[1.4.1] Magico13's Modlets (Sensible Screenshot, Dated QuickSaves, etc.)

magico13

You can mark them as debris in the tracking station. You can also terminate them. I personally prefer to claw or bump them into a decaying orbit first.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the button? I would really like to find it. And using the claw (or other means of recycling) is on the agenda once I have the tech to do so ;) Also: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/495

Could you please provide a screenshot of the button? I would really like to find it. And using the claw (or other means of recycling) is on the agenda once I have the tech to do so ;) Also: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/495

I'm not surprised. It's one of the more cunningly hidden things in what they call a user interface. I don't think it needs a screenshot though.

• Click your vessel in the tracking station, either the ship or its name in the list on the left.
  • Click the "i" button on the right.
  • Click the name of the vessel in orange on the top.

This will bring up the standard naming window, where you can click "debris" and rename if you'd like.

I'm not surprised. It's one of the more cunningly hidden things in what they call a user interface. I don't think it needs a screenshot though.

• Click your vessel in the tracking station, either the ship or its name in the list on the left.
  • Click the "i" button on the right.
  • Click the name of the vessel in orange on the top.

This will bring up the standard naming window, where you can click "debris" and rename if you'd like.

Yup I found it! A small detail to add is that you need to "own" the object to actually change its type. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
A question about tree toppler... does it work well with Construction time? I might experiment with it if it is.

Great name btw XD

I use it all the time with KCT. If you're playing with KCT's upgrades, you should get all the upgrade points that you're supposed to get. You might need to turn off tech unlock times for it to unlock instantly, I can't remember. I don't recall off the top of my head if having tech unlock times active will make it take time to unlock the nodes.

If you did want it to take time to unlock the nodes (assuming toppling the tree doesn't trigger the time constraints) while not having to pay science costs, you can use the "Disable Costs" option to unlock nodes without paying for them. The nodes that works with is limited by the R&D level though. I might be able to get around the R&D level restrictions if you want/need that.

Dated quicksaves is a really helpful mod, as are many of your mods, and I use a lot of your mods.

One request I have for Dated Quicksaves, could it add a leading zeros as needed to the time? So, Y1D22H5M21S2 would be Y01D022H05M21S02. That would help them stay sorted in order, rather than jumbling up between tens and hundreds, eg.

Great work!

I use it all the time with KCT. If you're playing with KCT's upgrades, you should get all the upgrade points that you're supposed to get. You might need to turn off tech unlock times for it to unlock instantly, I can't remember. I don't recall off the top of my head if having tech unlock times active will make it take time to unlock the nodes.

If you did want it to take time to unlock the nodes (assuming toppling the tree doesn't trigger the time constraints) while not having to pay science costs, you can use the "Disable Costs" option to unlock nodes without paying for them. The nodes that works with is limited by the R&D level though. I might be able to get around the R&D level restrictions if you want/need that.

Awesome. I don't play with the upgrade system but I am considering going with all time related aspects of KCT (Tech unlocks, part research, science, build, rollout, etc...) and possibly unlocking all parts at the start to allow more interesting rockets. Basically a deck'd out science career.

Dated quicksaves is a really helpful mod, as are many of your mods, and I use a lot of your mods.

One request I have for Dated Quicksaves, could it add a leading zeros as needed to the time? So, Y1D22H5M21S2 would be Y01D022H05M21S02. That would help them stay sorted in order, rather than jumbling up between tens and hundreds, eg.

Great work!

linuxgurugamer and I were discussing the creation of a common mod that our mods use for "variable replacement", which I then would use for Dated Quicksaves as soon as it was available. It looks like he's rather busy lately, so that hasn't happened yet, so I might write it up myself and then will switch Dated Quicksaves to use that. When that happens, you'll have the ability to use any of Sensible Screenshots' options, which includes zero padded dates :)

Awesome. I don't play with the upgrade system but I am considering going with all time related aspects of KCT (Tech unlocks, part research, science, build, rollout, etc...) and possibly unlocking all parts at the start to allow more interesting rockets. Basically a deck'd out science career.

If you unlock all the parts, then you won't really have a tech tree to unlock, so tech unlock times won't really matter :P If you need any help setting things up how you'd like, just let me know. I can suggest configs and/or make some tweaks to any mods/modlets under my control.

Edited by magico13
Realized I typed my response inside the quote...

If you unlock all the parts, then you won't really have a tech tree to unlock, so tech unlock times won't really matter :P If you need any help setting things up how you'd like, just let me know. I can suggest configs and/or make some tweaks to any mods/modlets under my control.

Yussssss Eye of the Tiger just started playing on the radio :sticktongue:

Hm... Does Tree Toppler research every part in each tech node as well as the node itself? It would be cool if I could start with a fully "unlocked" tech tree, but I still had to pay money to research each individual part the first time I used it. I'm at work and haven't been able to test out Tree Toppler yet so I cannot say I've done all my research before posting this question, sorry for that :blush:. If this is even relevant, would it be doable?

Hm... Does Tree Toppler research every part in each tech node as well as the node itself? It would be cool if I could start with a fully "unlocked" tech tree, but I still had to pay money to research each individual part the first time I used it.

I explicitly made it follow what the game settings are. So if you have the "part unlocks cost funds" setting on, you still have to purchase the parts with funds. If you have that off, then you'll just get the parts for free. The way I use it is with part unlock costs and only unlocking what I could get based on the R&D level (all higher nodes then are locked, which is one of the options of Tree Toppler). Basically, I turned off the entire science aspect of my game and only use funds+reputation.

I roleplay it as a private corporation who doesn't develop the parts themselves, but instead sources them from other manufacturers. The R&D center acts as a test facility, so manufacturers won't sell me parts when I have no means to properly test them (hence requiring R&D upgrades), and I have to pay an initial premium before they'll let me buy each individual part (perhaps for the initial setup of the assembly lines they'll need specifically for my company). Then I just focus on completing contracts to pay for the things I want to do and don't worry about trying to grind out the tech tree at the same time.

I explicitly made it follow what the game settings are. So if you have the "part unlocks cost funds" setting on, you still have to purchase the parts with funds. If you have that off, then you'll just get the parts for free. The way I use it is with part unlock costs and only unlocking what I could get based on the R&D level (all higher nodes then are locked, which is one of the options of Tree Toppler). Basically, I turned off the entire science aspect of my game and only use funds+reputation.

I roleplay it as a private corporation who doesn't develop the parts themselves, but instead sources them from other manufacturers. The R&D center acts as a test facility, so manufacturers won't sell me parts when I have no means to properly test them (hence requiring R&D upgrades), and I have to pay an initial premium before they'll let me buy each individual part (perhaps for the initial setup of the assembly lines they'll need specifically for my company). Then I just focus on completing contracts to pay for the things I want to do and don't worry about trying to grind out the tech tree at the same time.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear :D! Amazing. I'll definitely be adding this to my career stream in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Dated QuickSaves and Sensible Screenshot have been updated. A mostly minor update for Sensible Screenshot to now require MagiCore.dll, a mod I wrote to unify the String translator code so that this can happen: Major update to Dated QuickSaves to now depend on MagiCore.dll so you can name the quicksaves with whatever silly combination of date/time/vessel name/KSP version/etc you want (same ones as Sensible Screenshot). Additionally, Dated QuickSaves now does autosaves at a configurable interval (in minutes, integers only please) with the same ability to name the save. FINALLY, you can also set the number of quicksaves and autosaves to retain. Any extras will get automatically purged. It doesn't recognize quicksaves from older versions though, so you'll have to purge those manually.

Let me know if you find any issues, but hopefully this update is worth the wait!

One thing that I just noticed: Sensible Screenshot bases its date and time on the default Kerbal calendar, which looks funny on my RSS screenshots. It would be great to have dates and METs in Earth time if that setting is being used. It would be super-cool to give an actual date starting from Jan 1 1951, like KAC does, but having METs that are four times too long just looks funny).

I have a few questions:

What is
MagiCore.dll
?

And where does it come from?

Do you have all licenses needed to distribute this file?

I think I don't upgrade till I know, because we can get both in trouble.

MagiCore v1.0.0 (9/24/15) [KSP 1.0.4]

Description: A core utility mod initially designed so Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves can share "string translation" features. I'll probably add other common utilities into it and start requiring it in other mods. It should be included by default in Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves, and CKAN should have it indexed separately. It will install to KSP_Folder/GameData rather than its own folder, so look for it there.

License: GPLv3. Also included in the zip file.

(5char)

(5char)

Well, I should have read this post to the end, before googling it and panic because Magicx has a dll (in their software package) related to screenshoots with the same name, too.

I was just about to delete that when I found out you had already answered.

Edited by Bizz Keryear
grammar

I have a few questions:

What is
MagiCore.dll
?

And where does it come from?

Do you have all licenses needed to distribute this file?

I think I don't upgrade till I know, because we can get both in trouble.

As 5thHorseman pointed out, it's a .dll I wrote so that Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves can share code primarily for the string translation features I wrote originally for Sensible Screenshot. It's what enables both mods to have the same variables for filenames without requiring duplicate code. Since I wrote and licensed it I definitely have the right to distribute it ;)

If you look immediately below the Sensible Screenshot and Dated QuickSaves headers in the first post, it includes a link to the repository where it's hosted, which is pretty obviously authored by me. Additionally, all of this information is also found at the bottom of the first post in a section about the dll, which 5thHorseman has quoted.

Now that I think of it though, I should change the license from GPLv3 to MIT in case anyone else ever uses it for their mods.

I downloaded DatedQuickSaves 1.1.0 via CKAN and it seems the ZIP (91EDDC00-DatedQuickSaves-1.1.0.zip) contains old source code. At least I don't see any of the new features or calls to MagiCore in DatedQuickSaves.cs (and I haven't found it on github, either).

The question, I actually wanted to answer myself by looking into the source: Is there a way to disable the deletion of older quicksaves? If so, what would I have to set MaxQuickSaveCount to?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.