[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

2 minutes ago, 1something said:

The top one works fine, but the bottom one linked to modular management doesn’t.

It should be working now. I forgot the repository on private status, my bad.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

I would LOVE to use this mod, to solve my 5 FPS problem due to a 500 part ship.

However while testing the mod, I connected several parts together (1 x command pod, 2 x hitchhiker, 2 x MPL) and this is what I got out of it:

Spoiler

screenshot89.png?ex=66074b7d&is=65f4d67d

screenshot88.png?ex=66074b7d&is=65f4d67d

Also I noticed in the OP it mentions hatches. Are these the hatches built into the command pod. hitchhiker, and MPL? Does that mean I could only use one hatch? How do you get inside the other parts if there is only 1 hatch?

Edited by kspkat

19 hours ago, kspkat said:

However while testing the mod, I connected several parts together (1 x command pod, 2 x hitchhiker, 2 x MPL) and this is what I got out of it:

Hide contents

screenshot89.png?ex=66074b7d&is=65f4d67d

screenshot88.png?ex=66074b7d&is=65f4d67d

Send me your KSP.log. I have a hunch about what it can be, but I want to be sure analyzing your log first.

Additionally, what are these parts? I recognized the Mk1-3 and the Hitchhiker Storage , but I don't know the two between them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 2:53 PM, Lisias said:

Send me your KSP.log. I have a hunch about what it can be, but I want to be sure analyzing your log first.

Additionally, what are these parts? I recognized the Mk1-3 and the Hitchhiker Storage , but I don't know the two between them.

The 2 x MPL (Mobile Processing Lab) actually turns out to be a mod (StationPartsExpansionRedux) and therefore may not be compatible with this mod. I do not have a craft file because I just dragged out some parts to test but I can get one by redoing the weldment. I do not have a log file but I can get one by redoing the weldment. Realistically though I am not sure anyone would weld those together and lose the hatches. Anything with a hatch I do not weld anymore. You may be able to skip this one unless you feel like fixing it.

Here is what I was going to post:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I would like to say I really appreciate the mod. It has helped me get a 700 part ship down to under 200 which means I can add more and more stuff to it. I have learned a lot about the mod and it's behaviors and worked around them.

Sorry for the following wall of text. I would like to offer feedback and knowledge of the problems I have run into. Some of these may not be listed on the OP. Some mod conflicts may not be listed on the OP.

KSP v1.12.5.3190
Making History v1.12.1
Breaking Ground v1.7.1

Affected mods:
- UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued (v2.5.4)
- Near Future Launch Vehicles (v2.2.0)
- CryoTanks (v1.6.5) / CryoTanks Core (v1.6.5)
- Patch Manager (v0.0.17.6)
- Entire mod list is inside archive / folder below

I made a skylab (science station) and created a nuclear transfer stage for it. I separated the transfer stage and removed the engines and extendable ladders from it. I welded together the remaining fuel tanks, reaction wheels, rung ladders, and struts. This rocket is SO big you need the "Hangar Extender" mod.

Things I've noticed:
- Extensible Ladders are not OK - but rung ladders are OK (in my testing)
- There appears to be an issue when making a weldment containing a "nflv-fueltank-75-1.cfg" cryotank from "Near Future Launch Vehicles" (fixed by manual edits to part file)
- There appears to be a graphical glitch (not terribly important) (not important)
- There appears to be an issue when making a weldment containing a reaction wheel(s) and/or electrical storage / batterie(s) (turns out this is problem with Near Future Electrical Systems)

I'll go one by one and explain:

Ladders:

Spoiler

I've found that the extensible ladders are a problem as mentioned in the OP but I have tested and noticed when welding the rung ladders or inline ladders they seem to be OK. Maybe more testing is needed.

"nflv-fueltank-75-1.cfg" cryotank from "Near Future Launch Vehicles":

Spoiler

It turns out when making a weldment containing the fuel tank from NFLV that there are some bugs. The cooling functions are broken. The button is missing and they work but take 0 ec/s. I looked at my craft file for the welded part and noticed there were two sections for "ModuleCryoTank". Simply removing one section made the cooling tanks work, they consume ec properly, and the button shows up again. This is because there were two "ModuleCryoTank" sections, one put by your mod, and one put by a parts patch that makes the cryotanks work (GameData\CryoTanks\Patches\CryoTanksFuelTankSwitcher.cfg). Because there were two of these sections the game crapped out and broke. Removing the section your mod puts in place fixes it. They prolly the same but I don't know how to write/edit patch files so I removed the hard coded one in the weldment craft file. Then patcher adds that "ModuleCryoTank"

"nflv-fueltank-75-1.cfg" cryotank from "Near Future Launch Vehicles" graphical glitch:

Spoiler

I suspect something wonky is going on in the model section where it has trouble picking a style of tank. So what you end up with is a tank that glitches between two or more styles. This is a low priority issue, something that can be lived with. But if you can fix it that'd be nice :) though these are procedural tanks I just realized which may not be supported.

Electrical storage & Reaction wheels:

Spoiler

I noticed the reaction wheels were not using any EC. I am not sure why - I checked for a duplicate like previous issue. I can't seem to figure out why the reaction wheels use 0 EC. If anyone can help me figure out why that would be awesome. But I have suspicions that the problem might be that I've welded both batteries and reaction wheels in the same weldment. I suspect I can only have a capacity of EC OR I can have electric charge consumption but not both in same weldment. I will test this later by welding the batteries separate from the rest and see if this fixes the problem and makes the reaction wheels use EC again.

Over all most of this is not required to be fixed but would be nice. In the case of not fixing maybe adding these notes to the OP would be helpful to others.

Notes:

- Struts are wonky, sometimes/always will get disconnected leaving a gap between strut and tanks
- "Procedural Tanks" are "Procedural Parts" therefore not really supported
- Procedural / Modded parts may be incompatible (unless made compatible)
- RUNG / INLINE ladders are OK - extensible ladders are NOT OK.
- Cannot contain both batteries (electricity storage) and power sinks (parts which use power) in same weldment (still need to confirm this)
- These tanks are technically "procedural tanks" as I have found out inspecting the part files which falls under "procedural parts" I believe. They work, just some bugginess.

For now I can use it the way it is with the cooling system working and the reaction wheels drawing 0 EC/s but it would be nice to at least know how to manually fix it, and a mod update would be even better.

I have included a link to a google drive folder with everything needed to debug. Save game file is there, ship file is there, welded part file is there, parts list file is there, logs are there, mod list and ckan file are there. There is also a rar file uploaded to discord if you prefer that.

The ship name has a prefix. "uw" is signifying that the part/ship is NOT welded. "w" is signifying that the part/ship is welded. Example: "skylab-0008n-uw" is the entire ship no welded parts. "skylab-0008n-w" is the entire ship with welded part added. "skylab-0008n-uw-0001" is the first and only part that I welded. I removed extensible ladders and engines / thrust plate. 

GOOGLE DRIVE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-3bA4_eJ4t2ubyduhHQXLHb4esmFRlrk

RAR FILE: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618884275542032404/1221894315937370225/skylab-0008n.rar?ex=66143cc2&is=6601c7c2&hm=6883c79eea4c38d9aee3517ce4121d22bb9e0ff6f258b132e2d8e50573c02b83&

P.S. the welded part file is modified to remove the "ModuleCryoTank" section, and I think I increased the reaction wheel torque and EC rate. Everything else is as it was after weldment. This is a half manually fixed file the only problems with it now are the reaction wheels consuming 0 EC/s.

P.P.S. Note to others: I've included ship & save files - no rocket shaming :P Complaints about choices of parts etc can be sent to my DM/PM inbox and I might get to them at some point. Please do not clutter the thread with these things. Please respect the OP. Thanks :) 

Spoiler

screenshot109.png?ex=6614781f&is=6602031

appears to be two styles of tank. It flies though :D

Update: You can ignore this report if you like.

- The graphical glitch is not that important.
- The reaction wheel EC problem actually exists outside of the weldment and is related to Near Future Electrical

I guess the only thing you get out of this report is that rung/inline ladders actually do work unlike the extensible ladders. I would also add the mods "CryoTanks" and "Near Future _________" as incompatible mods.

Sorry about the inconvenience I am finding a lot of this out as I go. I've left my OP just in case you wish to debug the issues with NF tanks even though they are procedural tanks and not supported.

Edited by kspkat
update