Hello from Europe =)

Barrayar

Greetings fellow Spacemen!

At first, I just want to say thank you for this great game

and this amazing forum! :)

I learned a lot and also found some very nice spaceship parts here on the sidewalk. ;)

I'm from Germany, 20 years in age and hope to become a spaceship engineer in some years

(beginning my studies at university [mechatronics] this fall with deepening in 'Aerospace Mechatronics').

As I'm missing fellow germans, I'll try and recruit some for KSP :)

Maybe someone, who can help me to get to a stable orbit (in german language). :D

Wish you all a nice day

and a fantastic and successful future for KSP! :)

Barrayar

Barrayar? Isn't that rather a backward place? Full of pseudo-nazi horse goons?

I hope not! ...maybe at the most in the past...?! ::)

But I wouldn't say Miles and his parents belong in this 'pseudo-nazi horse goons'-category,

who are the reason for my copycat nickname (also to honor these excellent books :) )

Greetings fellow Barrayarrans.

Latest gossip inside from ImpSec points to following page http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/24-CryoburnCD/CryoburnCD/, from where you can found almost complete collection of the Vorkosigan saga e-books (only 'Memory' is missing) in different digital distribution formats.

I thought you might want to know, so you can recommended this to your friends who haven't yet had the privilege of knowing about Barrayar and it's people.

And now they can do so, for free (and legally!).

But I wouldn't say Miles and his parents belong in this 'pseudo-nazi horse goons'-category,

who are the reason for my copycat nickname (also to honor these excellent books :) )

If memory serves, that's almost word-for-word the description Ellie uses of Miles' grandparents' generation in Brothers in Arms. :D

(ALMOST, Not exactly - I don't know the exact page number, so I can't check. :) )

PS - I ended up buying Brothers In Arms from a second hand book store, and love it. I want to read more, but the books are hard to get in Australia (and I've never got around to sourcing books from overseas).

@Flash_Kerman:

Thanks a lot!

In Germany these books are hard to find - and when found pretty expensive ( >50€/book-set [2 books combined]) !

Nevertheless, I have almost all books :P (including Memory)...

Downside: only in german ^^ - Now I can take the chance and read the 'original' version :)

Will probably take much longer...but I don't care - I'm looking forward to it ;D

Again: Thank you 8)

Greetings fellow Barrayarrans.

Latest gossip inside from ImpSec points to following page http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/24-CryoburnCD/CryoburnCD/, from where you can found almost complete collection of the Vorkosigan saga e-books (only 'Memory' is missing) in different digital distribution formats.

I thought you might want to know, so you can recommended this to your friends who haven't yet had the privilege of knowing about Barrayar and it's people.

And now they can do so, for free (and legally!).

Memory being missing from the Cyroburn CD is sad, because it's arguably the best book Bujold's written.

Memory being missing from the Cyroburn CD is sad, because it's arguably the best book Bujold's written.

Yes, true (well, funny thing, I have very hard time to choose my favourite book from the Vorkosigan series, but Memory is excellent), but you can purchase Memory from Baen Webscription E-book store for just 6.00 $ (4.17 Euros according to google). Which is IMHO very reasonable price. (When you already have rest of the books for free.)

Link: http://www.webscription.net/p-617-memory.aspx

(Actually, I have read Memory, but don't own it, so I just might purchase it for myself from there... Well, maybe when I really have time to read it again)