[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Yes, but AntennaRange does not include planet occlusion the way stock and remote tech do.

Hence, it would be easier to adapt the remote-tech contract then the antenna-range contract.

Edited by Ruedii
Moar detail

33 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Yes, but AntennaRange does not include planet occlusion the way stock and remote tech do.

Hence, it would be easier to adapt the remote-tech contract then the antenna-range contract.

Since Antenna Range is obsolete, the intention is to convert the Antenna Range contracts to stock relays.

Is this only my install or the contract are not updated to the newest (1.8.1) RemoteTech?

It seems that the "Antenna" dependency is not met. I tried to hack in "RTAntenna" to the contract configs instead but no success...

I tried to comment out the antenna requirement. But it still complains about power.

Is there a way to reload contract configs while running the game? I tried the F12 debug menu's contract part without success...

Hello,

I'm running KSP v1.1.3 and ...no idea what version of CC or the contract pack. But I just thought I'd run this by you to see if you'd heard of the issue, and whether or not it has already been fixed in more recent versions.

(I'm currently stuck in v1.1.3 until all my mods update; I don't expect a fix for the outdated versions I'm running)

Anyway, I had a contract to establish a comms network around Moho. I accepted the contract ages ago. I just loaded my space station (in Kerbin orbit), and randomly, I got a notification saying that I had met the requirements of the Moho network contract, and I had been paid the $1.8m to do the contract... without having a single thing in orbit around Moho.

I've had this same issue with other celestial bodies too over the last few months.

Has this issue been encountered and fixed already? Or do I need to send you some logs? :P

(my player.log file is 1.2GB in size... how should I go about down-sampling that log file?)

Update: my ridiculously-large log file is here.

Edited by DavidHunter

@DavidHunter - I've heard of the issue before, but haven't easily reproduced it.  It's due to how the coverage is calculated (it's a really expensive operation, so it does a check of a single point every couple of ticks.  It seems to be possible between luck and just having a big satellite pointed at the planet to get sufficient coverage.

It's not an issue that's high on my priority list though - so it's not likely to get looked at anytime soon.

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

@DavidHunter - I've heard of the issue before, but haven't easily reproduced it.  It's due to how the coverage is calculated (it's a really expensive operation, so it does a check of a single point every couple of ticks.  It seems to be possible between luck and just having a big satellite pointed at the planet to get sufficient coverage.

It's not an issue that's high on my priority list though - so it's not likely to get looked at anytime soon.

OK, thanks for letting me know. :)

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

How can I change when contracts become available? Specifically, I would like to delay the inner and outer planet relay contracts by a year or so (barely getting to mun and minmus and have to use my contract slots up with eve and duna relays, or let them expire).

You can't, but there's no real reason to - they'll just come back when they expire.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the requirements for contracts to show up, i've got several scan-sats in orbit but I have not got one comsat contract yet. Running lots of mods as far as contact related mods;

• Contracts window+ 7.3
  • Contract Parser 5.0
  • Quick Contracts 1.21
  • Contract configurator 1.22.2
  • Contract pack: RemoteTech 2.1.3
  • Contract pack: Basses and Stations 1.3.5.2
  • Contract pack:Clever Sats 1.4
  • Contract pack: Kerbal Academy 1.1.5

All installed with ckan. Haven't seen any comsat stuff not even in "all"

Found a small bug with an easy fix in the inner system sat contract. It wouldn't pop for me as I didn't have a part that was "power".

Part of the contract requirements are:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Power
    }

Which, for me at least, is causing it to fail to come up as I haven't unlocked any part of the power type (which seems odd since you'd think batteries would cover that but whatever). The other contracts (such as EverythingSat) have the following in their requirements:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Power
    }

Adding in the "partModuleType = Antenna" fixes that and lets me accept the contract without issue. I'm working on completing it right now but I don't think adding in that one line should mess anything else up. (Yes I know coding often does that though...)

• 1 month later...

hi there nightingale. i have noticed recently that the contracts are not showing up.

contract configurator  is v1.22.2

the contract pack is 2.1.3

remotetech v1.8.4

the contract group used to show up in the mission control "all" section that cc adds in, however recently it is failing to show the group 

on a separate note, I have noticed the icons for cc in the mission control are out of alignment

thanks

has anyone had an issue where certain requirements for new contracts to show up were unmet despite having the craft in orbit that meet said requirements.

I originally thought it might be a Ven's Stock revamp issue with the antennas, but I uninstalled and tried without it and the issue persisted.

Here my problem is that I want to take the Mun Satellite Constellation contract.  I have 4 Sats in LKO around Kerbin with the MTS Dishes and Com 32's, I have the dishes pointed at the Mun on all 4 Sats.

I look at the contract requirements and it says that I don't have any antennas or dishes in orbit with a range of 12,000km.

Any idea why might this be or has anyone witnessed something similar?

On 2/16/2017 at 11:41 AM, mtpatane said:

has anyone had an issue where certain requirements for new contracts to show up were unmet despite having the craft in orbit that meet said requirements.

I originally thought it might be a Ven's Stock revamp issue with the antennas, but I uninstalled and tried without it and the issue persisted.

Here my problem is that I want to take the Mun Satellite Constellation contract.  I have 4 Sats in LKO around Kerbin with the MTS Dishes and Com 32's, I have the dishes pointed at the Mun on all 4 Sats.

I look at the contract requirements and it says that I don't have any antennas or dishes in orbit with a range of 12,000km.

Any idea why might this be or has anyone witnessed something similar?

I'm hitting the same issue. I just fixed it by going into GameData/ContractPacks/RemoteTech/MoonRelay and deleting the requirement:

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = ActiveVesselRange
        type = ActiveVesselRange

targetBody = HomeWorld()
        range = @/targetBody.SemiMajorAxis()
    }

On 2/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, mtpatane said:

I look at the contract requirements and it says that I don't have any antennas or dishes in orbit with a range of 12,000km.Any idea why might this be or has anyone witnessed something similar?

I'm having the same issue. Tried different dishes, different orbits. Since I'm playing career I'd rather not setup my networks beyond Kerbin without getting the contracts.

I saw a post to edit the cfg's but before I try that I wanted to find out if I'm somehow doing something wrong.

I tried the Reflectron KR-7, the RA-2 Relay Antenna, and the HG-5 High Gain Antenna. Satellites have power, active Communotrons, connection to my Kerbin constellation, and I've tried polar and equatorial orbits.

I tried pointing the dishes at the Mun and simply having dishes active in orbit. Neither situation worked.

• 3 months later...

What does "coverage" mean, exactly? I downloaded this mod after having already made a 3 sat network around Kerbin and I don't have access to the "3 and 4 Kerbin satellite" contracts, because having "0 - 60% coverage of Kerbin" is unmet. Does having a network equal having 100% coverage? Because I most def don't because I have an arctic base (that I want to use to train with parts and science before sending them to other bodies) that only has a signal a couple hours of the day. Signal will be pretty important when I move Kerbals up there, so I was hoping to get the Kerbin network contracts and make a second network in a polar orbit.

5 hours ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

What does "coverage" mean, exactly? I downloaded this mod after having already made a 3 sat network around Kerbin and I don't have access to the "3 and 4 Kerbin satellite" contracts, because having "0 - 60% coverage of Kerbin" is unmet. Does having a network equal having 100% coverage? Because I most def don't because I have an arctic base (that I want to use to train with parts and science before sending them to other bodies) that only has a signal a couple hours of the day. Signal will be pretty important when I move Kerbals up there, so I was hoping to get the Kerbin network contracts and make a second network in a polar orbit.

It's a metric for how much of the surface of the planet is within range of a commsat that connects back to a ground station.  In terms of how it's calculated, there's a (relatively small) number of points around the planet between -60 and 60 degrees of latitude that are sample to see if a vessel there would be able to talk back to Kerbin.

The goal of the contract you're referring to is to basically set up the network you've already set up  - hence why it's no longer available to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.