[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Yes, I have.

So I'm confused.... did you stop development on Kopernicus core before testing KopernicusTech? Seems like this new mod should've been tested and should have provided documentation before making it the core mod...

There's no real "development" for Kopernicus core. It's just a config file that has everyone's planets already added so that flight global's aren't used by two of the same planets, which frankly should be handled by mod authors since it's fairly easy to tell which indexes are in use (not that many planet packs out there).

Does this allow the use of all PQS mods? Can we now use map decals? If so that's amazing, and maybe now we can actually get proper ports of the original PlanetFactory planets.

Yes, however I'm still getting the jet-black bug.

No idea why.

Attempting to add Olympus to Skelton as I type this.

Edited by _Augustus_

Can't get vornoi craters working. Trying to apply the PQS mod to planet causes the planet to disappear and floods the debug log with exceptions. Anyone have any luck?

I was wondering why Ablate just didn't show up at all.

I really wish someone would help me figure out what's happening with KopernicusTech and why all non-atmospheric KopernicusTech planets show up all black.

Also how do I generate the .bin files?

Edited by _Augustus_

Question: how do you make gas giants in KopernicusTech? I want to update my Odysseus planet pack, but I still haven't found a way to make gas giants work.

Gas giants are made in the same way as always. How do you think I made Sentar?

Unfortunately terrestrial planets without atmospheres may be buggy and have completely black terrain.

However, atmospheric planets work fine and map decals are possible!

Edited by _Augustus_

Unfortunately terrestrial planets without atmospheres may be buggy and have completely black terrain.

How did you get atmospheric planets to work fine? For me, my non-atmospheric one works (Gilly template, so that might be why) and my small atmospheric planet with a Duna template looks fine in map mode but has duna's texture when in low orbit/landed with a vessel

How did you get atmospheric planets to work fine? For me, my non-atmospheric one works (Gilly template, so that might be why) and my small atmospheric planet with a Duna template looks fine in map mode but has duna's texture when in low orbit/landed with a vessel

Look at the TK configs.

Glad to know that they are all working. Does the atmosphere on scaled space rim also shows up correctly? And also, have you encountered any problem with the rings?

For your black terrain problem... This might not be the solution, but anyway, have you tried to update your graphic card driver?

Edited by Gravitasi

I'm working on atmospheric planets. Trying to add atmosphere with Kopernicus makes it not load at all. Trying to add atmosphere with Kittopia doesn't load any atmosphere? What am I doing wrong? And no, don't say "look at the configs". I did, that's where I got all of the stuff under CelestialBody (From the example Minmus config in Kittopia). Trans-Keptunian don't have any atmospheres so there's nothing to work off of there.

This is my kittopia config.

PlanetCantor
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = True
AddOceanFx = False
OceanLoadTextures = False
UnlitOcean = False
AtmoWaveColour = RGBA(1.0, 0.8, 0.6, 1.00)
ModScaledAtmoShader = True
AddRings = False
AddParticles = False
DisableOrbitRenderer = False
}
CelestialBody
{
ocean = False
atmosphere = True
staticPressureASL = 0.6
atmosphereScaleHeight = 4
atmosphereContainsOxygen = False
maxAtmosphereAltitude = 60000
altitudeMultiplier = 1
altitudeOffset = 0
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier = 0
useLegacyAtmosphere = False
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
pressureMultiplier = 1
rotates = True
rotationPeriod = 40400
initialRotation = 90
rotationAngle = 90
directRotAngle = 90
tidallyLocked = False
inverseRotation = False
inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 100000
atmosphericAmbientColor = RGBA(0.35, 0.325, 0.30, 1.00)
}
PQS
{
PQS
{
minLevel = 2
maxLevel = 8
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSCity
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/CantorPlanets/Cantor_height.png
heightMapDeformity = 12000
heightMapOffset = 0
scaleDeformityByRadius = False
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/CantorPlanets/Cantor_map.png
}
}
}

Unrelated, I'm not getting the black terrain bug, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Ok I figured out my template issue.

Grav, setting a planets template to Tylo doesn't work, no planets will load. If one has a Tylo template none will load. Is this a bug?

Another bug, it might be something in my config, but in map view, the sunlight and night time parts of a planet don't line up respective to the angle of the planet and sun.

Also, a Gilly-template asteroid moon I made looks fine when in game mode, but in map mode it is a sphere with it's texture. No height map. This happens with and without pqs settings.

Edited by Lillz

I'm working on atmospheric planets. Trying to add atmosphere with Kopernicus makes it not load at all. Trying to add atmosphere with Kittopia doesn't load any atmosphere? What am I doing wrong? And no, don't say "look at the configs". I did, that's where I got all of the stuff under CelestialBody (From the example Minmus config in Kittopia). Trans-Keptunian don't have any atmospheres so there's nothing to work off of there.

This is my kittopia config.

PlanetCantor
{
AdditionalData
{
Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = True
AddOceanFx = False
OceanLoadTextures = False
UnlitOcean = False
AtmoWaveColour = RGBA(1.0, 0.8, 0.6, 1.00)
ModScaledAtmoShader = True
AddRings = False
AddParticles = False
DisableOrbitRenderer = False
}
CelestialBody
{
ocean = False
atmosphere = True
staticPressureASL = 0.6
atmosphereScaleHeight = 4
atmosphereContainsOxygen = False
maxAtmosphereAltitude = 60000
altitudeMultiplier = 1
altitudeOffset = 0
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier = 0
useLegacyAtmosphere = False
atmosphereMultiplier = 1
pressureMultiplier = 1
rotates = True
rotationPeriod = 40400
initialRotation = 90
rotationAngle = 90
directRotAngle = 90
tidallyLocked = False
inverseRotation = False
inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 100000
atmosphericAmbientColor = RGBA(0.35, 0.325, 0.30, 1.00)
}
PQS
{
PQS
{
minLevel = 2
maxLevel = 8
}
PQSMod_HeightColorMap
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSCity
{
modEnabled = False
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/CantorPlanets/Cantor_height.png
heightMapDeformity = 12000
heightMapOffset = 0
scaleDeformityByRadius = False
}
PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/CantorPlanets/Cantor_map.png
}
}
}

Unrelated, I'm not getting the black terrain bug, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I don't know about the black texture issue, but the atmosphere settings should be in your system's Kopernicus config, not Kittopia. For me, at least, that works.

Ok I figured out my template issue.

Grav, setting a planets template to Tylo doesn't work, no planets will load. If one has a Tylo template none will load. Is this a bug?

Another bug, it might be something in my config, but in map view, the sunlight and night time parts of a planet don't line up respective to the angle of the planet and sun.

Also, a Gilly-template asteroid moon I made looks fine when in game mode, but in map mode it is a sphere with it's texture. No height map. This happens with and without pqs settings.

The sunlight issue I believe is a bug from Kopernicus, I was hoping that was fixed in this version but unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.. As for your moon without a heightmap in map mod, did you try exporting the scaledspace? There is a button in kittopia to do it.