[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

On 6/12/2017 at 7:59 AM, nightingale said:

Jool's definitely broken, I went out there for a quick test and I couldn't see the... thing.  As for SCANsat, I'll have to check, it's possible that something broke during the long night.

I figure this is from the AnomalySurveyor.dll throwing an error on startup and not loading

[ERR 18:43:31.723] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:31.725] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:31.728] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AnomalySurveyor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithFactory' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter+VelocityHandler' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_0' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_1' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I had little to do this Saturday night so I figured I'd grab a fork from github to see if the AnomalySurveyor.dll would compile.

Not sure if this is right, but after I removed the KSPUtils references that was no longer needed (rolled up into CSharp reference I think), I was getting errors for the 6 lines regarding FlightCamera.fetch.setTarget
My C# isn't great, so I have not idea what to change so it will still work. :confused:

I only figured I might be able to help, but I got out of my depth quickly so I'll be patient and wait for Nightingale to get around to it and no rush.

Thanks for all your work on Contract Configurator and the separate contract packs! I still daydream of "one day" making my own pack that involves adding assets via Kerbal Konstructs to hunt down and having a somewhat story based progression that probably wouldn't even get close to what this pack does. The amount of work you've done is awesome and very much appreciated and enjoyed thoroughly. :cool:

3 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I figure this is from the AnomalySurveyor.dll throwing an error on startup and not loading

[ERR 18:43:31.723] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:31.725] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 18:43:31.728] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'AnomalySurveyor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithFactory' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AnomalySurveyor.MonolithParameter+VelocityHandler' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_0' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass35_1' from assembly 'AnomalySurveyor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I had little to do this Saturday night so I figured I'd grab a fork from github to see if the AnomalySurveyor.dll would compile.

Not sure if this is right, but after I removed the KSPUtils references that was no longer needed (rolled up into CSharp reference I think), I was getting errors for the 6 lines regarding FlightCamera.fetch.setTarget
My C# isn't great, so I have not idea what to change so it will still work. :confused:

I only figured I might be able to help, but I got out of my depth quickly so I'll be patient and wait for Nightingale to get around to it and no rush.

Thanks for all your work on Contract Configurator and the separate contract packs! I still daydream of "one day" making my own pack that involves adding assets via Kerbal Konstructs to hunt down and having a somewhat story based progression that probably wouldn't even get close to what this pack does. The amount of work you've done is awesome and very much appreciated and enjoyed thoroughly. :cool:

Yeah, I've got it compiling - that's the easy part.  The "thing" at Jool doesn't show up, and I haven't had time to dig into why. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.6.2017 at 5:28 PM, nightingale said:

Yeah, I've got it compiling - that's the easy part.  The "thing" at Jool doesn't show up, and I haven't had time to dig into why. :)

Would it be possible to simply remove the defunct Jool part for the moment, release for 1.3, and then add it back in when ready?

That would make the rest "officially" available for 1.3 without any real negatives for the time being.

2 hours ago, Yemo said:

Would it be possible to simply remove the defunct Jool part for the moment, release for 1.3, and then add it back in when ready?

That would make the rest "officially" available for 1.3 without any real negatives for the time being.

I'd prefer not to.  Besides, I've been working on this one a little bit, and should hopefully have it ready in the near future. :)

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alshain said:

TMA-7 Seems to be broken.  I'm standing right at it, coordinates in the upp

Did you look up? In my game the waypoint was ~500m above the monolith. Flying up using the jetpack triggered the completion dialog and marked the contract complete once I got close enough.

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Did you look up? In my game the waypoint was ~500m above the monolith. Flying up using the jetpack triggered the completion dialog and marked the contract complete once I got close enough.

No I didn't know that, I just cheated it to completion because I did what it asked and should have gotten it.

• 4 weeks later...

TMA at KSC does not register my EVA Kerbal and therefore does not complete.

Vessel type gets a green, but Location TMA doesn't want to cooperate. :P

I have Kopernicus installed and use SigmaDimensions to double Kerbin's size - would that pose a problem?

Edit: Anyway, Remembered the waypoint mod ... that is not supposed to happen? :D3YFqWMK.jpg

For me it is at 0 0 9 N 74 35 5 W

Edited by KerbMav

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@wile1411 - Yeah, the Jool bit really broke me (trying to get it working again just wasn't fun).  I plan on re-releasing this for 1.4.0 in some fashion, even if it means cutting the Jool stuff.  We'll see how it goes - no promises.

And not much the community at large can do - unless there's someone with the skills and willingness to take on figuring out how to fix up the code for the Jool sequence and send me a pull request. :)

9 hours ago, nightingale said:

@wile1411 - Yeah, the Jool bit really broke me (trying to get it working again just wasn't fun).  I plan on re-releasing this for 1.4.0 in some fashion, even if it means cutting the Jool stuff.  We'll see how it goes - no promises.

And not much the community at large can do - unless there's someone with the skills and willingness to take on figuring out how to fix up the code for the Jool sequence and send me a pull request. :)

love to hear that this mod is not dead. It always made exploring the solar system more meaningful and involving! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 6:20 AM, nightingale said:

What tools do I need and where should I start looking? I'm a total clueless noob at this point, but I've got plenty of time to see if I can change that.

Edit: I do have experience with reading code, I'm not *that* much of a clueless noob.

Edited by Jognt

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

What tools do I need and where should I start looking? I'm a total clueless noob at this point, but I've got plenty of time to see if I can change that.

Edit: I do have experience with reading code, I'm not *that* much of a clueless noob.

Visual Studio (or the mono compiler) is all you need.  Start by accepting the Jool contract, and then figure out what needs to be changed in code and/or the part config to make the <redacted> spawn correctly (and be visible at a distance).  I can't really provide any more guidance than that (if I could, then I would've found & fixed the problems by now).

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 3:04 AM, nightingale said:

<snip>

Download

CKAN: In CKAN, Select and download the mod "Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor"

GitHub: For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the Contract Configurator release thread.
  2. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the ModuleManager release thread.
  3. The Anomaly Surveyor Contract Pack can be downloaded from GitHub.
  4. SCANsat is an optional dependency and can be downloaded from the SCANsat release thread.
  5. Waypoint Manager is an optional (but highly recommended) dependency and can be downloaded from the Waypoint Manager release thread.

Optional Stuff

1. It is highly recommended that you install Waypoint Manager, as most of the contracts involve visiting a specific place with a high degree of precision. In some cases the Easter egg is big and hard to miss - but some are very small.
  2. If you use SCANsat, then the contracts will have an extra requirement before they show up - you must have done a multi-spectral scan of the area in question. To offset this, if you have SCANsat, the contract rewards are slightly better.

Source

<snip>

Update forum thread link for easy copy/paste.
Notes: Modified a link name from "In-flight waypoints" to "Waypoint Manager", added link to scansat in the option section

6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Update forum thread link for easy copy/paste.
Notes: Modified a link name from "In-flight waypoints" to "Waypoint Manager", added link to scansat in the option section

Wow, it still reference In-Flight Waypoints?  That is OLD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm really liking this and Tourism Plus, thanks for making these @nightingale! These really make career mode fit with my own goals and let me basically ignore all the stock contracts which is great!

One really minor, teeny-weeny, almost not worth mentioning issue; after installing Anomaly Surveyor the loading "tips" shown while loading KSP have been reduced to just "Configuring Contracts", "Surveying Anomalies" and "Loading..." all the other stock tips and others from other mods arn't being shown.

15 minutes ago, katateochi said:

I'm really liking this and Tourism Plus, thanks for making these @nightingale! These really make career mode fit with my own goals and let me basically ignore all the stock contracts which is great!

One really minor, teeny-weeny, almost not worth mentioning issue; after installing Anomaly Surveyor the loading "tips" shown while loading KSP have been reduced to just "Configuring Contracts", "Surveying Anomalies" and "Loading..." all the other stock tips and others from other mods arn't being shown.

While I can't be sure, I doubt this contract pack is the source of that issue. I use it, along with many, many other mods, and I do not have this issue. You've got to have, either something not installed properly/in the right place, or some other mod that affects loading tips interacting with this mod to produce this issue.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to complete the TMA contracts in 1.4.3 and having a problem seeing where TMA-2 is located.

From the KSP Wiki, there should be the monolith at KSC-2 but I'm not seeing it at the latitude/longitude coordinates. I've visually inspected the area, but I still can't see anything.

From the wiki (spoiler'd for those who don't want to know the exact locations):

Spoiler

Kerbin:

One visible from KSC (0° 6′ 8″ N 74° 34′ 6″ W)  <----- this is TMA-0

One by the tracking station at the Inland Kerbal Space Center (20° 40′ 15″ N 146° 29′ 48″ W) <----- this should be TMA-2, according to the map

Are there any known problems with this mod or the other contracts in 1.4.3?  It would be a bummer if this doesn't actually work anymore...

EDIT: Ok... so maybe I'm dumb... once I EVA'd out of the pod, it gave me the dialog and completion. But I still don't see any monolith...

Edited by scottadges

• 3 weeks later...

Both ARE on CKAN. Change the Filter from Filter:Compatible to Filter:All. Now you will see them (And ALL mods on CKAN) in the list 

Right now Contract Configurator is set to KSP 1.4.3 max. (Although it appears to work with 1.4.5) So none of the contract packs will show as compatible. (Since they all have Contract Configurator as a dependency.)

If you want to install with CKAN you need to go to Setting>Compatible KSP versions, and check 1.4.3.2152

This will tell CKAN that you want to see ALL mods that are compatible with 1.4.5 OR 1.4.3. Now you will see Contract Configurator and Anomaly Surveyor in the Filter:Compatible list and can select them to install.

Don't forget to un-check 1.4.3.2152 from the compatible version setting after you finish so you don't accidentally install another 1.4.3 mod that may not be compatible unless you are sure it is. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.