Do you feel KSP is ready for 1.0?

Do you think KSP is ready for 1.0?  

954 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think KSP is ready for 1.0?

• Yes
    • No

I felt this subject was something a person would be much less likely to be on the fence over. I may have been wrong about that, but maybe the two options could help those people to pick a side?

No N/A option forces people to pick sides, and makes the poll biased towards those that have an opinion. Do you want an unbiased poll or promote a cause?

No N/A option forces people to pick sides, and makes the poll biased to those that have an opinion. Do you want an unbiased poll or promote a cause?

I want to promote a black or white answer to the question posed in the title, rather than a whole bunch of "Oh I'm not sure" or "Well maybe it is?" responses that ultimately aren't helpful.

NO.

Not until KSP is running on Unity 5 will it be ready for 1.0. More importantly, all the bugfixes and balance changes need to be the beta test. I'd be fine with getting 0.91 out and THEN going to 1.0, but 0.91 is the beta update, so let us beta test the thing!

This is what I wanted to say

Well this thread was all sots of messed up there for a minute.

The Merge button comes with great power and great responsibility :P

Anyway, I voted a strong No. I would vote twice if I could. I posted in the announced article on my feelings about the amount of bug-fixing and polishing we need, and how long it has been pushed back because they were still adding major systems right up until the end. As a tester we've only been able to get bugs regarding issues outside of whatever was being actively worked on for a few updates now, unless a dev basically took his free time to do it, simply because there wasn't "time" on the schedule or roadmap for it.

I think the progress has been pretty good so far, but its by no means done, and the expansive nature of this next update is going to cause some chaos. Just a a tester, I certainly don't FEEL done.

but reading the other replies, I realized that perhaps the biggest issue is the 64 bit windows version. It's a complete mess. It really shouldn't be published as is. The game certainly certainly should not represent itself as "done" with the 64 bit client operating as it does. At the very least wait for Unity 5. It Unity5 ends up not being good enough to make win64 stable and you're REALLY sure you're done bugfixing and polishing, then you could go to 1.0 and simply stop publishing x64 for Windows until its really ready (offer a beta version of it if you need to I guess)

But going 'Gold' like that and drawing new people in, 90% of who will use the broken 64bit client. Super bad idea.

For those saying its too late now that they announced it; that is bunk. It's going to be easier to save face now than after a bunch of bad press and a disappointing launch.

The poll isn't that great, sorry Hooj, but there's no option for people who think KSP will be ready for 1.0, the poll makes it look like the only choice is to take 0.90.0 at face value.

You can change "is" to "will be" if you like, it's not even my thread any more!

EDIT: Actually, I think the question does still stand. The entire idea is if the game as a whole is ready for "gold" release and leaving Early Access.

The poll isn't that great, sorry Hooj, but there's no option for people who think KSP will be ready for 1.0, the poll makes it look like the only choice is to take 0.90.0 at face value.

I thought it was ready for 1.0 at 0.23. I still think it's ready but in some regards I think it's less ready now than it was then... especially bugs.

I want to promote a black or white answer to the question posed in the title, rather than a whole bunch of "Oh I'm not sure" or "Well maybe it is?" responses that ultimately aren't helpful.

then you aren't registering the audience this poll isn't catering, thus, this poll is biased.

I voted no. But just because with all the new features being added in 1.0 , there will probably need to be another patch after that for bug fixes. :P

But honestly. I feel the game is entitled to a 1.0 release. (Is Squad doing this monetary/marketing reasons? Possibly, but beside the point)

The STOCK game is relatively bug free, and feature complete with the upcoming patch: Note the Keyword STOCK. I, just like alot of you folks mod the game till it crashes :P. But that is not a measuring stick of how stable the game is, Its the STOCK game.

Does the game need more balancing and such? Sure. But Its ready for 1.0 IMHO, and definitely not considered Early Access anymore (compared to alot of Early Access games). Unfortunately there isnt a middle ground between Early Access and Release on steam :P

I personally trust that squad will continue to support and refine the game even beyond 1.0

The main reason I chose no is because we had only one update in beta.

There is a lot of things that need to be done before we could say that the game is complete: one of the most notable one is the lack of "objective" in career mode: a long-term objective which, when complete, would trigger something special would be cool(basically a "congratulation! you finished this career, now continue to run your glorious program!"

PS:hurray for the new size 7!

Hell, rovers aren't even complete. So they are going to push it 1.0, then treat it as beta. Am I correct?

In what way do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

My problem with this view is that we literally don't know exactly how things work in 1.0 or how buggy it will be, so we literally can't give any sort of fully educated opinion on the question. We can tell you what we THINK the answer MIGHT be. We can't tell you what we think the answer actually is though.

then you aren't registering the audience this poll isn't catering, thus, this poll is biased.

Certainly is, but it's asking a question that ultimately none of us can answer without a crystal ball to see how expansive this next update really is, a point that Sal_vager already made. This community only wants the best for KSP, and (right now at least) it seems like the community feels like this is rushing to Gold without any real Beta updates.

I actually could use a neutral poll option, because my answer is "I don't know yet since I haven't seen how extensive the bugfixes are for this next release, how inclusive the additions are, or how well the new systems will be implemented". Assuming that all of the major bugs are squashed, no new major bugs are introduced, and everything mentioned in HarvesteR's blog post comes to pass, then my answer would be a decisive "yes".

Certainly is, but it's asking a question that ultimately none of us can answer without a crystal ball to see how expansive this next update really is, a point that sal_vager already made. This community only wants the best for KSP, and (right now at least) it seems like the community feels like this is rushing to Gold without any real Beta updates.

Ever installed a whole bunch of mods? or made a giant space station?

That's not the basis squad is using for whether the game is ready, though. I'm sure they would like to make the game work well with mods, but if the game works and is (relatively) bug free in stock, that will be their goal. If mods add additional bugs, that's the problem of the mods, not the game, no?

That's not the basis squad is using for whether the game is ready, though. I'm sure they would like to make the game work well with mods, but if the game works and is (relatively) bug free in stock, that will be their goal. If mods add additional bugs, that's the problem of the mods, not the game, no?

My space station with < 150 parts lags the game to hell.

I5-3760K

8G RAM

GTX 770

So instead of adding new features, testing to make sure it's ready, putting the final coat of polish on it, and then releasing, they're going to stick a bunch of new stuff in, hope the thing works properly, and release it?

I'm not sure what the Beta part was here. Before 0.90, they would release new updates, with features, bugfixes, etc. In Beta, they released an update, with features, bugfixes, etc. With 1.0, they're releasing an update, with features, bugfixes, etc. After 1.0, they're going to continue to release updates, with features, bugfixes, etc.

What's changed, besides a (apparently very arbitrary) number?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.