[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

17 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Does this work in 1.3? I've gone 2 pages back but no info

To expand on my previous reply. I took a look at the code and it doesn't compile in 1.3 as stands. I was able to edit it enough to get a basic compile but I haven't done any serious testing (only built a couple of parts in an MKS inflatable workshop) and I don't have a deep understanding of the mod to know where any pitfalls might be. I'm also hesitant to publish the modified code when the original author has been on the forum recently.

On 24/06/2017 at 8:05 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

To expand on my previous reply. I took a look at the code and it doesn't compile in 1.3 as stands. I was able to edit it enough to get a basic compile but I haven't done any serious testing (only built a couple of parts in an MKS inflatable workshop) and I don't have a deep understanding of the mod to know where any pitfalls might be. I'm also hesitant to publish the modified code when the original author has been on the forum recently.

Hmm, I got it to recompile but I couldn't get it to do anything in the game.

ObiVanDamme hasn't posted anything in a while and I would certainly be grateful if you could post a release, with no warranty that is actually works or obligation to provide support.

23 minutes ago, tomf said:

Hmm, I got it to recompile but I couldn't get it to do anything in the game.

ObiVanDamme hasn't posted anything in a while and I would certainly be grateful if you could post a release

I put a pull request on @ObiVanDamme's GitHub repository with my changes. You can get my modified DLL from there. (Click the files changed tab then the view button beside the DLL file to get a download link)

31 minutes ago, tomf said:

with no warranty that is actually works or obligation to provide support.

According to his profile ObiVanDamme was last on the forum 3 weeks ago which isn't all that long really. If he stays away for a while longer I'll consider releasing a "continued" version.

On 27/06/2017 at 8:47 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

I put a pull request on @ObiVanDamme's GitHub repository with my changes. You can get my modified DLL from there. (Click the files changed tab then the view button beside the DLL file to get a download link)

According to his profile ObiVanDamme was last on the forum 3 weeks ago which isn't all that long really. If he stays away for a while longer I'll consider releasing a "continued" version.

You sir are a saint among men!

Could somebody help me with this little problem of mine?

Where can I change max part size that 3D printing lab can make? I can´t find anything in worshop config file, or anywhere else, just number of kerbals required to man the lab for it to work.

The limit of 300 is very restrictive- Thanks for help!

3 hours ago, leopardted said:

Could somebody help me with this little problem of mine?

Where can I change max part size that 3D printing lab can make? I can´t find anything in worshop config file, or anywhere else, just number of kerbals required to man the lab for it to work.

The limit of 300 is very restrictive- Thanks for help!

Doesn't it have to do with the KIS inventory space you have handy? As in, you need a container with 1000L of space to build a 1000L part?

5 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Doesn't it have to do with the KIS inventory space you have handy? As in, you need a container with 1000L of space to build a 1000L part?

Not really, I added some KIS space but it had no effect. I searched the thread and found that there was limit in the config file that set the size of the allowed part, but now there is not. Searched it several times, I have no idea how hardcoded the 300 limit is

5 minutes ago, leopardted said:

Not really, I added some KIS space but it had no effect. I searched the thread and found that there was limit in the config file that set the size of the allowed part, but now there is not. Searched it several times, I have no idea how hardcoded the 300 limit is

No @Krakatoa is correct. The only limit on the size of the part that can be printed is the size of the largest KIS inventory container on the current vessel.

The relevant section of code is here. Line 250 asks KIS for a list of all inventory containers on the vessel then line 260 looks to see which part has the highest available volume and sets the _maxVolume limit to that size.

1 minute ago, Aelfhe1m said:

No @Krakatoa is correct. The only limit on the size of the part that can be printed is the size of the largest KIS inventory container on the current vessel.

The relevant section of code is here. Line 250 asks KIS for a list of all inventory containers on the vessel then line 260 looks to see which part has the highest available volume and sets the _maxVolume limit to that size.

I´ll use this advice and check it again, thanks for helping and clearing it out!

1 hour ago, leopardted said:

I´ll use this advice and check it again, thanks for helping and clearing it out!

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you check out USI Core. It has a bunch of large containers (Kontainters) including KIS ones. The 5m ones are quite voluminous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.