[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

4 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Have you tried adjusting the surface material? It's one one of the options for the wing parts that you have to open up with the little plus signs out on the right-hand side and below the sizing bars, something easily missed. Took me a time or two using Procedural Wings to find them my own self.

Sorry for the "is it plugged in" type of question, but it's always good to cover all your bases, right?

Ya it just changes to another surface texture but still doesn't look like the ones in the picture

5 minutes ago, monstah said:

Inside the download .zip, there's a GameData folder. You should put what's inside it (in the case of this mod, a B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings folder) inside the GameData folder on your KSP installation folder (i.e., merge both).

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, thought I already tried that but it works now! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

How does these wing perform with stock aerodynamics? Is it only balanced for FAR?

Works just fine. Except symetry error with control surfaces set as flaps/spoilers. There is workaround for that to put them on craft without mirroring.

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Works just fine. Except symetry error with control surfaces set as flaps/spoilers. There is workaround for that to put them on craft without mirroring.

Oh... basically coming here to find news about this problem about "flaps", I found your comment.

So, basically, we have to add them one by one?

7 hours ago, Araym said:

So, basically, we have to add them one by one?

Yes, in that way it works. You can invert depoyment of those as you need it.

@Crzyrndm would propbably fix that when he have some more free time for moding. Until then, you can workorand of issue as described.

On 27/12/2016 at 8:27 AM, gilflo said:

It works perfectly, but don't download from this links

Go here:https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork

Download this and go here to download latest version and put both folder in your game data folder

The part swith is neccessary for the Prodecural ones?
Never mind, I had it installed nevertheless.. I guess from some parts mod.

Edited by Agustin

Either Contract Configurator or Giving Aircraft a Purpose pack doesn't understand these are wings. The "have wings" part of the missions don't highlight in green when I have these installed on my craft. Is there a CFG I can add to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Darkfedor said:

Please could you help me ? I 've install as you say but when i push "J" nothing happend.

Place cockpit and some fuselage to create craft. Next, put some B9 procedural wings on craft.

Now you need to hover mouse over attached procedural wing, to have it highlighted. While it is highlighted press "j". It will not work until you hover mouse over wing part you want to adjust.

• 3 weeks later...

So...  I'm getting all sorts of weird issues with the wings WITHOUT any version of FAR installed.  Like the game treating the Center of Lift like it's at the attachment-point for the wings, and ignoring any wing-sweep that should be offsetting the CoL forwards or back.  Is this a known issue?  Is FAR required for the wings to function properly?  I read the OP as meaning only that a certain LATER VERSION of FAR is required *IF* you use FAR...

I've played with FAR in the past, but I'm trying to simulate a spaceplane based on a supersonic biplane airfoil- which in real life experiences LESS drag than a monoplane with comparable wing-area.  However since FAR is programmed to ALWAYS penalize biplanes and doesn't have any way to simulate shockwave destructive-interference, the only way for me to get improved performance vs. a monoplane is to play stock... (where it at least gets improved Lift instead of reduced Drag)  Plus, FAR overtaxes my current potato-laptop with its more advanced aero calculations.  So I'd really like to avoid using it, and still have functional B9 swept wings if possible...

Regards,

Northstar

P.S.  I built the same basic wing shape out of stock parts before I replaced it with B9 Proc Wing parts- and it had none of the later design's enormous stability problems, and the CoM appears *well* ahead of the CoL in the Spaceplane Hanger and in pretty much the same place as in the stock version.  So I know the issue usn't the wing shape or plane design, but how the game physics engine handles large, highly-swept B9 Proc Wings...

Edited by Northstar1989

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.