[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

2 hours ago, ozraven said:

I'll take a look and I'm happy to work with you to figure out what's going on. Thanks for the full log, always helpful. :) Unfortunately my work day just started so I can't really do anything for the next 12 hours. I have some other minor fixes I've been testing, so hopefully this one is easy and can get rolled in to an update.

I fixed it, and it was totally my fault. A misspelling in the config file screwed things up. oops. :P

Hey there! Came by to report an NRE that is potentially breaking the revert menu. I checked around and this error had been reported before, quite a few months back, but seemed to have gotten voerlooked as it never got any replied of any kind.

[EXC 17:43:59.857] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselLaunched (.ShipConstruct vVessel)
	EventData`1[ShipConstruct].Fire (.ShipConstruct data)
	FlightDriver+<PostInit>c__Iterator2D.MoveNext ()

Like the original post, I've found this to be very repeatable. Steps include:

Have a previously saved craft upon loading the game, and launch it directly from the launchpad/SPH without clicking on any other buildings, editing anyhting, etc.

If you go into the VAB/SPH and build/edit a new/old craft, and then launch, you don't have the problem.

The error it generates upon opening the pause menu is as follows:

[EXC 17:46:16.246] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions ()
	PauseMenu.<draw>m__81D ()
	DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()
	DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__809 ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Here's a link to the full log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gc4ug74e8yvuhp/KSP.log?dl=0 KSP.log

14 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Hey there! Came by to report an NRE that is potentially breaking the revert menu. I checked around and this error had been reported before, quite a few months back, but seemed to have gotten voerlooked as it never got any replied of any kind.

<snip>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gc4ug74e8yvuhp/KSP.log?dl=0 KSP.log

Thanks for the great report! I'll look at this later today. :)

Huh... The Round Range airport/spaceport is largely underground. The launchpad and helipad and a big part of the VAB are underground. What's wrong? :huh:

//EDIT: Thanks, @Eskandare. Setting terrain to high has no visible performance hit, and there are no more underground space centers!

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Just now, TheDestroyer111 said:

Huh... The Round Range airport/spaceport is largely underground. The launchpad and helipad and a big part of the VAB are underground. What's wrong? :huh:

You must have your terrain settings at maximum to use Kerbal Konstructs, eveything will be underground if otherwise.

6 hours ago, Eskandare said:

You must have your terrain settings at maximum to use Kerbal Konstructs, eveything will be underground if otherwise.

Does setting terrain to maximum have a severe performance hit? Also, what exactly does it change?

EDIT

Kinda kool mod, but the mod itself takes a HUGE performance hit when together with just 2 city plugins, KerbinSide and KSC++: it decreases my average frame per second from 25 to 15, which makes it a little unplayable.

Edited by TheDestroyer111

46 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Does setting terrain to maximum have a severe performance hit? Also, what exactly does it change?

I haven't seen any, but mind you with all game settings it depends on system construction.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:12 AM, DracoSilverpath said:

Any luck with this? :)

Yes! I've been distracted by other things the past week or so, but I'm getting in to this next. I haven't forgotten! :)

On 9/7/2016 at 10:49 AM, Cheesecake said:

Hey

I installed the newest Version of KK. But every time I click on the KK-Button it happens: nothing. No window to choose Launchsites etc.

Did you install any of the KerbinSide packs or other mods that use KK? Your log files would be useful, as well as a list of mods installed.

On 9/8/2016 at 5:12 AM, Eskandare said:

@ozraven, I'm curious if the ILS system would work on a non static part model. I've got an aircraft carrier mod I'm working on.

I'll look at the code for ILS with this idea in mind. My first thought is that it should be adaptable if it doesn't already work.

I made a 'mars yard' type rover test area way back for the first statics plugin, are there instructions on converting it to konstructs? I was hoping somebody else would make one, but nobody else really did and I kind of want to port it to the newest version of KSP. 

2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I made a 'mars yard' type rover test area way back for the first statics plugin, are there instructions on converting it to konstructs? I was hoping somebody else would make one, but nobody else really did and I kind of want to port it to the newest version of KSP. 

I've been looking for that for years!

I know all your colliders have to be convex. Otherwise, no idea.

Edited by theonegalen

7 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce), do you know what needs to be done to update the old Mars Yard to current KK?

Id need to have a look , but if it's the one that's got the crater in the middle and the model is lightly dome shaped, last time i saw it it wouldn't load the textures or colliders properly, as there seem to be a load of loose verts floating around.  Is that the link up there? if so I'll see if i can get a look at it (bit busy right now as you can imagine) and throw it quickly in another project and kick it about a bit, but it seems generally  that if it once worked it can likely work again .

20 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Id need to have a look , but if it's the one that's got the crater in the middle and the model is lightly dome shaped, last time i saw it it wouldn't load the textures or colliders properly, as there seem to be a load of loose verts floating around.  Is that the link up there? if so I'll see if i can get a look at it (bit busy right now as you can imagine) and throw it quickly in another project and kick it about a bit, but it seems generally  that if it once worked it can likely work again .

That's odd that there would be loose verts, but it was converted through unity 4. I've still got the original files somewhere too so I can start from that if it has to be done again.

2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

That's odd that there would be loose verts, but it was converted through unity 4. I've still got the original files somewhere too so I can start from that if it has to be done again.

Hi, i was just referencing the logs, for this info, they don't appear to be loose verts as much as detached edges, so a line connected by two verts (kerbinside has way too much of this imo), but that could be erroneous info too. If you'd like it working it may pay, as you have the raw still to check that all is as it should be, then it should be just a matter of making sure the texture's applied in unity and loading it up. and all being well it'll work.

16 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

Got KK working in 1.2 :) all seems to be well!

which is odd as mine refuses to play, is this with a modified or the last released dll?

12 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, i was just referencing the logs, for this info, they don't appear to be loose verts as much as detached edges, so a line connected by two verts (kerbinside has way too much of this imo), but that could be erroneous info too. If you'd like it working it may pay, as you have the raw still to check that all is as it should be, then it should be just a matter of making sure the texture's applied in unity and loading it up. and all being well it'll work.

which is odd as mine refuses to play, is this with a modified or the last released dll?

@Tristonwilson12 can answer for sure, but I think its a modified .dll he compiled last night while we were all in chat... It didnt seem to take him too long to do it... VOV

Edited by Stone Blue

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Tristonwilson12 can answer for sure, but I think its a modified .dll he compiled last night while we were all in chat... It didnt seem to take him too long to do it... VOV

Hey, yes you're right a recompile does the trick, some oddness but I can live with it until the authorized version arrives.

8 hours ago, oniontrain said:

And i took a quick run at it as a break from more serious stuff and it works fine, there were according to 3ds some broken verts so i just welded it all up , threw it in unity , stuffed it in KSP (no finesse some people) and it lives, seems to be trouble free, i can drive all over it, not found any holes, the the coll mesh is working alright, so it wont take half hour for you  to sort :)  I did enlarge my version to 400mtrs across so that it's large enough for tanks  (Other stuff thats real old and still works for reference are, The Morris's ICBM launch silo, Baha Kerbin a little rover tracK, the RPG rover proving ground) anyone finds anymore I'd be happy to reawaken those too.

J4xxFBk.png

zMdHAYl.png

11 minutes ago, oniontrain said:

Wew those normal maps didn't turn out so well. Thanks a lot for trying it out for me, I wanted to eventually make a new one that was around that size to begin with. Is it just as simple as making the model and opening it in Unity then?

I just extracted the one in the link to blender, then to 3ds as me and blender don't have an amicable relationship, quick check everything's good, rotate and scale, import to unity, add the collision mesh to the collision model, remove the mesh render and mesh filter from the collision mesh model. export to ksp. quick cfg tweak too remove obsolete values and load, launch a vessel open KK, and move the damn thing off the runway :P and if you want it visible in all views add it to the KSCUpgrades group, you'll still see it in space center view just like a real KK thing :) total time 15 mins max.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I just extracted the one in the link to blender, then to 3ds as me and blender don't have an amicable relationship, quick check everything's good, rotate and scale, import to unity, add the collision mesh to the collision model, remove the mesh render and mesh filter from the collision mesh model. export to ksp. quick cfg tweak too remove obsolete values and load, launch a vessel open KK, and move the damn thing off the runway :P and if you want it visible in all views add it to the KSCUpgrades group, you'll still see it in space center view just like a real KK thing :) total time 15 mins max.

Awesome. I do the same thing, I hate blender with a passion. I'm starting a new one at the moment, would this be the place to talk about it or should I make a new thread?