Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

• 1 month later...

This one because given my username, it's an awesome and somewhat obligatory song to play: 

And another one of my favorite Canadian bands hailing from Vancouver BC, which is close to where I live on Vancouver Island. 

Most of the time I listen to Nightwish while flying in KSP, but on some Mun missions where the kerbals are probably going to set up a base by accident I play this song.

Some of the lyrics really fit with the idea of staying on the Mun, much to the kerbal's dismay.

On 2016-07-22 at 8:17 PM, TomSawyer2112 said:

This one because given my username, it's an awesome and somewhat obligatory song to play:

Don't forget Cygnus X-1 from the earlier days (Farewell to Kings & Hemispheres).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNrQGmj6oQ

Edited by Curveball Anders
broken memory

• 3 months later...

Rocket by Def Leppard. It's fairly obvious what they're going for here. Heck, they even sampled the GO/NOGO from the Apollo missions.

Also, it seems appropriate that i'm dragging this thread up from the depths this close to Halloween. Hold on, I've got this...*ahem*....

I COMMAND YOU TO RISE FROM THE GRAVE!

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

As mentioned in this similar thread:

Stock music.

But if I ever decide to listen to something NOT already in the game, I might make up a playlist consisting of:

Rush - Hemispheres, Cygnus X-1, 2112, and quite a few others 

Yes - Starship Troopers, Heart of the Sunrise, Siberian Khatru, most of Tales From Topgraphic Oceans, and Homeworld (The Ladder) - yes, it's the end credits music for the original Homeworld 

Billy Thorpe - most of his Children of the Sun album 

Starcastle 

Elton John - Rocketman, natch 

David Bowie - all of Ziggy Stardust 

The soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey 

Gustav Holst - The Planets 

Igor Stravinsky - Firebird 

Tomita's electronic versions of Holst's The Planets, Debussy's Snowflakes Are Dancing, and Moussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition 

anything from Vangelis, including collaborations with Jon Anderson (former vocalist for Yes) 

most of Jon Anderson's solo work, but especially Olias of Sunhillow

Planet P - Why Me?

Most of Enya's catalog

Deep Purple - Space Truckin'

The Fifth Dimension - Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In

Quite a bit of Moby, but especially Underwater, Parts 1-5

Styx - Come Sail Away

...and probably a hundred or more things I can't recall at the moment off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I typically just throw on music ripped from some CDs I got for Christmas.
DewvNLs.png

Huh, some of it was left out. The other songs were The Chauffeur, Girls on Film, Planet Earth, Anyone Out There, Careless Memories, Is There Something I Should Know?, Night Boat, Sound of Thunder, Friends of Mine, and Tel Aviv.

Edited by legoclone09

I...Don't really listen to music while playing...It hinders my focus and I tend to "fly" like the music. Which isn't helpful. Whatsoever. I do however watch YouTube videos (usually about trains) which TOTALLY doesn't distract me! Ok, I only watch when building or when doing tedious tasks that usually involve holding the W button for a long amount of time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.