[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

@ObiVanDamme Wouldn't it be a little better to change the MM patch for the Large Crewed Lab section to...

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]:FOR[Workshop]

...to enable any science lab to produce science parts?  Or were you intentionally trying to restrict it to the large MSL?  Just curious mostly...

9 hours ago, rasta013 said:

@ObiVanDamme Wouldn't it be a little better to change the MM patch for the Large Crewed Lab section to...

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]:FOR[Workshop]

...to enable any science lab to produce science parts?  Or were you intentionally trying to restrict it to the large MSL?  Just curious mostly...

WHY YOU STEAL MY THUNDER? :angry:

Okay, I'm calm. I just came here to post exactly that. Alternatively you could use "ModuleScienceConverter", as I know PlanetaryBaseInc has the Central Hub that has the ModuleScienceLab but not the ModuleScienceConverter (it's not quite a lab, can reset stuff but that's about it I think). What I mean is, ModuleScienceConverter might cover more cases, as opposed to the 99.1% coverage @rasta013's suggestion provides. :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

WHY YOU STEAL MY THUNDER? :angry:

Okay, I'm calm. I just came here to post exactly that. Alternatively you could use "ModuleScienceConverter", as I know PlanetaryBaseInc has the Central Hub that has the ModuleScienceLab but not the ModuleScienceConverter (it's not quite a lab, can reset stuff but that's about it I think). What I mean is, ModuleScienceConverter might cover more cases, as opposed to the 99.1% coverage @rasta013's suggestion provides. :sticktongue:

That's an even better suggestion than my own.  You're exactly right that it would cover more and also would probably eliminate a few that maybe shouldn't be in there (not sure how the extra HabTech experiment labs or something like Station Science would handle the ModuleLab).

8 hours ago, rasta013 said:

That's an even better suggestion than my own.  You're exactly right that it would cover more and also would probably eliminate a few that maybe shouldn't be in there (not sure how the extra HabTech experiment labs or something like Station Science would handle the ModuleLab).

Station Science is actually neither if memory serves and is a custom converter that just straight converts EC to Eurekas. It's the "StationScienceModule". No idea on HabTech.

Meaty post coming at you....

I went through the Module Manager patch for Workshop, and I tweaked a few things and you can see my suggestions below, in addition to the above mentioned science lab patch.

Quick questions on the recipe system: do they stack or are they mutually exclusive? For example: crewReports are a ModuleScienceExperiment that happens to be in all manned ModuleCommand's, so which recipe has right of way? Also, do the recipes need to be in the OSE_Recipes.cfg to work?

---

I also seem to be getting an NRE with the workshop, relating to determining the max volume of available inventories (KIS related). I've tried with and without the MaxPartVolume field, doesn't matter (think you deprecated it this update anyway?). I've found the error is specific to OseModuleWorkshop, but I sort of need that module:D.

Spoiler

160618T041218.622 [ERROR] [Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume] [OSE] - Error while determing maximum volume of available inventories!
160618T041218.622 [ERROR] [Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume] [OSE] - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
160618T041218.622 [ERROR] [Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume] [OSE] -   at Workshop.KIS.KISWrapper.GetInventories (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadMaxVolume () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
160618T041218.623 [EXCEPTION] [Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadFilters] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.LoadFilters ()
   at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.OnStart (StartState state)
   at Part.ModulesOnStart ()
   at Part+.MoveNext ()

---

Regarding the suggestions below, I noticed you had a Recipe for ModuleEnginesFX, but not for ModuleEngines, so I changed it to ModuleEngines* (assuming it to be an oversight). Likewise, I believe your EPL patch was missing a "%" (I rewrote it slightly differently). Here are the patches, feel free to use if you like them:

Spoiler

//-------------Science Lab (Stock)--------------//
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter],!MODULE[OseModuleCategoryAddon]]:FOR[Workshop]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = OseModuleCategoryAddon
    Category = Science
    IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech
  }
}

//-------------Station Science Research Lab--------------//
@PART[StnSciLab]:FOR[Workshop]:NEEDS[StationScience]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = OseModuleCategoryAddon
    Category = Science
    IconPath = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_advsciencetech
  }
}

// Productivity for ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
@PART[OSE_Workshop]:FOR[Workshop]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:BEFORE[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExWorkshop
		ProductivityFactor = 5
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FOR[Workshop]
{
	OSE_PartRecipe
	{
		MaterialKits = 1
		RareMetals = 1
	}
}

Edited by Deimos Rast

I really like the changes in regards to the ScienceConverter. This will go into the next update. I am experiencing the NRE as well, but cannot tell where it comes from and it does not always show up. This needs more investigation.

The recipe system currently only allows a single recipe for a part. If more than one OSE_PartRecipe is added to a part via MM the last one that is returned by the config API is used. 

Hi @ObiVanDamme can you have a look at how MaterialKits are consumed in background? Look like they are not consumed while the craft is on rail.

I have a left a craft building and extracting MaterialKits , MK were not increasing, I went to space center went back to craft and I have a lot more of MK

9 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@brusura AFAIK OSE Workshop works only when the builder craft is loaded. There's no background processing. You can use timewarp to speed up the process.

I see, 3D printing lab may not work in background, while the material extractor share the same module as the stock converter ? That would make sense

Thanks

On 24.6.2016 at 3:01 PM, brusura said:

I see, 3D printing lab may not work in background, while the material extractor share the same module as the stock converter ? That would make sense

Thanks

That is exactly whats happening. I am already trying things out to make the printing process work in the background. I hope I will get that done some times.

On 6/25/2016 at 10:33 PM, ObiVanDamme said:

That is exactly whats happening. I am already trying things out to make the printing process work in the background. I hope I will get that done some times.

A billion years ago I submitted this patch to EPL to make it work in the background, might help you.  Basically just store the last timestamp, and then when you load, use "now - last timestamp" instead of TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime for figuring out how much time has passed.

var unitsToConsume = Math.Min(resourceToConsume.Units - resourceToConsume.Processed, TimeWarp.deltaTime * ProductivityFactor);

becomes

double currentTime = Planetarium.GetUniversalTime ();

dobule timeDelta = currentTime - lastupdate;

var unitsToConsume = Math.Min(resourceToConsume.Units - resourceToConsume.Processed, timeDelta * ProductivityFactor);

lastupdate = currentTime;

Then there's some funky stuff to get KSP to store a double; I'm not sure if that's still necessary in KSP 1.1.

If you do implement background processing, the next request is going to be for Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms. :) 

Here's the API: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/api.html

And here's two patches to use as reference: EPL KAC, Davon Supply mod KAC

I love this mod, has used it to launch multiple probes, even an manned return from Gilly. latest was an lander to land 800 ore on eve from gilly.
Making spare parts is an bonus :)

However I have one problem in not being able to build anything from the science tab, I could in the old 0.11 version. 
q2FIVhbl.png
This is the tabs I have, first is eva parts, then an tab with various stuff, mostly eva stuff, then the tabs up to the various parts, no science. 

also I can not exit the workshop, I get an hatch is obstructed, can't exit message, I thought it was my design but I can not exit from an lab with nothing connected to either. 

22 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@magnemoe Yeah, obstructed hatch is a known bug which appeared with KSP 1.1. I will fix the model when I have time. For now you can transfer kerbals to another pod.

Assumed something like that and no big issue as it will always be used as part of an base. main issue is that you can not exit the kerbal and pick up the new part for use.

Regarding the issue with science parts I saw this in the changelog.

• Added CategoryAddon module that unlocks part categories in the workshop menu
  • Added CategoryAddon for all categories except "Science" to Workshop
  • Added CategoryAddon for "Science" to Mobile Processing Lab

I assume this either put the science part creation in the mobile processing lab or that its needed for the workshop to make science parts. 
I prefer to use the planetary bases mobile processing lab for bases but even then testing with the stock I was not able to get science parts up either:
I wonder if something is broken in my game?

On 30.6.2016 at 0:19 PM, magnemoe said:

I love this mod, has used it to launch multiple probes, even an manned return from Gilly. latest was an lander to land 800 ore on eve from gilly.
Making spare parts is an bonus :)

However I have one problem in not being able to build anything from the science tab, I could in the old 0.11 version. 
q2FIVhbl.png
This is the tabs I have, first is eva parts, then an tab with various stuff, mostly eva stuff, then the tabs up to the various parts, no science. 

also I can not exit the workshop, I get an hatch is obstructed, can't exit message, I thought it was my design but I can not exit from an lab with nothing connected to either. 

You need to have the 3D printer and a science lab on your vessel to print science parts. That was one of the changes in the last release.

On 27.6.2016 at 10:18 AM, hab136 said:

A billion years ago I submitted this patch to EPL to make it work in the background, might help you.  Basically just store the last timestamp, and then when you load, use "now - last timestamp" instead of TimeWarp.fixedDeltaTime for figuring out how much time has passed.

var unitsToConsume = Math.Min(resourceToConsume.Units - resourceToConsume.Processed, TimeWarp.deltaTime * ProductivityFactor);

becomes

double currentTime = Planetarium.GetUniversalTime ();

dobule timeDelta = currentTime - lastupdate;

var unitsToConsume = Math.Min(resourceToConsume.Units - resourceToConsume.Processed, timeDelta * ProductivityFactor);

lastupdate = currentTime;

Then there's some funky stuff to get KSP to store a double; I'm not sure if that's still necessary in KSP 1.1.

If you do implement background processing, the next request is going to be for Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms. :) 

Here's the API: http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/api.html

And here's two patches to use as reference: EPL KAC, Davon Supply mod KAC

Unfortunately this will only allow background processing of the current item that is building and not the rest of the queue. So it is not that simple. The basic Idea is right i think, but the implementation is a bit more complicated.

3 hours ago, ObiVanDamme said:

You need to have the 3D printer and a science lab on your vessel to print science parts. That was one of the changes in the last release.

Checked it and it works :)

My problem is that I use the lab from planetary bases on my bases, you know of a way of adding them?

On 5.7.2016 at 6:14 PM, magnemoe said:

Checked it and it works :)

My problem is that I use the lab from planetary bases on my bases, you know of a way of adding them?

You can take a look at the MM patch that adds the addon to the science lab and add the same patch for the lab you use. In the next update I will change it so that the addon will be added to all parts that have the science lab module and not only to specific parts. that should solve it as well.

1 hour ago, ObiVanDamme said:

You can take a look at the MM patch that adds the addon to the science lab and add the same patch for the lab you use. In the next update I will change it so that the addon will be added to all parts that have the science lab module and not only to specific parts. that should solve it as well.

Thanks I will do that :)

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm confused.

I can't find a single part that holds MaterialKits, sooo...how does the workshop make anything?

(Also my game crashed a while after launching with this installed.  I'm not even sure it was OSE that's causing this, or a mod conflict elsewhere, but I was tinkering with a the OSE workshop at the time.  I do know I have a more recent KIS version and that might be why.)

On 8/7/2016 at 6:53 AM, Kyrt Malthorn said:

So I'm confused.

I can't find a single part that holds MaterialKits, sooo...how does the workshop make anything?

(Also my game crashed a while after launching with this installed.  I'm not even sure it was OSE that's causing this, or a mod conflict elsewhere, but I was tinkering with a the OSE workshop at the time.  I do know I have a more recent KIS version and that might be why.)

There's two containers: OSE-3000 Materials Container and OSE-6000 Materials Container.  Make sure you have both "communityResourcePack" and "Firespitter" in your GameData (they're included in the download)

2 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

silly small and quick question: is there an equivalent of the EL recycler? .. i cannot seem to find an UKSOSE recycler-ish part .. or am i doing sth wrong/beeing blind?

ty

Dunno about EL recyucler, but if your need is to recycle parts inside KIS container, then from right click on the 3d printing lab, there also the option to open the recycler.

Edited by brusura

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.