4.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.2.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.2.8)
Kerbal Improved Save System (KerbalImprovedSaveSystem v2.1.0)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.4.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.3.1)
Kerbal Krash System (KerbalKrashSystem 1:0.3.8)
Kerbal Space Transport System (KSTS 1.8)
KerbNet Controller (KerbnetController 2.1)
KerboKatz - SmallUtilities (KerboKatzSmallUtilities 1.5.2)
KerboKatzUtilities (KerboKatzUtilities 1.4.7)
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 2:release-1.2.2-4)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.6.2)
KSP Rescue Pod Fix (KSPRescuePodFix 1.0.0.6)
Landing Height Display (LandingHeight 2.1)
Less Grindy Science (LessGrindyScience 1:1.0.0.1)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.1.3)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.6.0.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.2.0.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.3.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.7.5)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.0.1.1)
NavHud (NavHud 1.3.3)
Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4] (OinkersSkybox 2.0_brighter)
Part Commander Continued (PartCommanderCont 0.1.1.1)
Part Wizard Continued (PartWizardContinued 1.3.2)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.8.2)
PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.5.2)
PlanetShine - Default configuration (PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.5.2)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 13.0)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.2.5)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 6.0)
QuickExit (QuickExit v2.12)
QuickFineControl (QuickFineControl v1.05)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch v3.12)
QuickStart (QuickStart v2.13)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid v0.9.1)
Reentry Particle Effect (ReentryParticleEffect 1.2a)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.4.6.0)
Science Relay (ScienceRelay 3.1)
Science Revisited Revisited (ScienceRevisitedRevisited 1.5.0)
ShipSectionsContinued (ShipSectionsContinued 0.0.2)
Solar Science (SolarScience 1.05)
SpacetuxSA (SpacetuxSA 0.3.12.1)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.6.8)
Station Science Continued (StationScienceContinued v2.1.3)
Stock Visual Terrain (for Windows) (SVT-Windows 2.0.2)
Strategia (Strategia 1.5.0)
Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.1.3)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer v2.5.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v1.6.6)
Warp Everywhere (WarpEverywhere 0.1)
Water Sounds (WaterSounds 2.3)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.6.2)

Need any log? Which one?

Edited by justjr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems to work fine with no changes for me on English version.

I went to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WaypointManager\ , edited WaypointManager.version , and changed the KSP_VERSION_MAX 's "MINOR" from a 2, to a 3,

I was able to place waypoints and view those waypoints in flight view.

Stock contracts to survey the surface placed those waypoints in map view.

On 2017-5-10 at 0:46 PM, Tazius said:

@nightingale I'm sure this has been covered in a previous post, how do I add waypoints to my contract pack missions that I am making?

Tazius

You should be able to just add them, then reference them via path in your contract (eg. icon = MyMod/icons/SomeWaypointIcon)

19 hours ago, Hello :-) said:

Seems to work fine with no changes for me on English version.

I went to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WaypointManager\ , edited WaypointManager.version , and changed the KSP_VERSION_MAX 's "MINOR" from a 2, to a 3,

I was able to place waypoints and view those waypoints in flight view.

Stock contracts to survey the surface placed those waypoints in map view.

Good stuff.  I'll run some tests this weekend and update the version files.