.90 6 death kraken, reinstall does not fix issue

KSP: 0.90 Windows 32bit

Problem: I think it is 6 death Kraken (as if camera focuses on a new Center of Mass a few hundred meters below the rocket and keeps ....ing down after every couple thousand meters the rocket travels)

Mods installed:

See attached pic

Reproduction steps:

Build a simple craft with a Mk1 pod, any combination of fuel tank or SRB. Once rocket hits 6000m, its as if the camera focus(which is always focused on the crafts center of mass) shifts down a few hundred meters. The camera will go back tot he craft after all stages have been competed. (side note: the staging icons for the decouplers are blank, see 2nd attached pic)

notice in 3rd pic...the focus is further below the craft... keeps going down every 6000 meters in altitude

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrjnekrkl12r81/output_log.txt?dl=0

x1sk6A6.jpg

FAsp6ku.jpg

gLyWnE6.jpg

Edited by seb62085
added 3rd pic

SAME ISSUE! seems like an epidemic. Here some more to add

1. THis new kraken makes your parachute staging icon not visible, but still functional (ummmmmm) if you right click on the parts while its flying

2. THe parachutes only pre-deploy , you will crash b/c this new bug makes your atmosphere disapear

3. Spaceplanes are the worst, they control themselves on the path kraken wants it too , after about 15 seconds when you take off

4. The camera will glitch out after take off

5. Narrowed it down to 4 mods.....

REMOTE TECH

MECHJEB

REALCHUTE

DEADLY REENTRY

If you are having trouble like I am please post a ticket in those threads with a log file and mods list

It is caused by Realchute, I had it too until I took that mod off.

If you check the thread you will see that stupid_chris has stopped working on it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57988-0-90-x-Wenkel-Corporation-RealChute-Parachute-Systems-v1-2-6-3-28-12-14-paused

how convienient, I cant remove real chute , my save has dependencies on it. I wish there was a work around

how convienient, I cant remove real chute , my save has dependencies on it. I wish there was a work around

You should just be able to remove the chutes from your saved craft, re-save, take the mod off and then put chutes back on.

or do you mean other mods require realchute?

You should just be able to remove the chutes from your saved craft, re-save, take the mod off and then put chutes back on.

or do you mean other mods require realchute?

yea looks like in the VAB is the easy part to remove, ive got docked ships with real chute on them that have to be de-orbited. I might hack the save file, delete the chutes, and replace them with the stock chute code (whatever that is) .Then remove mod and reload game with stock chutes. Fingers crossed

Editing the savefile can be difficult to do and easy to get wrong. If I were you, I'd delete the dll and keep the parts. They'll still load but will be completely non-functional. Then, using KAS, attach stock chutes and deorbit.

That said, the last update to RC was on the 27/28th December (only a week or so ago) so it's not exactly dead and that update "reverted the editor GUI changes which caused CoM bugs in flight" so yeah.. make sure you've updated and if you have and still get the problem then you can play around with KAS :)

Editing the savefile can be difficult to do and easy to get wrong. If I were you, I'd delete the dll and keep the parts. They'll still load but will be completely non-functional. Then, using KAS, attach stock chutes and deorbit.

That said, the last update to RC was on the 27/28th December (only a week or so ago) so it's not exactly dead and that update "reverted the editor GUI changes which caused CoM bugs in flight" so yeah.. make sure you've updated and if you have and still get the problem then you can play around with KAS :)

can just remove dll's ?! Holy cow learned something new today. That would make life a bit easier.

Okay update. I did get the issue fixed ..................for now ? LOL

1. install KSP fresh

2. install all mods again, latest updates! And did not drag the mod folders over from old install!

3. play game to try to repeat issue......none

4. put in old game save...works :)

5. slowly put in your customs MM configs WORKS :)

So sometimes a mod update does require a fresh install even if not called for it. I guess that the reality of Kerbalnomics

SAME ISSUE! seems like an epidemic. Here some more to add

1. THis new kraken makes your parachute staging icon not visible, but still functional (ummmmmm) if you right click on the parts while its flying

2. THe parachutes only pre-deploy , you will crash b/c this new bug makes your atmosphere disapear

3. Spaceplanes are the worst, they control themselves on the path kraken wants it too , after about 15 seconds when you take off

4. The camera will glitch out after take off

5. Narrowed it down to 4 mods.....

REMOTE TECH

MECHJEB

REALCHUTE

DEADLY REENTRY

If you are having trouble like I am please post a ticket in those threads with a log file and mods list

Interesting, yeah, number 2/3. It was almost like the chutes were working in reverse, speeding my craft up rather than down. I hit the ground at something like 12km/s. with my spaceplane. I changed the design to use stock chutes and they acted normally I think. So we're thinking a simple reinstall of realchute will possibly fix it as per the last poster? I'll give it a shot and let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.