[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

16 hours ago, Cetera said:

TextureReplacer hasn't been updated by Shaw for 1.1 yet.  There is a fix to make the plugins work in 1.1, but the plugins and configurations are the same as they were in 1.0.5.  However, Squad rewrote the UI from the ground up in 1.1.  The current navball is a completely different element than it was in 1.0.5, so texture replacer doesn't do anything with it.  Shaw or someone else will have to figure out the new implementation and how to take it over and replace it.  Until that happens, it won't work.

Currently, the 1.0.5 version of TextureReplacer modified to work with 1.1 will replace suit textures, kerbal textures, skyboxes, and planetary textures.  Those really didn't change.  However, the lighting, reflections, etc, are all different in Unity 5, and will need to be figured out and reworked when Shaw has some time to do it.  

TR has been updated for KSP 1.1 by me (based on RangeMachine's patch), and it's official version 2.4.13, I just haven't updated the title of this thread yet, because I didn't realise KSP 1.1 is officially out already. You can get it on Course and GitHub, it's tagged as Beta and Pre-release respectively.

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

It changed somewhere in the last day or so for a bunch of people (myself included). x64 is now the *secondary* option for launching KSP. I had do put the exe in the launch options manually.

Thanks Beetlecat, that is exactly what happened to me as well.  x64 used to be the top option with x32 as the bottom option, but I had some issues with internal files on STEAM, did a "Verify integrity of game cache"; STEAM re-downloaded 6 files and then the x64 option was moved to the bottm and the x32 became the default.  Personally, I liked it better w/x64 as default, but w/e.

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

It changed somewhere in the last day or so for a bunch of people (myself included). x64 is now the *secondary* option for launching KSP. I had do put the exe in the launch options manually.

That makes sense why it kept crashing for me. What command line did you use for 64bit? I know 64bit is still a bit unstable for me at least. Random crashing here and there. I guess squad is on it.

8 minutes ago, TG_bigboss said:

That makes sense why it kept crashing for me. What command line did you use for 64bit? I know 64bit is still a bit unstable for me at least. Random crashing here and there. I guess squad is on it.

This was posted way back in 2014 when they supported x64 the first time, but it still works in STEAM launch options:

On 7/21/2014 at 1:43 PM, Strainborm said:

1. Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options...

2. type in the following: "the path of KSP_x64.exe" %command%

ex: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command%

3. run KSP as usuall

4. enjoy your 64 bit KSP!

5. ???

6. PROFIT!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, shaw said:

TR has been updated for KSP 1.1 by me (based on RangeMachine's patch), and it's official version 2.4.13, I just haven't updated the title of this thread yet, because I didn't realise KSP 1.1 is officially out already. You can get it on Course and GitHub, it's tagged as Beta and Pre-release respectively.

Are the visor reflections fixed as of the official 1.1 or are they still broken? 

4 hours ago, Cetera said:

You are absolutely correct.  I stand corrected.  I hadn't launched it in a bit, but tonight I noticed exactly what you are talking about.  Thanks for the update.

Is that one of the textures from a previous KSPRC version?

If so, I've had some difficulty with it myself.  I'm not sure of the cause, but I also got texture corruption with things too, and planets and maps started looking like they were in 8-bit color.  I eventually just stripped everything out of TextureReplacer except for my suit pack, a few heads I still have from previous texture installs that I'm not certain I can identify any longer, and @Poodmund's skybox.

Yeah Cetera that is one of the diffuse map textures from old ksprc v. 0.5 i think. Just noticed it's not maybe even worth to trying to solve it anymore since Proot is near to release new version of KSPRC to 1.1 :) If i have time today and no new version yet i'm going to get back to this issue for sure but tbh have no idea why textures looks like that. Thanks ill just do the same now so only suits & skyboxes for me also :D

10 hours ago, TG_bigboss said:

Here's what I used-- since I also wanted the -popupwindow option:

"M:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow

Your path may vary, obviously. :)

Should texture-replacer with no extras installed play nice with these graphic mods?

• Distant Object Enhancement
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Planetshine
  • Scatterer
  • Stock Visual Enhancements

And to further the question, am I duplicating anyone's effort by having all those together?  Thanks! :)

Can't replace the skybox.

I downloaded the textures, placed them in the TextureReplacer/Default folder, I checked in the log file that the skybox textures are indeed loaded, but the game still displays the stock skybox. What am I doing wrong?

36 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Should texture-replacer with no extras installed play nice with these graphic mods?

• Distant Object Enhancement
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Planetshine
  • Scatterer
  • Stock Visual Enhancements

And to further the question, am I duplicating anyone's effort by having all those together?  Thanks! :)

Naw you are good.  I use all of those and TR.  

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Installed the 1.1 version and my Skybox is getting replaced, but the NavBall texture is not. Has something changed there?

TR and 1.1 aren't perfect yet.  The navball can't be replaced currently.

25 minutes ago, cicatrix said:

Can't replace the skybox.

I downloaded the textures, placed them in the TextureReplacer/Default folder, I checked in the log file that the skybox textures are indeed loaded, but the game still displays the stock skybox. What am I doing wrong?

The skybox's are working for me just fine. Do you have the most current TR? 

On 4/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, Beetlecat said:

You can put the exe in the launch options?  Please do tell!

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

You can put the exe in the launch options?  Please do tell!

I didn't put it in a code block before, so it may not have been obvious-- here's my launch string, spaces and all. Just [edit] and paste right into the Launch Options box:

"M:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I didn't put it in a code block before, so it may not have been obvious-- here's my launch string, spaces and all. Just [edit] and paste right into the Launch Options box:

Oh wow, thank you that makes it easier.  Been using Steam since it was created and didn't know you could do that (I mean, I knew the popupwindow thing)

Edited by Alshain

Woah! People are starting to "like" my old endraxial planet textures! :D - One note, the textures in that imgur album are actually a little out of date. I fixed the alpha masks on the textures and they're less shiny now.

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Woah! People are starting to "like" my old endraxial planet textures! :D - One note, the textures in that imgur album are actually a little out of date. I fixed the alpha masks on the textures and they're less shiny now.

I have been using them since I can remember!  They are great now if the are less shiny all the better! 

@shaw or any other TR commandos --

I'm experiencing black ("missing?") textures on Snark's new IndicatorLights with TextureReplacer present. Is there a need to "whitelist" these parts, or perhaps there's something missing from the part definitions that TR is "evaluating" and leaving them blank (or with a black overlay)?

"Totally asking for a friend..."

3 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I have been using them since I can remember!  They are great now if the are less shiny all the better! 

That's very encouraging for me :) - It's really Endraxial that all the credit goes to. I'm happy I was able to get in touch with her and pass the textures on to the next generation of kerbals :)