Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

Wow, you guys are way mellow. :wink:

Just tried launching a cartoony "spy satellite" to this. Used the downbeats of the intro to turn on SAS, max throttle, open resource panel, then pan around cinematically. Liftoff at 0:42. The first two kilometers were pretty incredible, and I thought he said "almost there" during the coast to Ap, but it's actually "always there". Needs to be longer to finish circularizing.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on my mood...

Here's my lists:
Mellow list:

Early to mid Pink Floyd

Isao Tomita's Holst The Planets

Any Japanese traditional flute music, as well as any R. Carlos Nakai

Kevin Braheny "Galaxies"

Any Orbital

Temple of The Dog

Any William Ackerman

Fudgetunnel Hate Songs in e minor

Upbeat list:

Any Babatunde Olatunji

Certain Beastie Boys albums, especially The In Sound from Way Out!

Any Led Zeppelin

Michael Hedges Aerial Boundaries & Live on the Double Planet

Hardcore list:

Any early Metallica, especially The $5.98 Garage Days Revisited EP

Any Kyuss

and finally, I cant believe no one has mentioned Hawkwind

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Hardcore list:

Any early Metallica, especially The $5.98 Garage Days Revisited EP

Any Kyuss

and finally, I cant believe no one has mentioned Hawkwind

Yiiiisss, 'tallica and Kyuss are on HEAVILY featured on my playlists. :D
"Stage III" from Wretch by Kyuss seems especially fitting, as it really reminds me of a *huge* booster slowly getting to orbit.

I listen to different genres, but I generally put upbeat stuff when I play. I don't focus on space themed music on my KSP playlist, just stuff I really like, namely :

• Metallica, Kyuss, Queens Of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Sepultura/Soulfly
  • Kavinsky, Carpenter Brut (totally hooked on this one, check it out if you like the Outrun genre), Daft Punk (the TRON Legacy OST is a master piece IMO), Télépopmusik, Bjork
  • Gorillaz, Massive Attack, Beastie Boys, Morcheeba, Portisead (not so upbeat, but I really like 'Dummy')
  • And a few others I can't remember right now :D
Edited by el_coyoto
added a few links

47 minutes ago, el_coyoto said:

"Stage III" from Wretch by Kyuss seems especially fitting, as it really reminds me of a *huge* booster slowly getting to orbit.

EXACTLY!!... I think the same thing, and like to play it during launch of some monstrous rocket I've built...

49 minutes ago, el_coyoto said:

I listen to different genres, but I generally put upbeat stuff when I play. I don't focus on space themed music on my KSP playlist, just stuff I really like, namely :

• Metallica, Kyuss, Queens Of The Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Sepultura/Soulfly

If you like Kyuss & QoTSA, have you checked out The Dessert Sessions ??
I was able to see a young Josh Homme play live with a band called Xtra Large, at a Hard Rock Cafe opening, in '90 or '91... :wink:

How can you NOT try some Kyuss while KSP-ing, when they have an album called "Blues for the Red Sun", and spacey, Kerbalesque song titles like:

Stage III, Molten Universe, 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up), Capsized, Allen's Wrench, Mondo Generator, Asteroid, 100°, Space Cadet, Odyssey, Phototropic, Catamaran, Spaceship Landing, Shine!, Into the Void

15 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

EXACTLY!!... I think the same thing, and like to play it during launch of some monstrous rocket I've built...

If you like Kyuss & QoTSA, have you checked out The Dessert Sessions ??
I was able to see a young Josh Homme play live with a band called Xtra Large, at a Hard Rock Cafe opening, in '90 or '91... :wink:

How can you NOT try some Kyuss while KSP-ing, when they have an album called "Blues for the Red Sun", and spacey, Kerbalesque song titles like:

Stage III, Molten Universe, 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up), Capsized, Allen's Wrench, Mondo Generator, Asteroid, 100°, Space Cadet, Odyssey, Phototropic, Catamaran, Spaceship Landing, Shine!, Into the Void

I've heard a few Desert Sessions a few years ago when hanging out with friends, but never got the EPs and focused on their discography for some reason. As a Josh Homme fanboy, I should definitely get them now that I have run out of studio albums to listen to. :D

Also, "Blues For The Red Sun" is the title of a chapter in Carl Sagan's awesome Cosmos (which I own and love). What a bunch of geeks they were... :wink:

Edited by el_coyoto
formatting

• 4 weeks later...

Had a good hour playing to Vangelis - Cosmos.

Had a special moment when the commentary of "mean distance to the sun" and "orbital eccentricity" came up. I predict it will be a recurring member of my playlist from now on. 

Usually it's just some Pink Floyd or various blues. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.