[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

Wanted to stop by and say thanks for tree toppler :) - Galileo (I'd ping you if I wasn't mobile :P) said you had a fully updated version for 1.2 on your github and all he had to do was recompile it to get it out to the masses. So... Thanks Magico :)

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Wanted to stop by and say thanks for tree toppler :) - Galileo (I'd ping you if I wasn't mobile :P) said you had a fully updated version for 1.2 on your github and all he had to do was recompile it to get it out to the masses. So... Thanks Magico :)

I hadn't gotten around to testing them, so I hadn't uploaded them anywhere yet. I really need to do that... Glad that they appear to be working though, and if you see any issues let me know. I'm tentatively planning on trying to actually come back to KSP this week.

21 hours ago, Jacke said:

Thanks for updating your modlets, @magico13! :)

BTW, is Wwwwwwwww suppose to have its .dll directly in GameData?  Unlike the others, it doesn't have a subdirectory under GameData.  I though only ModuleManager.dll lived down there. :)

No, you're right it's supposed to have one. Feel free to create one yourself. I'll fix it tonight. It won't actually hurt anything either way at least.

Edit: Fixed. Since CKAN is based on SpaceDock for W9 it should start picking up the fixed version within an hour or so. Manual downloads are just sneakily updated. Just fixed the file structure, nothing new.

Edited by magico13

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, New Horizons said:

The first post promises Field Experience as the first here? But I cannot find it in here. Is this still existent?

The functionality was rolled into Stock KSP with 1.2. It's now an option in the game settings. Older versions are still available under the "No Longer Maintained" header of the OP.

• 2 months later...

Would it be possible for Tree Toppler to have an "Advanced Progression" option where I you dont have to farm science, but the next node is only unlocked if you have made the initial "unlock" funds purchase of more than a quarter or half the previous node's parts? I love using the Historical Tech Tree, but unlocking nodes that cost up to 100 Science for the first level unlocks 1/4-1/3 of the tree.

Edited by Galahir950

1 hour ago, Galahir950 said:

Would it be possible for Tree Toppler to have an "Advanced Progression" option where I you dont have to farm science, but the next node is only unlocked if you have made the initial "unlock" funds purchase of more than a quarter or half the previous node's parts? I love using the Historical Tech Tree, but unlocking nodes that cost up to 100 Science for the first level unlocks 1/4-1/3 of the tree.

Tree Toppler has a "Disable Costs" option that can be used to unlock individual nodes. It's be more clicking since you still have to click the nodes, but doesn't require spending any science. For nodes that you aren't able to unlock through the Stock buttons, Tree Toppler adds a "Force Unlock" button in the top right when a node is selected that allows you to force it unlocked. You could just use that and unlock the next node after you've unlocked however many parts you feel is appropriate.

Edited by magico13

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted a poll on Patreon asking what people would like me to focus my development efforts on for the month of April. Normally these will be patron only polls (they're the ones giving me money each month after all), but since my Patreon page is fairly new I'm opening it up to everybody for the month of April. You're welcome to vote on it at the following link, though it might require a Patreon account to vote: https://www.patreon.com/posts/what-should-on-8591938

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

Are the Dated Quicksaves and Ship Save Splicer modlets compatible with 1.3?

DatedQuicksaves might be. Ship Save Splicer is not. There is a recompile for 1.3 on my build server. You'd have to download the last release of each modlet you want, then replace the .dll with the one you download from the build server. I haven't tested them yet, just recompiled them.

2 hours ago, ghost_depla said:

Is field experience compatible with ksp 1.3?

No, nor is it with KSP 1.2, as it was added as a stock game setting in KSP 1.2. Check your difficulty settings, there should be a setting for Kerbals earning experience immediately.

2 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

@magico13 is it bug that Sensible Screenshot dont let me to take a screenshot in VAB/SPH? Without it hangar screens appear in Screenshots folder normally,,, :(

Yeah, that's a bug. It should be running everywhere. Is it working correctly in other scenes?

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, that's a bug. It should be running everywhere. Is it working correctly in other scenes?

I've noticed just now that screen is appearing in screenshots folder, but immediately disappears... And yes, this bug occur only when sceenshoting at VAB/SPH, all other facilities and Space Centre are ok.

Edited by ZobrAA

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

@magico13 I've noticed MagiCore.dll inside of modlets folder of latest release, is it normal? Or we still need GameData\MagiCore\MagiCore.dll ?

Shoot. I thought it was packaging them correctly but I clearly messed that up. It should be in its own folder. I'll manually fix that today and will have to adjust my build script again.

Edit: Alright, I think I fixed that and I updated the build script so it shouldn't happen again.

Edited by magico13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.