Mk3 Cockpit Internals [0.90] [Not a Part]

kujuman

After realizing that they shipped a shuttle cockpit featuring a sensory deprivation tank instead of the instrument panels, windows, and seats ordered by the KSC, C7 Aerospace Division immediately set to work to fix this oversight. By immediately going to work, I mean they hired an outside contractor to work for long hours and no pay. With that, the Kerbal Science Foundation is pleased to announce the Mk 3 Cockpit Internals!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Requires: ModuleManager forum | d/l

Does not require, but best with:

RasterPropMonitor forum | d/l (you should have this installed if you have the ALCOR installed)

ASET Prop Pack forum | d/l (you should have this installed if you have the ALCOR installed)

NavUtilities forum | d/l

This is intended only to be an interim release, and will not be maintained except for big bugs, or until we get the official internal models for the Mk3 Shuttle.

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Who allowed this one to drop all the way back to page 5? Make it sticky. Better yet, make it stock.

Uhm no. There is a stock one in development already. They just couldn't ship it in time for 0.90. This is better than what we have currently though (nothing).

Uhm no. There is a stock one in development already. They just couldn't ship it in time for 0.90. This is better than what we have currently though (nothing).

Thank you for that compliment! It's phrasing like that which encourages modders to spend their time to make the game as deep as it is.

And to be honest, depending on how the stock one is I may just spend the time to make this one better. The stock cockpits so far are terrible for actually flying (I somehow think the artists haven't actually flown a plane before) since you can't see down very well at all. The instruments are also located in bad spots. Granted, I think the SP+ cockpits were intended to give room for RPM, but actually trying to land in one is pretty hard without it.

So while this cockpit doesn't look very nice, I find that it's very functional; functionality keeps me wanting to sit in IVA. Otherwise internals are a "gee whiz" factor and a background for kerbal portraits.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this... Thanks kujuman. I've been getting frustrated with the darkness.

Perfect fix

Raindreamer - Even if they make a stock internal for the mk3 cockpit its still not out yet.

Till then this is the best solution to the problem there is in whole wide world.

And I like it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.