[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

19 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

For your Info: In CKAN there is still only the version 1.2.8.

Not quite sure what's going on there except probably a file didn't get updated that CKAN depends on? @linuxgurugamer was going to update the CKAN data for it though since I apparently missed that file, CKAN probably doesn't see my release as being compatible. I think I've got that sorted out so give it a few hours for the change to propagate.

Someone else had done it, but hadn't updated the version number, I'm doing that now

Do you think you could add an AVC .version file, to make this automatic?

Edit:  Change is done, this may take a few hours, depending on the daemons

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Someone else had done it, but hadn't updated the version number, I'm doing that now

I thought that's what https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/blob/master/ProceduralParts.version was for?

Hey guys,

Just a really random idea here for this mod which I use the most in my current install:

Is there a possibility to add square parts? For instance, it could be used for probes which look a bit odd all round. In my head I mainly have it as an battery. But it could also be used as a box for food etc. when having life support installed.

But I also think it would bring a whole new dimension to the game. I know the reason behind round fuel tank with the pressure etc. But with some square parts your landers etc will look a whole lot different.

Just a suggestion, I'm nothing demanding. Just like to share my ideas with you.

Last but not least, a big shoutout to the devs of the mod. I really don't know how I would manage to play the game without it. Thanks! 

~DrLicor

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it in the download? If it is, means I need to make another change to the file.

Will get to that in an hour or so

Looks like it got updated, I'm still going to look at it regarding the .version file

I see the problem.  It looks like the file is good in the repo, but you didn't bundle it in the zip

The .version file is wrong in the zip file, so I'll have to leave the .netkan hard-coded.

This is what's there:

{
   "URL" : "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/master/ProceduralParts.version",
   "NAME" : "Procedural Parts",
   "GITHUB" : {
      "REPOSITORY" : "ProceduralParts",
      "USERNAME" : "Swamp-Ig"
   },
   "VERSION" : {
      "BUILD" : 0,
      "PATCH" : 8,
      "MINOR" : 2,
      "MAJOR" : 1
   },
   "DOWNLOAD" : "https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/releases",
   "KSP_VERSION" : {
      "PATCH" : 1,
      "MINOR" : 2,
      "MAJOR" : 1
   }
}

Essentially, the whole thing is wrong :-(

it's still referring to the last version that Swamp-Ig did.

you will need to rebuild the .zip file with the new version

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5.5.2017 at 0:14 AM, DrLicor said:

Just a suggestion, I'm nothing demanding. Just like to share my ideas with you.

~DrLicor

If i may insist for the time before it comes this way. B9 have some sqaure construction parts and USI have squarisch containers. Add Container Configurator from allista and you are a bit more flexible in your workarounds.

I am not realy sure if the parts supports rescale, sorry for this.

Hope this helps.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

On 5/4/2017 at 4:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New update at https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases/tag/v1.2.10

Procedural Parts 1.2.10

• Fixes issue with Real Fuels where the minimum burn time isn't updated and moving the slider all the way to the left throws NullRef exception and part has to be replaced by fresh copy (see issue #2 )

(latest release is always at  https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases/latest )

I just wanted to crosspost an issue and what so I see? A new dev version...

But to the issue, if fixed or not, before I exit:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.GeometryPartModuleRebuildMeshData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:UpdateInterops()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeBezierCone:UpdateShape(Boolean)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
Part:InitializeModules()
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
EditorLogic:ShipToLoadSelected(String, LoadType)
KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog:onPipelineFinished(ConfigNode, CraftEntry, LoadType)
KSP.UI.Screens.<pipeSelectedItem>c__AnonStorey1B1:<>m__890(ConfigNode)
KSPUpgradePipeline:Process(ConfigNode, String, LoadContext, Callback`1, Callback`2)
KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog:pipeSelectedItem(CraftEntry, LoadType)
KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog:onButtonLoad()
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

The full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc87lcgyc74ca7f/2017-05-09-3 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Also mentioned here:

Same log mentioned here:

Edited by Gordon Dry

11 minutes ago, maculator said:

So this works with 1.2.2 but the title says 1.1.3. I'll check it anyways but a "yes it works" would make me feel save :D

That's because the owner of this thread is missing. Neither the thread nor the mod are being maintained by him at this point in time.

I have forked the mod and am currently maintaining it and fixing bugs in it as time permits but I have not created my own thread for it.

You may always find the latest release for my fork at https://github.com/Starwaster/ProceduralParts/releases/latest

23 minutes ago, maculator said:

Okay if you're pushing the next update you could eventually move the stackseperator to coupling and the battery to electrical. Thats the only thing I noticed.

That's probably a good idea but I'm not sure when that will be. Maybe not until the next KSP update

Anyone else having an issue where procedural tanks switched to mono-propellant end up with liquid fuel/oxidiser as well as the mono-propellant? It looks fine in the VAB, but the extra propellants are there once you launch. I'm running a lot of other mods and the most obvious possible cause is Configurable Containers, but I've not yet had a chance to do any tests on a cleaner install.

Edited by baldamundo

is it possible to make the procedural parts be "connected living space" compatible?   I know you can just add a MM patch to say all the parts have the CLS module, but what I had in mind was do it dynamically in game based on the diameter of the part.   so basically take the diameter of the part at the top node and set that node as passible if it is over say 1m or what ever.  then do the same for the bottom node.  and then use the average diameter of the part or some other more complex formula for surface passible etc.