What do you like about KSP the most?

lyndonguitar

What do you like about KSP the most?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like about KSP the most?

• The premise of managing a Space Program (Administrator)
    • Designing Crafts/Missions (Mission Designer)
    • Conducting Missions (Mission Director)
    • Building awesome contraptions (Experimental Designer)
    • Flying a space/air-craft (Pilot)
    • Exploration (Scientist)

Well, since the game is in beta now and pretty much has all the base/core features. I'm interested to know what you guys like the most about KSP

Me, I like the premise of having a Space Program, and managing it to earn money/science through contracts and exploration. I pretty much use mechjeb for all my missions since I've unlocked it, although I can manually fly ships if needed. I focus on the designing the crafts/missions aspect of the game, and letting the Kerbals do all the heavy maneuvering.

To make it more immersive I installed Kerbal Construction Time so actual real time passes between missions, and it's working out pretty good so far.

I like playing vanilla normal mode with reverts, because I can experiment with designs. And by doing so, of course after some trial & error (sorry Das :sticktongue:), you pretty much know what combination of fuel and engines to give the proper TWR... sans Kerbal Engineer. And I love doing manual ascents and landings, but still with SAS :)

I selected all of it. No lie, I like all of these things and I can't pick. KSP must really be a game for me :)

...Wow, exact same here. I like planning, actually doing the missions, piloting, making really awesome things, and applying a slight backstory to it all. (If I discover a kerbal is BadS, I name a major mission after them.)

Maybe I just shouldn't vote? :D

What are "reverts"?

Generally, anything that let's you go back in time, like quicksaves, and/or the "revert to launch" and "revert to Vehicle Assembly Building" buttons.

EDIT: Related thread to reverts; it's from 2012, but still surprisingly relevant. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23807-How-do-you-save-load-a-quick-save-%21

What I also like is

1. reading about physics (not only orbital mechanics but also astrophysics) and

2. developing scripts to help design missions (optimize craft mass/cost, simulate aerobraking, compute extraplanetary transfers, etc).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.