[1.4.1] Fuel Tanks Plus 2.0.2 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

On 10/8/2020 at 5:33 AM, Krzeszny said:

Also, most   but not all of the FTP tanks spawned with your patch installed aren't full of fuel by default (if you go through the parts list, look for ones with a value and (max: X) in the description.

That's easy to fix, but before I release it, please see below:

Here's a spreadsheet  that shows the dry mass ratios and fuel mass ratios for the non-patched FTP tanks and stock tanks   and the suggested changes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRB7qTuA5QGTE47vcz3xpQ8tIlWJob7G_5aIiyVpigQSpXya1GpmAB5TgQdWDMTez87m47_af30XxFU/pubhtml

Conclusion: Only 7 FTP tanks are somewhat unbalanced or have unrealistic volumes  (although not by very much): 

• Oscar-Cap (too large volume)
  • Oscar-C (too heavy)
  • FL-T50 (too heavy)
  • FL-T100-FTP Dome (too large volume)
  • Rockomax FTP-8 Dome (slightly too large volume)
  • S3-12000-FTP Dome (too little volume)
  • S3-2400-FTP Nose Cone (too little volume)

I don't understand your spreadsheet.  If I'm reading it properly (looking at the Oscap-Cap), you say the fuel should be 40.  That's what it is in the original file, and frankly, it's way to high.  When I calculated the volumes, I got  LiquidFuel = 6.119 and Oxidizer = 7.479.  If you aren't seeing these values, then there is a different problem.

I have a spreadsheet which lets me calculate the correct volumes of tanks, given their dimensions.  I've used this on several other mods, and the patch shows the values I calculated.

Sorry it took so long to get to this, it's not a mod I've adopted and is really low on my priority list.  But I'll definitely see your reply and if soon enough, will be able to work on it over the weekend.

Happy Holidays

Edit:  I just realized the problem.  I specified the amount in the patch, not the maxAmount.  Will try to get this out this evening

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi all, 

Happy Holidays to you all.  As a small gift, here is an updated patch for NecroBones FuelTanksPlus, which correctly sets the maxAmount as well as the amount.  It also takes care of the fuel tank masses, etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5amcz50znkew42u/FTP-Patches-v4.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf0gc8a6lzjpfo6/FTP-Patches-v7.zip?dl=0

I'll keep this on top of my priority list for a few days, so if you find problems, please let me know ASAP.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Since the Oscar tanks are incompatible with ReStock+'s 0.625  tanks  rebalance, I suggest making it so that   the extra 0.625 FTP tanks are hidden if MM detects that ReStock+ is installed.

I haven’t aded this yet.   Hopefully soon.

Another update to my patch.  While checking some values, I found a transposed column in my spreadsheet, which caused lots of issues. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hea1uhaf3pgxbo/FTP-Patches-v5.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf0gc8a6lzjpfo6/FTP-Patches-v7.zip?dl=0

ChangeLog

v4
    Added maxAmount to all settings

v5
    Fixed bad mistake on spreadsheet, which caused many of the values to be way off
    Added patch for ReStockPlus.  If ReStockPlus is installed, then the values added are the same as ReStockPlus, which are different than my
    calculations

Feedback is welcome

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Another update to my patch.  While checking some values, I found a transposed column in my spreadsheet, which caused lots of issues. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hea1uhaf3pgxbo/FTP-Patches-v5.zip?dl=0

ChangeLog

v4
    Added maxAmount to all settings

v5
    Fixed bad mistake on spreadsheet, which caused many of the values to be way off
    Added patch for ReStockPlus.  If ReStockPlus is installed, then the values added are the same as ReStockPlus, which are different than my
    calculations

Feedback is welcome

@linuxgurugamer, I think things are broken again with Fix v5.  With and without ReStock, the dry masses of the FTP 2.5m tanks is 1.667t, regardless of tank length, and the propellant loads are also off - the tanks have more than what their proportional scaling says they should have (ex., a -128 tank has more than double the LF/Ox than a Jumbo-64).

Also, I'm still getting the same three WRN messages pop up in MM, as I noted 21 Dec.  I've saved logs with and without the .bat files being executed and the results are the same.  Excerpts posted below:

Spoiler

Mods added by assemblies:

[LOG 12:10:24.449] Loading Physics.cfg
[LOG 12:10:24.452] Extracting patches
[WRN 12:10:24.466] trailing : detected
[WRN 12:10:24.467] trailing : detected
[WRN 12:10:24.467] trailing : detected

[LOG 12:10:24.472] Deleting node in file FuelTanksPlus/fuelPatch subnode: @PART[TPcone0m1]:BEFORE[FuelTanksPlus]/@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS
[LOG 12:10:24.472] Deleting node in file FuelTanksPlus/fuelPatch subnode: @PART[TPcone0m1]:BEFORE[FuelTanksPlus]/@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]:NEEDS[ReStockPlus] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

and here:

[LOG 12:10:24.820] :AFTER[ZFUELTANKSPLUS] pass
[LOG 12:10:24.821] :FINAL pass
[LOG 12:10:24.821] Done patching
[WRN 12:10:24.822] 3 warnings related to GameData/FuelTanksPlus/FixBulkheadProfiles.cfg
[LOG 12:10:24.822] Saving Cache
[LOG 12:10:24.968] Saving cache
[LOG 12:10:25.381] ModuleManager: 500 patches applied, found <color=yellow>3 warnings</color>

[LOG 12:10:25.381] Ran in 1.540s
[LOG 12:10:25.405] Done!

I can provide full logs on request, but this is running nothing but KSP, w/o expansions, and FTP.  I'm running KSP 1.11 on Win10Pro 20H2.

P.S.: Just as an aside, what mod displays Part Info in the PAW?  I just noticed it doesn't appear to be a Stock function.  MJ? KER?  I'm running over 60 mods, and my quick-and-dirty diagnosis process is to temporarily delete them all, clear MM, then restore from the recycle bin later.

P.P.S.: Just reconfirmed for myself: with and without ReStock, the 2.5m tanks from FTP 2.0.2 - unpatched - have correct masses and LF/Ox fuel ratios scaled relative to their Stock counterparts.  I haven't looked at any of the other FTP tanks (so many...) to see if anything else is getting thrown off by the Patch.

Edited by KSPrynk

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't understand your spreadsheet.  If I'm reading it properly (looking at the Oscap-Cap), you say the fuel should be 40. 

Not sure if you've realised it yet but the values in the spreadsheet are the ACTUAL values with FTP installed. I included realistic values in the comments when you hover over red cells.

Red means big problems and yellow means smaller problems with the values in the spreadsheet.

Edited by Krzeszny

14 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

Not sure if you've realised it yet but the values in the spreadsheet are the ACTUAL values with FTP installed. I included realistic values in the comments when you hover over red cells.

Red means big problems and yellow means smaller problems with the values in the spreadsheet.

I don't have time for this right now, busy with 1.11 updates.  If you think you have good values, why don't you update it and send it to me, I'll review and make it available if you like

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Ever considered to simply texture swap for different colors/textures for these tanks?  There are still some very useful tank sizes, but several are duplicates of stock and possibly SpaceY.  Drop the duplicates, make each single size of tank have multiple textures like the orange tanks, white tanks, Saturn V, etc (using stock swap?), then merge this with NecroBones SpaceY, I think you'd end up with fewer tanks in the parts list but more colors and functions (especially if firespitter and something like a cinfigureable container mod can change fuel types).  It might be a bit of work to get that done, but it probably would be easier to maintain in the future with fewer individual tanks and only 1 mod instead of 2.

8 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

@linuxgurugamer Ever considered to simply texture swap for different colors/textures for these tanks?  There are still some very useful tank sizes, but several are duplicates of stock and possibly SpaceY.  Drop the duplicates, make each single size of tank have multiple textures like the orange tanks, white tanks, Saturn V, etc (using stock swap?), then merge this with NecroBones SpaceY, I think you'd end up with fewer tanks in the parts list but more colors and functions (especially if firespitter and something like a cinfigureable container mod can change fuel types).  It might be a bit of work to get that done, but it probably would be easier to maintain in the future with fewer individual tanks and only 1 mod instead of 2.

I'm not maintaining this, for the reason that it's not really needed anymore.  And my patches above seem to not hit the mark.  As I said earlier, I don't have time for this.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not maintaining this, for the reason that it's not really needed anymore.  And my patches above seem to not hit the mark.  As I said earlier, I don't have time for this.

Fair enough - the root of the suggestion was to merge whats worth it in this mod into the SpaceY mod (mainly the longer versions of the 2.5m and the caps), and basically abandon this one as superfluous, thereby reducing your workload by dropping this one completely after the semi-merge.

20 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Fair enough - the root of the suggestion was to merge whats worth it in this mod into the SpaceY mod (mainly the longer versions of the 2.5m and the caps), and basically abandon this one as superfluous, thereby reducing your workload by dropping this one completely after the semi-merge.

Well, SpaceY only needs a patch which I've made available.  @NecroBonesseems to be gone, I don't expect any updates from him.  And while I love the SpaceY parts, they are starting to look a bit dated.

Anyway, too much to do right now, so SpaceY will remain a patch only for now

I wish I knew more about how to do the artsy stuff, but I realize I simply don't have that as a talent.  Thanks for keeping these alive, they really do fill necessary niches (at least for my play style), especially for building space stations and long-haul tankers. Get Davon for resupply and a couple of those huge tanks and round end caps, bolt them together in orbit with a bit of USI magic and some station parts and thats my space depot.  I find it fun to put the engines on a seperable stage, a docking port to connect and disconnect them, drop them off in orbit then dock and "weld" the circular tank ends on for aesthetics )and add structure or struts via KAS)... yep.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Sorry for my extremely long absence. I've moved on to a variety of other things, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm not maintaining these mods anymore. Zer0Kerbal has requested taking over maintenance of my mods, and so I've added him to the list of authors on Spacedock and Curseforge, so that these can continue to be updated to work on current versions of KSP. Thank you everyone for all of the love and support over the years. All of this has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe, and has been some of the best online experience I've had to date. So I'm quite glad that others are willing to pick up the mantle and allow these mods to continue to be used.

Thanks everyone!

@HebaruSan@DasSkelett

Edited by NecroBones

• 2 months later...

Oh, that's good to hear.

Here's something not so good to hear, errors I found while trying to find why MM doesn't let KSP launch (and it's most likely not those):

[WRN 16:36:28.034] Cannot create config from file 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelTanksPlus\Probe\000_TPtankP_MM.cfg'.
[ERR 16:36:28.040] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 16:36:28.040] Cannot create config from file 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelTanksPlus\Size0\000_TPtank0m_MM.cfg'.
[ERR 16:36:28.044] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 16:36:28.044] Cannot create config from file 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelTanksPlus\Size1\000_TPtank1m_MM.cfg'.
[ERR 16:36:28.052] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 16:36:28.052] Cannot create config from file 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelTanksPlus\Size2\000_TPtank2m_MM.cfg'.
[WRN 16:36:28.062] Cannot create config from file 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FuelTanksPlus\Size3\000_TPtank3m_MM.cfg'.
[ERR 16:36:31.021] Error: Empty part config file

Those files are empty. Why are they even there?

Edited by Krzeszny

• 2 months later...

Thank you again @NecroBones for letting me adopt these glorious addons!

I was finally able to figure out how I wanted to set up the GitHub repo - which includes all the previous versions.

New Thread. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:55 AM, Krzeszny said:

Oh, that's good to hear.

Those files are empty. Why are they even there?

Please file an issue here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.