[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 1/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, Electrocutor said:

The result was that TextureReplacer was causing horrendous fps and physics dips in spikes around once every 100-200ms. This behavior can be exacerbated by adding additional mods or config settings (it doesn't matter what or which) that will cause physics lag, processing time, or fps drop. Eventually, it will become so bad that it also affects the physics processing time even though the CPU is hardly even being used. Once it reaches the state where your physics flash between green and yellow even just sitting at the launch pad on a brand new save, you can then remove and re-add TextureReplacer from your GameData folder to observe what it is causing.

Sounds a lot like a garbage collection issue.

I found an old illustration of Mars and its canals and just slapped it on Duna. I would love to have a Duna with canals but I have had problem running Kopernicus so I may just have to settle for a texture overlay. It would take a bunch of redrawing as I want the appearance to at least attempt to mirror the terrain.
And, of course, remove the text.
32531818626_40ff984f90_o_d.png

Reworked Stock still uses Kopernicus which, to start, causes all my flags to explode as soon as I plant them. It also slows my system down more than I should like. Maybe if I had a better system I would try Outer Planets Mod and  Duna Restoration Project.

What I have done, though, is take the map from Duna Restoration Project and fed it into Texture Replacer. It doesn't fix the terrain issues but it does make it look better. I've been drawing canals on that texture to make it a little more what I want but haven't gone full 19th Century color. My painting skills need to improve before I can do that.

As to the skybox, I found something called EVE Skybox Updated. Earlier in the thread there are a bunch of EVE skyboxes shared. I'm not sure this one is one of those because I got it a few months back and now when I go looking for it again online all I find are dead links. I have uploaded it though so you can get what I have here. http://www.tasigh.org/temp/EVE Skybox.zip

18 hours ago, MalevolentNinja said:

Sounds a lot like a garbage collection issue.

No, it's just the way of doing reflections. I created my own mod that uses a single long-range ReflectionProbe per vessel and is set to time-sliced individual faces; it removes all the chugging.

I'm now working on blending a short-range probe per part that starts at the center, but moves to the closest collision face when a kerbal or another vessel is nearby. This is inherently expensive, though; so I am trying to build some logic that makes better sense. There is also the issue of KSP using multiple main cameras, which causes the projection of reflections to get wonky (at least I think that is what's causing it).

28 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Question, why isn't range-man machine version of texture manager not the official version of texture manager? what about all CKAN users that want to use reflections?

I understand where you are coming from , but at the same time, nothing is stopping CKAN users from installing manually. And really, if the CKAN devs wanted to,  they could add rangemachines version easily. Why it hasn't been added is beyond me. They have already included other forks of other popular mods on CKAN. I don't know what's different about this one.

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

I understand where you are coming from , but at the same time, nothing is stopping CKAN users from installing manually. And really, if the CKAN devs wanted to,  they could add rangemachines version easily. Why it hasn't been added is beyond me. They have already included other forks of other popular mods on CKAN. I don't know what's different about this one.

Well that a shame because some of KSPI-E parts contain reflections, which only seem to work with Texture Replacer from ragemachine. Until reflection isn't integrated in the CKAN version, I cannot really recommend texture replacer in CKAN config file :(

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello everyone! Just ran some tests and it looks like Texture Replacer causes FPS drop about 20-30 FPS (from 60 to 40 or from 95 to 66), even without any textures to replace, with reflections off.

Just dll itself causes FPS drop. Anybody noticed this behavior?

I'm looking for black space suits.  It appears that any of the texture packs that have them have broken links.  does anybody know where I can find some?

- Jett

Edit:  I haven't noticed any lag after installing this mod.

Edited by Jett_Quasar

14 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone! Just ran some tests and it looks like Texture Replacer causes FPS drop about 20-30 FPS (from 60 to 40 or from 95 to 66), even without any textures to replace, with reflections off.

Just dll itself causes FPS drop. Anybody noticed this behavior?

Yes. Came here to check actually. I have about 170 mods installed, and it never runs great per se (20-40 fps) but it's always manageable... unless there are Kerbals visible anywhere. I can handle explosions, light on the oceans from scatterer, high res everything, nothing causes any problems, but if one kerbal is around, I'm lucky if I get 3 fps. Took a while to track down as I've mostly been doing unmanned missions, but I'm absolutely sure it's something to do with the Kerbals. I think it's a good bet if more than a few of us are having the problem, it's probably this. My reflections are turned off as well after reading another post in this thread saying they were the problem, but it didn't seem to help appreciably.

I'm interested in helping solve it but I'm kind of a dummy for programming and such. If someone could point me to whatever useful log file or whatever they need I'd be happy to send it to the mod's developers.

On 1/28/2017 at 0:23 PM, CaptKordite said:

I found an old illustration of Mars and its canals and just slapped it on Duna. I would love to have a Duna with canals but I have had problem running Kopernicus so I may just have to settle for a texture overlay. It would take a bunch of redrawing as I want the appearance to at least attempt to mirror the terrain.
And, of course, remove the text.
32531818626_40ff984f90_o_d.png

Lowel, an upcoming planet for my HSoC mod:

Lhhq60K.png

The heightmap is directly lifted from Lowell's map and then modified to be an actual planet. (Which means also that some of the darker albedo features of Mars are visible in ocean form)

Edited by GregroxMun

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I literally just started a Career game on 1.2.2 and Texture Replacer v2.5.4 (plus a few other small-ish mods), built a command pod with a mystery goo container attached to gather the very first bit of science. I got out of the pod and ran away from the launch pad in order to get a report from another biome. And the game crashed out of nowhere.

Here's the logs.

I'm not 100% sure if it's Texture Replacer's fault, but the last actions on the output log before the list of system DLLs begins are these:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomConfigsManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
	AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PersistentEmitterManager' from assembly 'SmokeScreen'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
	AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TRActivator' from assembly 'TextureReplacer'

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'TRGui' from assembly 'TextureReplacer'

Crash!!!
Edited by Shadow86

2 hours ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

I have a question, what file responds for spacesuits? i just wanna make possible to walk without helmet everywhere.

// Remove IVA helmets in safe situations (landed/splashed and in orbit).
  // This is only initial setting for new games! Use the GUI to change it later.
  isHelmetRemovalEnabled = true

// Spawn a Kerbal on EVA in his/her IVA suit without helmet and jetpack when
  // in breathable atmosphere (+ sufficent pressure).
  // This also enables "Toggle EVA Suit" option in Kerbal's context menu.
  // This is only initial setting for new games! Use the GUI to change it later.
  isAtmSuitEnabled = true

// Minimum air pressure required for Kerbals to wear their IVA suits on EVA.
  atmSuitPressure = 50

// List of planets/moons with breathable atmospheres where Kerbals can wear
  // their IVA suits on EVA.
  // The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
  // Duplicated lists are joined.
  atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum

You can find this in:

...\KSP*\GameData\TextureReplacer\@Default.cfg

and is easily made with editing existing *.cfg or trough MM patch.

Edited by sebi.zzr

Ok, so im having an issue with making a custom fairing texture. My issue is that the fairings uses the dds format, and as its my first time using the format im clueless on how i need to save it for ksp to render it right. Every time i save it, using paint.net , it shows as just plain grey in ksp.

So my question is, what settings do i need to save the dds image with for ksp to render it correctly in game?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.