[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

The Size 2 Nuclear engine and the Size 1 ion engine really need to be stock!

Also, the LF-only and Ox-only radial tanks are really great for fueling vernor thruster rcs systems!

Agreed! I have trouble playing stock without KSPX. There's very few mods on my mandatory list, but this is absolutely one of them.

Thank you so much for maintaining this set stupid_chris! So many of my absolute favorite mods end up falling into your bucket and I appreciate you resurrecting/maintaining them!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if something is interacting funnily with KSPX (which it shouldn't) but is there a reason the Escape Tower decouples the same stage it fires now? There's no separate staging icon for decoupling, so not sure what's going on.

Parts can only have one staging icon. If a decoupler is on the same part as an engine module (and the decoupler is not set to unstaged) then both will fire together. Which is good for jettisoning the tower during ascent (which is, let's face it, more common than actually needing to use the tower). If you want to use it as an abort tower, action group the "activate engine" action for it into your abort group, and use that on abort.

• 2 months later...

Anyone try this out on 1.0.5 yet? There were some changes that may affect some parts. Most parts should be fully compatible, although parts may need corrections for heating balance issues due to heating changes (default heat flow behavior has changed a tad allowing them to lower the maximum heat on most parts.)

A few new part related features are also available (new fuel flow controls on tanks/engines, enhanced heat options) however nothing that would cause compatibility issues not to add.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if the right mod to ask, but would it be possible to add the pre 1.05 MK1 cockpit to this mod? I don't mind the new MK1, so I'd prefer not to just overwrite it with the old one, but I also like the old one and all my existing designs just look silly with the new one, including my favourite aircraft. Edited by Andrew_C
clarified

[quote name='Andrew_C']I'm not sure if the right mod to ask, but would it be possible to add the pre 1.05 MK1 cockpit to this mod? I don't mind the new MK1, so I'd prefer not to just overwrite it with the old one, but I also like the old one and all my existing designs just look silly with the new one, including my favourite aircraft.[/QUOTE]

I'm only maintaining this, no additions.

• 2 months later...

Man... I never knew just how old this mod is. A friend pulled up his .20 save that had it and we went over the history of this mod and the various parts from it that made it into stock in a following release. I just wanted to say congrats and give you applause for keeping this mod up for so long. Many of the ancients are no longer running still. I sadly only use stock parts when I build craft, but - I think it would be a great idea to  release this mod as official DLC or make a few more of these parts stock in the up and upcoming releases of KSP. - The modelling and texturing work is already done and the time alone this mod has been around can atone for the versatility and usefulness of these parts. I think it would be a nice touch for a veteran mod such as this.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm someone added this to CKAN and maybe the home page link is broken....

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96464  the forum says its a bad address.

EDIT: I think the old forum would accept shorted address. (ending with just topic number) But this new version only accepts the full address:

Edited by BlackHat

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Table said:

Just a very stupid question, can someone tell me if this mod adds the parts that's been already added to the game, or does it only add the unadded parts?

Thanks,

Table

Those that have not. I'm not that stupid

Just now, Table said:

Ah, thanks. I just thought that b/c I saw the Cupola in the OP Pics.

I feel very retarded :P

*All* the parts are in the OP picks. The cupola is added also included but not in the main folder, due to popular demand that it looked better than the stock one.

• 2 weeks later...

KSP 1.1 short update is up

KSPX v0.2.10 - KSP v1.1 update
Released April 20th 2016
[FEATURE] Added search tags to all parts
[FEATURE] Removed CoM offster on LES and replaced for a thrust transform offset
[BALANCE] Adjusted mass and capacity of the 2.5m thin RCS tank to align with stock changes

Enjoy the update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.