[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

...most texture overestimate the brightness of the grey that stock and B9 use.

B9 grey is really hard to match well. I tried sampling the actual color used in the texture files and ran across an issue that the PP part with a grey color and the B9 part don't match due to specular and shininess factors used in the PP cfgs. It either ends up looking too shiny, or too dark. The B9 textures look dark when you look at the raw texture in Photoshop or another image viewer, but the normals that are used lighten them up considerably when they're in the game.

- Lack of "ends" on the sides. I think this might be a limitation of the plugin - haven't seen any config options to map ends to the side textures.

Ends on the PP parts? In the cfg there's a line for that...you just need to have/create a texture. The problem is I don't think you can control the rotation without actually rotating the part.

Edited by MainSailor

Ends on the PP parts? In the cfg there's a line for that...

Ends for the sides, not for the ends. For example, if you look at a tank from the side, most texturepacks apply a repeating texture that covers the entire side - which looks weird at the end when attaching other parts, because the sides visually lack some kind of "terminator/seperator" where one part ends, and another part begins. Think for example of borders at the ends of the sides. Oh sure, you could integrate that into the side texture, but then it would either become blurry for stretched tanks, or imply design limitations (if your texture tiles horizontally).

Just to confirm my earlier report about SRB burntimes: It is the already existing issue on the tracker, regarding KIDS. I just for testing disabled "thrust scales with ISP", and now the SRBs work correctly with custom thrust.

Soo,i think that i found a bug related to procedural parts.

I Build a behemoth of a launcher (6.25m parts) i saved it and i went to the tracking station.

When i went back to the Vab and loaded my craft all the "Cone" procedural parts were missplaced.

All cylindrical parts cliped over the cone parts that i used as adapters between the cylinders and the smaller part above the cones eg. the nose parachute in the picture.

What's worse is that the parts lost their nodes,the big cylindrical part in the middle lost its top node completely and the big cone part got its nodes placed on the edges (visible in the picture :S).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Also i noticed that in this instance only one of the two boosters got screwed.When i picked the correct one and put it back it fixed both of them.

V8DTQDI.jpg

Edited by Fizban
Forgot the pics

Soo,i think that i found a bug related to procedural parts.

I Build a behemoth of a launcher (6.25m parts) i saved it and i went to the tracking station.

When i went back to the Vab and loaded my craft all the "Cone" procedural parts were missplaced.

Been a lot of issues with cone parts recently. I think they might be causing some issues. I'll look into it. Thanks for the detailed bug report.

Been a lot of issues with cone parts recently. I think they might be causing some issues. I'll look into it. Thanks for the detailed bug report.

Glad to help.

Would be nice to find a fix for them, procedural cones are really helpful as adapters :)

Hi. Could you make engines procedural too? I'm asking becaus I think that that would make building rockets a houl lot easier (espesheli in RSS). If you are interested in this idea, contact me. I can send you some pictures and text of how it could look like. :D

So I put this in the 1TankLiquid.cfg file.

TANK_TYPE_OPTION

{

name = Karbonite

dryDensity = 0.1089

costMultiplier = 1.0

RESOURCE

{

name = Karbonite

unitsPerT = 80

}

}

Edited by sfharris
Fixed unitsPerT

hELP!!!! only real fuels procedural parts are appearing!!!

oK!!!! theres only meant to be the realfuels parts if you have realfuels instaled!!!!

P.S. Please use be verbose and use proper punctuation. It really helps.

Edit: Verbose did not mean what i thought it did. I meant that it is better to be do descriptive than not descriptive enough.

Edited by OtherBarry

hmm is there anyway to rather than just have a structural part to have more like a holo interior? kinda like the procedural fairings but for fuselages? I generally use that to do fuselages but I'm getting tired of the same texture and I would like to change the texture but they talking so long to implement them. Your Structure parts don't work very well with having things placed inside of them I tend to find that once I load a save the merged items tend to find themselves in a different position than they were.

I'm playing a very early stage career mode and I keep encountering an issue where MechJeb tells me my rocket is under (well under in many cases) 18t, but I won't be able to launch because KSP says the rocket is more then 18t. Is this a known issue and, short of constantly building my rockets from scratch, is there a work around?

I'm curious why procedural SRBs cost more than an equivalent stock SRB, In the case of the 'trashcan full of boom', it costs 350 funds wet, and the pp srb costs 1008 funds wet, most of which isn't fuel.

at the other end of the scale, the nasa srb costs 1800 funds wet, and an equivalent pp srb was something like 7000 funds wet

What's wrong with my installation? 0.90 KSP, 1.0.2 version of PP, 2.5.8 - module manager, no RealFuels and stuff. And no option to fill damned tanks with fuel (solid and xenon as well).

IvpDbkY.png?1

Oh, forgot to mention - all my carefully assembled spacestations and asteroid mining facilities destructed violently after installation of this mod.

I've got two different kerbal games going, each with it's own set of mods. In one I'm using Realism Overhaul and all it's dependant and recommended mods, which includes Real Fuels. In the other I'm playing "normal" Kerbal but a bunch of mods I selected simply to enhance the basic game. Anyway, in both setups I have Procedural Parts and I noticed somthing. In my RO setup when I use a procedural fuel tank I get to pick the contents of the tank. But in my "normal" game when I use a procedural tank, I have to select either a "procedural liquid tank" or "procedural RCS tank". Can anyone tell me which mod it is that allows you to select the contents of a procedural tank?

Also, is there a way to have procedural tanks that support the fuels from Near Future Propulsion?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. :)

Edited by chrisl

What's wrong with my installation? 0.90 KSP, 1.0.2 version of PP, 2.5.8 - module manager, no RealFuels and stuff. And no option to fill damned tanks with fuel (solid and xenon as well).

http://i.imgur.com/IvpDbkY.png?1

Oh, forgot to mention - all my carefully assembled spacestations and asteroid mining facilities destructed violently after installation of this mod.

Figured it out. Tank on screenshot is for Real Fuels (which I'm not using), but there is another problem: I don't have non-RealFuels version of tank.

Nice! I was also wondering if anybody had made a PP for USI mod resources. Those mods have like a million different tanks that I would very much like to consolidate.

I do not know of any, but that would be very helpful. Even when using the multipurpose colony modules for MKS/OKS, it is quite heavy on the parts catalog due to the storage containers. While I think PP has enough textures (eg the tile ones would look good for storage), configs would be really great.