[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

Anyone have any ideas as to why mirror symmetry does not seem to work with welded parts? I've been working around the problem for ages now, never thought to check here :D

Actually I think I know why. It's not a problem with the mod, it's just that KSP can't really mirror a part as such it can only mirror the attachment point.

PS: If I create craft files that makes use of welded parts, am I free to distribute them and the parts? I'd like to release my mechs but they are extensively welded and edited both to keep the part count down and so that they are able to work with infernal robotics.

Welded parts are only combination of the models of the different part packs, so you only have to care about the mods packs which are included in the welded parts.

Welded parts are only combination of the models of the different part packs, so you only have to care about the mods packs which are included in the welded parts.

Sure, and I won't be including the other part packs anyway, IR is a dependency to get the mechs to work so people will simply need IR in the first place, so I don't need to ship components from other mods myself. But I have used the welding mod to create my parts, so I thought I should ask for permission to distribute them :D

When are you going to get the update out? i would like to use this mod with DMP to have a server where it is possible to build ships exceeding 5000k parts.

Huge starships / multiplayer fleets and launch shuttles from them and stuff you get the idea :cool: , So got a ETA on it?

When are you going to get the update out? i would like to use this mod with DMP to have a server where it is possible to build ships exceeding 5000k parts.

Huge starships / multiplayer fleets and launch shuttles from them and stuff you get the idea :cool: , So got a ETA on it?

Here's the pre-release: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107273-0-90-UbioZur-Welding-Ltd-Continued-2-1-1-%282015-01-14%29?p=2113214&viewfull=1#post2113214. And I'm sure you didn't intend it but your post was a little rude.

Wow you can handle 5k part shps? The problem is just that welding reduces a part of the things that hit the performance but not limit it to the bare required minimum.

:) Thanks, i didn't intend it to be rude :D , This should be interesting :) . Is the welded part saved as a partmodule?

Nope there is a partmodule that is called WeldedMeshSwitch, which is a partmodule but everything else from welding is just new parts.

If you're in a rush, I'm actually using the old version with no issues in KSP 1.04. You just have to be a bit careful: avoid certain parts and build in a particular way. Specifically, make sure the craft that you're welding is the only part tree in the assembly building (don't try to weld a subtree). Still looking forward to updates but you *can* get by if you need to, I've made some pretty crazy welds and they've all worked.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get cockpit internals to work with welded parts?

Specifically, I have a fairly large weld representing the torso of a robot. Up until now, in order to give cockpit internals I have created a weld which is just the Mk1 inline cockpit by itself, scaled down. I have then been clipping that part inside the forward-most part of the torso, which allows you to see out since you're looking through the back face of the geometry.

This works, but it does require that I have that extra cockpit part, and I'd have to distribute it with the torso part, and explain to people that they should use this cockpit (that looks exactly like the mk1 cockpit in the parts list), clip it into the torso, etc.

If I could just weld a cockpit into the torso, that would be much cleaner. I have tried to do so by including a Mk1 cockpit in the torso weld, setting the torso crewCapcity to 1, and making sure the internal and command modules are set in the config file. This almost works, but the cockpit internals are right in the middle of the torso when you go into IVA, meaning you can't see out the front because you are looking at the convex surface of a part in front of that point.

It doesn't seem to matter where I place the actual Mk1 cockpit part in the weld, the internals don't seem to move when going into IVA (even if the cockpit part in the weld is actually out in front of all the other geometry). I thought maybe it was putting the internals at the CoM so I tried adding a CoMOffset to the torso, but this didn't seem to move the internals POV either.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get cockpit internals to work with welded parts?

Specifically, I have a fairly large weld representing the torso of a robot. Up until now, in order to give cockpit internals I have created a weld which is just the Mk1 inline cockpit by itself, scaled down. I have then been clipping that part inside the forward-most part of the torso, which allows you to see out since you're looking through the back face of the geometry.

This works, but it does require that I have that extra cockpit part, and I'd have to distribute it with the torso part, and explain to people that they should use this cockpit (that looks exactly like the mk1 cockpit in the parts list), clip it into the torso, etc.

If I could just weld a cockpit into the torso, that would be much cleaner. I have tried to do so by including a Mk1 cockpit in the torso weld, setting the torso crewCapcity to 1, and making sure the internal and command modules are set in the config file. This almost works, but the cockpit internals are right in the middle of the torso when you go into IVA, meaning you can't see out the front because you are looking at the convex surface of a part in front of that point.

It doesn't seem to matter where I place the actual Mk1 cockpit part in the weld, the internals don't seem to move when going into IVA (even if the cockpit part in the weld is actually out in front of all the other geometry). I thought maybe it was putting the internals at the CoM so I tried adding a CoMOffset to the torso, but this didn't seem to move the internals POV either.

Hi,

sorry but there is no really way to work around this. normally the parts and the internals are develop in sync so that both fit each other, but welding creates completely new parts.

No worries, I will stick with the solution that I have. I looked through all the config documentation I could find but didn't see any way to change the position of the eyepoint. Cheers for the info.

pretty sad, If you would have found some information that might have made it possible it could have gone into welding.

Updated Mod Version for KSP 1.0.4

2015-08-27 - Version 2.2.0 - Continued

• Compatibility with KSP 1.0.4
  • Dropped compatibility with KSP 1.0.2 and Previous
  • New WeldedMeshSwitch that is able to select the correct meshes for welded parts that contained the InterstellarMeshSwitch
  • WeldedMeshSwitch contains an option to destroy unused objects to save tiny performance
  • Fixed a major bug that caused the Welding and UI to freeze
  • Saving the settings out of the game now makes them also the actual ones used
  • Settings contains a precisionDigits value that will round the values of the new part to this amount of digits after the dot
  • Improved Model scaleing
  • Textfield for stackSymmetry in the Main welding window
  • Added some new Modules and Attributes to the config

Love the mod, so useful for lowering part count. One suggestion/request that I have would be the ability to exclude modules when welding. Most of my welding is for aesthetic purposes and usually I don't want all or some of the regular functionality of the component parts. It's easy enough to go into the part .cfg and remove stuff but it would still be a bit of a time saver.

Love the mod, so useful for lowering part count. One suggestion/request that I have would be the ability to exclude modules when welding. Most of my welding is for aesthetic purposes and usually I don't want all or some of the regular functionality of the component parts. It's easy enough to go into the part .cfg and remove stuff but it would still be a bit of a time saver.

That might be possible with a major UI change.

Maybe revisit this at the time of the Unity 5 update since GUIs might need rewrites anyway?

Seems plausible.

I just hope that not too much stuff will be changed and that the part.cfgs get more streamlined, currently they are quite different based on which gameversion they were created at.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, this is by far one of my favorite mods. Reducing part count: awesome! Curing floppy donkey syndrome: No more waggle here! The biggest problem I'm having with it though is some of my weldments show up in the parts list as a blank square with no thumbnail, only the description. If i select one those weldments the game acts like an object is now in the hanger, I can rotate and zoom in on it like its there but its not. The welds I do are mostly structural, I add the flashy bits later. I've tried looking for others with the same problem but to no avail. If someone could point me to the post number, if its already been discussed, that would be great. If this hasn't come up before, I can upload the craft, weldment, and any other info you might need when I get home later.

Ok guys, this is by far one of my favorite mods. Reducing part count: awesome! Curing floppy donkey syndrome: No more waggle here! The biggest problem I'm having with it though is some of my weldments show up in the parts list as a blank square with no thumbnail, only the description. If i select one those weldments the game acts like an object is now in the hanger, I can rotate and zoom in on it like its there but its not. The welds I do are mostly structural, I add the flashy bits later. I've tried looking for others with the same problem but to no avail. If someone could point me to the post number, if its already been discussed, that would be great. If this hasn't come up before, I can upload the craft, weldment, and any other info you might need when I get home later.

Can you provide the pre welding craft file and the list of required mods, then I can look up what there is going on.

Sorry about the delay, I'm on call 24/7. Ok, here is one of my troubled ships,I used some KwRocketry structural elements https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnnf9euhhjfbl9y/AAB_SNmu5LM9LsHgE4OQQrnFa?dl=0&s=sl

Thank you for any help you can provide

List if installed mods:

CommunityResourcePack

DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.0.4.

InfernalRobotics.0.21.2

Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Core_Pack-v01b

KAS_v0.5.2

KIS_v1.1.5

KWRocketry

MechJeb2 Embbeded 1.3

MechJeb2-2.5.1.0

ModuleAnimateEmissive

NearFutureProps.zip

StationPartsExpansion

TweakScale_-_Rescale_Everything-v2.1

UbioWeldingLtd

Sorry about the delay, I'm on call 24/7. Ok, here is one of my troubled ships,I used some KwRocketry structural elements https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnnf9euhhjfbl9y/AAB_SNmu5LM9LsHgE4OQQrnFa?dl=0&s=sl

Thank you for any help you can provide

List if installed mods:

CommunityResourcePack

DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.0.4.

InfernalRobotics.0.21.2

Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Core_Pack-v01b

KAS_v0.5.2

KIS_v1.1.5

KWRocketry

MechJeb2 Embbeded 1.3

MechJeb2-2.5.1.0

ModuleAnimateEmissive

NearFutureProps.zip

StationPartsExpansion

TweakScale_-_Rescale_Everything-v2.1

UbioWeldingLtd

Thanks for the infoand the craft, that is actually the NaN bug, so far really no freaking idea why this happens, it applies if the rootpart is a structuralpart that is normally tiny.

Try using the top tank as rootpart this should solve the problem, at least it worked for me.

BUG: Having parts with a different scale, the welded part looks distorted.

DESCRIPTION: Parts may have a "scale" tag (eg. "scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2") which modifes their actual size. If this tag is missing, the size for each dimension is set to 1.0, which will result in a bad resized part.

SOLUTION: Add the "scale" tag to each module description in the welded part. (I have tested it by editing the cfg file by hand it this works perfectly).

Thank you! :)

BUG: Having parts with a different scale, the welded part looks distorted.

DESCRIPTION: Parts may have a "scale" tag (eg. "scale = 2.2, 1.5, 2.2") which modifes their actual size. If this tag is missing, the size for each dimension is set to 1.0, which will result in a bad resized part.

SOLUTION: Add the "scale" tag to each module description in the welded part. (I have tested it by editing the cfg file by hand it this works perfectly).

Thank you! :)

Thanks, It should only be added if the part is not in its default scaling, which parts where affected by this?