The Great Naked Space Man saga

Felsmak

The Great Naked Space Man is a tall humanoid entity whose flawless, masculine physique could cause anyone who gazes upon him to swoon. It lives in a separate dimension known as Great Naked Man Space, but is frequently seen in orbit around Kerbin. It feeds on the souls of Kerbals, which it harvests when its irresistible charm - invariably - causes them to embrace it and approach it for a kiss. However, no Kerbal has ever managed to actually kiss the Great Naked Space Man, as he always kills them by removing their helmets. Attempts to prolong the lives of lovestruck astronauts have been made, mainly through the development of increasingly complex locking mechanisms for helmets. But despite all efforts, the Great Naked Space Man has so far managed to open them in exactly the same time as usual.

Edited by Felsmak

It started as an easter egg in a drawing I never finished. The picture itself was of a Kerbal looking all blissful as he takes his first space walk, and at some point I just randomly decided to add the reflection of a naked human in his visor. They would simply fly towards each other, with their arms reaching for each other and stuff.

I abandoned the picture before I actually drew those two, but the idea stayed long enough for me to give it a name. And then I just kept going, haha.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

If I ever were to translate these poems into German, I think I'd use the following names:

• Der kosmische Sexkönig = The Great Naked Space Man (The Cosmic Sex King)
  • Der kosmische Sexsaal = Great Naked Man Space (The Cosmic Sex Hall)

Mostly as a reference to Der Erlkönig, which the first poem is based on.

Edited by Felsmak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If I ever get the skill (and courage) to translate the Great Naked Space Man into Hungarian, I think I would call it a ragyogó űrférfi (the shining space man), or maybe a ragyogó űrember (the shining space human). At least, that's the best I can come up with for now, as my Hungarian vocabulary is pretty small.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.