[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

I checked it out briefly. at first glance it looked like the color coded collars were a bit hard to discern in the little flight window.

Ok, worked on it even more. I'm not sure at this point, it's much easier to tell who they are even when they're wearing their helmets in flight and they're facing directly towards the camera, but is it too much?

HiWUsZg.jpg?1

O9ZQAJm.jpg?1

E03ibjD.jpg?1

tPSvwD1.jpg?1

(val set to wearing tourist suit for demonstration)

GRnmaZw.jpg?1

7TstDaB.jpg?1

KxOT2GA.jpg?1

in 2.4.4 you have written in the changelog:

• disabled texture compression, mipmap generation and unloading by default, these functions will be removed in the next major release

but in 2.4.5, it says:

• re-enabled texture compression, mipmap generation and unloading

what ever happened to removing these functions? Or were you specifically removing the function of disabling these? Could you please clarify what you meant exactly?

I disabled them (only in config file) because DDS textures solve almost all issues addressed by these features.

There were some complaints, so I reenabled them.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be possible to have a "set kerbals to pre-sets" button in the GUI which does set kerbals in existing games?

That could be done.

Ok, worked on it even more. I'm not sure at this point, it's much easier to tell who they are even when they're wearing their helmets in flight and they're facing directly towards the camera, but is it too much?

That looks great. Do you have it up somewhere?

Ok, I made this so my Tourists would have something other then a purple space suit to wear. I got a kick out of it, so I thought I'd show you guys:

2015-06-05_00001_zpspl9xcxu7.jpg~original

It's pretty crude, so I probably won't release it.

You can't see the back, but it says "If found please return to: Gunther Kerman 1 Lithobrake Way, KSC."

Edited by Capt. Hunt

As far as I see, if KSP has texture in *.assets (for example sharedassets2/GalaxyTex_*.tex which are 2.8Mb DXT1 files), it loads it to ram despite the fact that I have different GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\GalaxyTex_*.dds set, right?

Ok, I made this so my Tourists would have something other then a purple space suit to wear. I got a kick out of it, so I thought I'd show you guys:

Someone asked me to make Hawaiian shirt pattern space suits for the tourists. apparently nobody likes purple.

As far as I see, if KSP has texture in *.assets (for example sharedassets2/GalaxyTex_*.tex which are 2.8Mb DXT1 files), it loads it to ram despite the fact that I have different GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\GalaxyTex_*.dds set, right?

No, it only loads to RAM on your graphics card and it is unloaded when replaced.

Incoming update to the Star Trek TOS suit pack.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm working on this thing. The Star Trek space suit from the original series episode "The Tholian Web."

What do you think?

tos-309-the-tholian-web-300x225.png

Also included in the update will be the Unique suits for all four orange suits, rather than all having to share the orange command level suit. The texture is finished, I just don't have any pictures. On the other hand, the textures for the Tholian Web suit are unfinished but I have pictures of them.

Edited by GregroxMun

hZ3fHVg.jpg

Oinker's Skybox 'n' Stuff - Cool kids aren't afraid of the dark

I was notified that the dropbox links are down - it was due to high traffic - so I uploaded Skybox 2.0 brighter to Spacedock. I'll upload the others soon enough. But first, I have some kerbals to kill.

This skybox approximates what the naked eye can see when not adjusted for darkness (fewer visible stars). Made using Tycho super-hi-res image.

Drop into \GameData\TextureReplacer folder. It seems a lot brighter when you're surrounded by it than it shows in that banner.

skybox - 4096 DDS's DXT1 (no mipmaps for a skybox)

envmap - 256 png's (TR needs png)

[#] - Sky-Brite Scale 1-10

Oinker's Skybox Original [5] - dropbox link

Oinker's Skybox 2.0 [3] - dropbox link

Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4] -http://spacedock.info/mod/1131/Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4]

Oinker's Endraxial Planet Pack Reduced - dropbox link (mipmapped - for her pleasure)

Endraxial's planets (some by proot) reduced. Smaller planets blurred some to avoid such a jarring transition to terrain textures. Use the extra ram for parts.

Oinker's EVA Visor - EVAvisor with transparency / EVAvisor no transparency - Before you say, "But... It's just plain", try an EVA.

Oinker's Proot City Lights DDS - dropbox link

A conversion of his detail texture that goes along with his excellent Kerbin Lights png. Eliminates sparklies for many. (requires EVE)

Oinker's 8K Kerbin Clouds - dropbox link Hand-painted out the seam. Better than the one that's been around since the beginning. From the NASA Blue Marble image. Pushed the contrast for more black so you get fewer days with volumetric clouds and an otherwise clear sky.

Copy files to /GameData/BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures (requires EVE). Alt-N while in orbit over Kerbin, set kerbin1 texture to -5E-05 speed. Set detail1 scale to 14. Click that drop-down to shrink the settings page and Alt-N to close it from there.

Oinker's Blizzy Toolbar Icons for MechJeb and other stuff. dropbox link

A small collection of improved icons and icons for some custom MechJeb windows (various authors).

Use with:

Texture Replacer (required)

Distant Object Enhancement (i use dynamic dimming off and 2.0 brighter skybox with 72% max brightness)

Environmental Visual Enhancement

PlanetShine

Edited by Oinker

Is it possible to have mulitple suits assigned to a class, for instance, applying both a gold or green suit to pilots as opposed to only having one by default and switching to green for others?

No.

/10chars

http://i.imgur.com/hZ3fHVg.jpg

Oinker's Skybox 'n' Stuff - Cool kids arern't afraid of the dark

This skybox approximates what the naked eye can see when not adjusted for darkness (fewer visible stars). Made using Tycho super-hi-res image.

Drop into \GameData\TextureReplacer folder. It seems a lot brighter when you're surrounded by it than it shows in that banner.

skybox - 4096 DDS's DXT1 (no mipmaps for a skybox)

envmap - 256 DDS's DXT1 (no mipmaps for small textures like icons and this reflection)

Oinker's Skybox Original [6] - dropbox link

Oinker's Skybox 2.0 [4] - dropbox link

Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [5] - dropbox link

Use with:

Texture Replacer (required)

Distant Object Enhancement (i use dynamic dimming off and regular 2.0 skybox with 100% max brightness)

Environmental Visual Enhancement

PlanetShine

The time has come for a new skybox. :)

EDIT: Are those the pleiades I see in the corner of your banner?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm probably really missing something, but I cannot make custom visor texture be seeing in EVA.

Created "EVAVisor.png" & placed in in Default directory.

Similar "kerbalVisor.png" works perfectly good in IVA.

What could I miss there?

UPD: Nevermind, case sensitive issue. Would be nice to perform toLowerCase or toUpperCase transformation in code to prevent similar problems.

Edited by Horus
update

What is that? Never heard of it. I am familar with the Bortle Scale, I suppose it is something similar, but the other way around.

This is what Stellarium renders with Bortle 1 (perfect viewing conditions, only found in deserts)

stellarium-000.png

This is with Bortle 6 (bright suburban sky, probably more familiar :-))

stellarium-001.png

If that is what you intended, it's pretty good, this Brighter 2.0:

screenshot2.png

What I do not like is the low contrast. I will play around with Distant Object Enhancements. But there seems to be a problem with some of the faces of the box - north seems completely wrong, possibly others too, I do not recognize many constellations.

Edited by hirschhornsalz

OK so 2 questions:

1) I have a set of female head textures, but when I put them in the heads folder they get added to the pool of random male head textures. how do I keep separate gender textures apart?

2) In the load screen (and only the load screen) Valentinas helmet has no visor. Is this a vanilla game issue or a missing texture?

OK so 2 questions:

1) I have a set of female head textures, but when I put them in the heads folder they get added to the pool of random male head textures. how do I keep separate gender textures apart?

2) In the load screen (and only the load screen) Valentinas helmet has no visor. Is this a vanilla game issue or a missing texture?

1. Add female heads to "femaleHeads" list in a configuration file (look other texture packs). Don't use @Default, it will get overwritten when you'll update TR.

2. That's vanilla issue.

1. Add female heads to "femaleHeads" list in a configuration file (look other texture packs). Don't use @Default, it will get overwritten when you'll update TR.

could you possibly be much more explicit with what you mean? which config file? how do I add them?

could you possibly be much more explicit with what you mean? which config file? how do I add them?

Add texture paths inside Heads/ dir, without file extension and "/" for separator on all OSes. Look config files from texture packs or Extras/DiverseKerbalHeads.cfg.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.