[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

3 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Beating my head into stone brick wall.....

Help lol.     Seti remote tech config no worky worky with my current mod load out but stock rt does.     I can see the stations on the map but ive got zero signal.     Did i put them underground?

Did you edit the file at all?

Ok, here is an updated version of the SETI-PartMod-ThunderAerospace.cfg file which fixes the broken syntax issue and also adds inclusion for teh 3.75m TAC-LS parts. As discussed on the last page, I've set the conversion rate to support 15 kerbals, but I'd really like someone like @Yemo or another mod caretaker to have a look to see if the parts are properly balanced or if they need some tweaking.

SETI-PartMod-ThunderAerospace.cfg

Edited by SpacedInvader

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

Works fine for me.

I think i know whats wrong.    Im running opm, the antenna mod for opm for long range comms(trash can with 50 octagon umbrella things), seti remote tech, kerbinside ground stations, remote tech and about 90 other mods..... Think my configs are conflicting with each other or maybe svt changed height maps..... And now my stations are underground....@Galileo. Can you confirm or deny this lol

1 minute ago, NemesisBosseret said:

I think i know whats wrong.    Im running opm, the antenna mod for opm for long range comms(trash can with 50 octagon umbrella things), seti remote tech, kerbinside ground stations, remote tech and about 90 other mods..... Think my configs are conflicting with each other or maybe svt changed height maps..... And now my stations are underground....@Galileo. Can you confirm or deny this lol

I run nearly 200 mods, though the only one you've listed that I don't have is kerbinside.

EDT: What is SVT?

Edited by SpacedInvader

4 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

There will is a grand total of 0 heightmaps in SVT, so the issue lies elsewhere.

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Im guessing ill have to write my own remote tech/ seti ground station config and if thats the case if the seti mod makers want they can have it as an optional config.     Once i get home from work ill attempt my config file butchuary and try to make it work.... Unless of course someone has a simpler fix

Where exactly are you experiencing things breaking? Are you unable to control probes at all, or is it just in certain circumstances?

4 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Where exactly are you experiencing things breaking? Are you unable to control probes at all, or is it just in certain circumstances?

Zero connection from launch pad to space.   Red dots on map but no connection no matter what antenna i got.     Not sure why but think they are blocked from kerbin itself like they are underground. Or stock ground stations config is messing with it

But stock rt config works.... So it has to be something wrong in the configs with extra ground stations.      My guess is in the heightmap or its a conflict in the config canciling itself out

did you right click and activate the antenna? then choose a ground station to connect to? Its not the heightmap, stock ground stations have zero interaction with RT and I'm sure its not in the cfg.

Seti and RT should not be interfering in anyway

If its a cfg you wrote for KSS there is probably an issue because A LOT has changed with KSS in the last couple weeks to include index number changes

Edited by Galileo

33 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Zero connection from launch pad to space.   Red dots on map but no connection no matter what antenna i got.     Not sure why but think they are blocked from kerbin itself like they are underground. Or stock ground stations config is messing with it

But stock rt config works.... So it has to be something wrong in the configs with extra ground stations.      My guess is in the heightmap or its a conflict in the config canciling itself out

Sounds to me more like an antenna issue or incorrectly modded SPU syntax. Something to try would be to build a crewed vehicle and try to transmit science with an omni antenna from the pad. This would at least rule out the ground stations. The reason I suggest this is that I've had it happen in the past where mods tried to change the SPU status of probe cores and borked it up royally so they wouldn't work anymore at all. Another thing you should probably try is installing just RT and SETI on a clean install of KSP to see if they are working together correctly. If they are, you'll need to start adding your mods back in one at a time until it breaks again and you can identify exactly where things are going wrong.

Edited by SpacedInvader

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

did you right click and activate the antenna? then choose a ground station to connect to? Its not the heightmap, stock ground stations have zero interaction with RT and I'm sure its not in the cfg.

Seti and RT should not be interfering in anyway

Tested same antennas on both configs from rt menu.    Everything from com 16 to dishes etc doesnt work with seti config but in rt config it does and i can swap config in game thru rt gui.      I think its because opm and the antenna mod i got try to over write each other over stock rt config but with seti its a different file path/name and in there atrempts to overwrite each other its zeroing the antenna range..... This is my hypothesis right now

Just now, NemesisBosseret said:

Tested same antennas on both configs from rt menu.    Everything from com 16 to dishes etc doesnt work with seti config but in rt config it does and i can swap config in game thru rt gui.      I think its because opm and the antenna mod i got try to over write each other over stock rt config but with seti its a different file path/name and in there atrempts to overwrite each other its zeroing the antenna range..... This is my hypothesis right now

And I can tell you that this is probably wrong because I have RT, SETI, OPM, and several antenna mods installed and my game is working fine. Which antenna mod are you using? Please provide a link to the release thread.

Just now, NemesisBosseret said:

Is there a way to enable signal delay in seti config?    Ill be home from work in a few mins so will figure out soon

No need really, just go into the RT settings config through the in-game menu button and enable it there. For a long time now RT has kept a per-save config file, so editing the settings for RT while in-game changes that config and leaves the others as-is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.