[1.0.5] RemoteTech XF [RemoteTech v.1.6.9]

Pharylon

Whoa. I just saw this now, and it's exactly what I've always wanted from RemoteTech.

Out of curiosity, is the change simply putting 'activate antenna' and 'select target' on the whitelist?

Not quite. When an action is invoked, it checks if

1. It was invoked on a part that implements IAntenna (a RemoteTech interface).
  2. That it is NOT a probe core (since they have built in short antennas)
  3. If the config file allows it to be invoked.

Mostly, it works out to be the same. I could have put those string literals into the whitelist, but this way some other mod that adds something that antennas could do could theoretically work. Also, I think this way is a bit more elegant. :)

Edited by Pharylon

I happen to agree. Separation of data and code and all that. I'm very glad you did this; I was toying with whitelisting as mentioned above for my personal use with RSS, but never got around to downloading the software that would allow me to compile C#.

• 2 months later...
does this work on ksp 1.0?

Just found about this version of RT and I think is AWESOME! :cool:

I rebuild the solution with the latest KSP 1.0 assemblies and it works fine for me (with old version of vanilla RemoteTech).

This is a quick fix, I never touched any mod before, so original devs will have to look at it, since some callbacks aren't handled correctly.

Here is the link to the dll I built: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=962a040ce02741a4&id=962A040CE02741A4%213390

Backup original RemoteTech.dll in GameData/RemoteTech and override it with this.

EDIT: I did more tests and it only works for control, not transmitting science data.

Edited by ArrTeeD2

Any chance of putting this onto CKAN?

That would be nice. I'd like that too.

probes generally have the intelligence to attempt to re-establish connection if they lose it.

So much yes.

Can't wait to start a RT 1.0 career game but using this variation.

Is this version allready working with 1.0.2? Thanks for making this!

No. As a modification of Vanni-RT, dev have to wait on a final RT.dll

to mod again.

Me too still waiting on RT for 1.0.x.

No. As a modification of Vanni-RT, dev have to wait on a final RT.dll

to mod again.

Me too still waiting on RT for 1.0.x.

Thanks for the reply. Really happy to try it when it is released :).

Btw. Is it possible to have the range limited (by menu?) like in this mod : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56440-1-0-AntennaRange-1-8-Enforce-and-Encourage-Antenna-Diversity

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the reply. Really happy to try it when it is released :).

Btw. Is it possible to have the range limited (by menu?) like in this mod : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56440-1-0-AntennaRange-1-8-Enforce-and-Encourage-Antenna-Diversity

Thanks a lot!

Not sure what you mean exactly. Antenna range is limited in RT.

With the vanilla develop pre-release build 336 it's working.

I've forked that build and updated it with XF changes.

Here's the link to my build: https://github.com/thalerro/RemoteTech-XF-1.0/releases/tag/build-develop-336-XF

Thanks! I'll try to get up an "official" version today. I hadn't noticed that RT had updated to 1.0 (I'm taking a break from KSP until the post-1.0 mod community stabilizes and I can feel confident about starting a new long-term campaign).

EDIT: Updated. :)

Possibly good news? RT are 'considering' RTXF incorporation?! Will make it MUCH easier to add RT to existing saves, among other things!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-1-0-2-RemoteTech-v1-6-4-2015-05-07?p=1919730&viewfull=1#post1919730

"...something similar..."

I offered the changes in XF as a pull request a while back. After some discussion, it was rejected by the developers over there, because they felt that it violated the "cardinal rule" of RemoteTech which was, "you can't do anything without connection." Which is fine, because it's their mod and all. I just think the cardinal rule is "Build a cool interplanetary communications network." :D

So, they're aware this is an issue, they just want to solve it a different way. Specifically, I think they want to make probes be able to go into a "looking for a signal" mode. Kind of like real probes do (if something happens to Curiosity and it completely reboots with it's antennas off, it's going to turn them on and try and re-acquire a signal from NASA).

Edited by Pharylon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.