[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

Kerbal Konstructs 0.9.7.3

Tiny behind-the-scenes versioning change to better work with Contract Configurator.

SpaceDock
GitHub

The source code for the latest build is available at GitHub.

I've been working on some minor updates to Kerbal Konstructs to help learn my way around the project. I expect a few more small updates with some minor bug fixes over the next few weeks, and of course an update when KSP 1.2 arrives.

On 05/07/2016 at 8:03 PM, orfest said:

Hi, I'm on linux x64 1.1.3, lots of mods installed.

KK keeps moving all my launches to Dull Spot, and the buttons "Set as default", "Use default" do nothing. "Use default" buttons gives this message:

"KK could not determine the default launchsite."

For now I have l to select the launch site KSC Launchpad after every "Revert to VAB".

Dull Spot is beautiful and I like it, but some of the contracts require me to land at KSC Runway or drive a car around KSC.

Is there something I can add to my save file to set the default launchsite for KK?

Same here, but Win 10 x64. The default launchsite function is completely broken. I tried setting Runway and Launchpad as favourite in KK.cfg in my save but it didn't help. The filters at the top of the launchsite selection window don't work either.

What is the name of your save? I have written mine in Japanese for lulz, it might be related.

Edited by m4ti140

11 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Same here, but Win 10 x64. The default launchsite function is completely broken. I tried setting Runway and Launchpad as favourite in KK.cfg in my save but it didn't help. The filters at the top of the launchsite selection window don't work either.

What is the name of your save? I have written mine in Japanese for lulz, it might be related.

@m4ti140 and @orfest - I'll try to recreate the problems you both are describing.

3 hours ago, CaoCao said:

so.. how do i install my buddies moon base he made?

like what folders do i put the files in?

@CaoCao - first, static structures on bodies other than Kerbin have been known to have issues, but it should at least work if everything is configured properly. There's no set directory for scenery, except that it has to be in a folder in GameData.

On 15/06/2016 at 3:00 PM, AlphaAsh said:

KK.cfg is a persistency file saved in the appropriate save game folder for a career game. It's auto-generated at the start of a new career game. Since this is a single report of the problem, then I would guess you've got your KSP install in a Windows secured directory, which is locking dlls and preventing necessary file writes to and from directories.

Or it's some weirdness with Steam save-cloud (does KSP support that? No idea.) Or you've accidentally deleted it.

Start a new career game and see if the issue is reproducible.

On the known bugs list. No fix. Choose a mod to keep. Sorry chap.

had this same issue,  but not with the base mod, im making my own mod and it just ranomly started saying [Warning]: File 'C:/Users/alexm_000/Desktop/work/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg' does not exist and not opening the KK consile, but the mod is still working as the models are still there, even mine

On 07/07/2016 at 7:29 PM, dlrk said:

Hopefully someone else will pick this up

its far from dead bro the mod maker is the last comment above you

On 31/07/2016 at 3:01 PM, ozraven said:

@Seth Kerman, yes, the link to the mod hosted on Alpha Strike Games on the first page is version 0.9.7.1 and is the last version available that works with KSP 1.1.2.

you sema to be knowledgeable, any idea why loading this building, causes this error:   [Warning]: File 'C:/Users/alexm_000/Desktop/work/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg' does not exist 

the process has been no different to any of the others... 

2 hours ago, amankd said:

its far from dead bro the mod maker is the last comment above you

you sema to be knowledgeable, any idea why loading this building, causes this error:   [Warning]: File 'C:/Users/alexm_000/Desktop/work/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg' does not exist 

I've picked up maintaining Kerbal Konstructs while @AlphaAsh has moved on to other interests. :)

Off hand I don't know why you'd see that error. I'll place your building and see if I can reproduce the problem, tonight when I get back to working on KK. I noticed your new project, Kerbal Cities, and I'm planning on trying it out in any case. I also noticed the map that shows your goal - and I think we might be working together more as that becomes a reality. :) Looking good so far!

4 minutes ago, ozraven said:

I've picked up maintaining Kerbal Konstructs while @AlphaAsh has moved on to other interests. :)

Off hand I don't know why you'd see that error. I'll place your building and see if I can reproduce the problem, tonight when I get back to working on KK. I noticed your new project, Kerbal Cities, and I'm planning on trying it out in any case. I also noticed the map that shows your goal - and I think we might be working together more as that becomes a reality. :) Looking good so far!

great job keeping it going and id love to colaborate, as it turns out it was because the way windows displys files i didnt notice that i had named my file  e.g. cities.cfg.cfg, weird that it should crash kk mthough, ust a though of somthig to impliment that would help MASSIVLY with aliot of what peole have asked of me, either a LOD system so i can see a city from a greater distance, or an image spawn system that e.g. allows you to spawn a simple 1 polygon plane with an orthographic view of the building that the modder could make, its all about allowing people to see the cities from space or greater distance/altiutude because with the poly count i cant have two cities rendering togther else its bey bey frame rate

50 minutes ago, amankd said:

great job keeping it going and id love to colaborate, as it turns out it was because the way windows displys files i didnt notice that i had named my file  e.g. cities.cfg.cfg, weird that it should crash kk mthough, ust a though of somthig to impliment that would help MASSIVLY with aliot of what peole have asked of me, either a LOD system so i can see a city from a greater distance, or an image spawn system that e.g. allows you to spawn a simple 1 polygon plane with an orthographic view of the building that the modder could make, its all about allowing people to see the cities from space or greater distance/altiutude because with the poly count i cant have two cities rendering togther else its bey bey frame rate

Good find - I noticed the .cfg.cfg too but didn't think it'd cause a problem either. Hmm, we might need some advice from other modders on the best approach to achieve the visibility you're talking about over large areas.

the nomal method in video games ois to have up to 4 or more LOD levels, each resembeling the original but lower and lower polygon with lower and lower res textures, but even for the city it is gonna be high, possibly talking to the  city lights modder to see how he got overlaying textures ono kerbin, if we can give them s;pecific locations it might work, 

but there are 3 things that can be done if you can switch out a mesh for another upon a command (either collison or distance) you could have destructability, LOD systems and  a 2d mesh (like ultimate lod) spawing with a texture, but the part kk dosnt have is the ability to switch a mesh for anohter quickly

On 05/08/2016 at 0:45 AM, ozraven said:

Good find - I noticed the .cfg.cfg too but didn't think it'd cause a problem either. Hmm, we might need some advice from other modders on the best approach to achieve the visibility you're talking about over large areas.

seems the glitch isnt as easy to find as i thought, im getting various errors and no matter what i do they wont go away, think you could take a look? it is under 0.15 version in the changelog (clearly marked beta) http://spacedock.info/mod/839/Kerbal Cities Pack

thanks for any help u can be

2 hours ago, amankd said:

seems the glitch isnt as easy to find as i thought, im getting various errors and no matter what i do they wont go away, think you could take a look? it is under 0.15 version in the changelog (clearly marked beta) http://spacedock.info/mod/839/Kerbal Cities Pack

thanks for any help u can be

Sure...but using the 0.13 version (the one you marked as beta) it seems to work just fine for me. Are you using any other mods? Any other KK scenery packs? If you would, please turn on Debug Mode in Kerbal Konstructs settings (or via DebugMode = True in the KerbalKonstructs.cfg file) and send the KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt log to me? (Debug Mode just does a lot more logging than normal - you should keep it turned off except when trying to fix a problem.)

Q1n1PD1Q1n1PD1.png

On 04.08.2016 at 10:56 PM, amankd said:

This "building" working normally in my game... Almost normally:

Spoiler

yN5vkv5.png

:)

Edited by Aerospacer
dumb wysiwyg img insert...

1 hour ago, Aerospacer said:

This "building" working normally in my game... Almost normally:

Reveal hidden contents

yN5vkv5.png

:)

9 hours ago, ozraven said:

Sure...but using the 0.13 version (the one you marked as beta) it seems to work just fine for me. Are you using any other mods? Any other KK scenery packs? If you would, please turn on Debug Mode in Kerbal Konstructs settings (or via DebugMode = True in the KerbalKonstructs.cfg file) and send the KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt log to me? (Debug Mode just does a lot more logging than normal - you should keep it turned off except when trying to fix a problem.)

Q1n1PD1Q1n1PD1.png

the bugs i get arnt down to the spawing of the buildings but when i try and use the editor, either the editor wont lanuch and i get the "  [Warning]: File 'C:/Users/alexm_000/Desktop/work/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg " error or the editor wll launch but i cant save and i get a nullreference saying somthing about not being able to find config in file "manleyville" when there is no file manleyville

1 hour ago, amankd said:

the bugs i get arnt down to the spawing of the buildings but when i try and use the editor, either the editor wont lanuch and i get the "  [Warning]: File 'C:/Users/alexm_000/Desktop/work/KSP_win/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/KK.cfg " error or the editor wll launch but i cant save and i get a nullreference saying somthing about not being able to find config in file "manleyville" when there is no file manleyville

Ah, the editor, of course. I didn't follow that key point, derp! I'll check it out later tonight when I get a chance. :)  

• 2 weeks later...

@AlphaAsh I was just installing a brand new static for testing, when this NRE happened. I guess this means the new Shipyard and Oil Platform won't be up anytime soon. ;.;

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticGroup.updateCacheSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticGroup.addStatic (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticDatabase.addStatic (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalKonstructs.UI.ModelInfo.CreatePreviewInstance (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticModel model) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalKonstructs.UI.ModelInfo.drawModelInfoGUI (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticModel mSelectedModel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Full Log found here. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103211816/output_log.txt

Edited by Eskandare

1 hour ago, Justanunwantedplayer said:

Hey like the mod very much,

but i have a question

Is it normal that everytime when i unpack the .zip into the gamedatafolder, there would be greated a new gamedatafolder into the gamedatafolder?

A classic mistake that probably everyone new to KSP modding has made. Nope, you should not install to GameData/GameData.

If the mod zip does that, just extract to the base KSP folder or use a zip viewer to go into the archive and pull the mod folder out from the archive's GameData folder.

HTH

3 hours ago, Eskandare said:

@ozraven the above post, sorry...

I'll take a look and I'm happy to work with you to figure out what's going on. Thanks for the full log, always helpful. :) Unfortunately my work day just started so I can't really do anything for the next 12 hours. I have some other minor fixes I've been testing, so hopefully this one is easy and can get rolled in to an update.