Mech legs

sproginator

I recommend partweld to make your own. depending on the size, you can do girders, structural panels, etc. On my biggest Mech (which failed horribly) I used orange cans covered with structural panels and welded to reduce part count as limbs.

Example:

9U3aeVi.jpg

This guy just uses Girders as limbs. I actually managed to get him to take a few steps without falling over :D

Edited by Slam_Jones

Well, after some cursory forum searching, I've got a few ideas:

Damned Robotics (possibly defunct now) may have them.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63509-Fully-Functional-Bipedal-Mech <-- This thread shows off a mech.

I don't want to build my own weird legs using 300 odd parts that gets it to move at 1mph. I want it to run darn it! Hehe

I'm not a wizardy plugin maker, otherwise I'd do it myself, But this NEEDS to be made, I KNOW that kerbal space program is mad enough to need this! Otherwise, how else are we gonna make Gundam suits?

- - - Updated - - -

And how else am I supposed to give this guy the mobility he deserves?

QjHLx5j.png

I'm not a wizardy plugin maker, otherwise I'd do it myself, But this NEEDS to be made, I KNOW that kerbal space program is mad enough to need this! Otherwise, how else are we gonna make Gundam suits?

- - - Updated - - -

And how else am I supposed to give this guy the mobility he deserves?

http://i.imgur.com/QjHLx5j.png

Giant wheels! :D

What I did was use Infernal Robotics for hinges and rotors, and used his guns as crutches, so he could have multiple points of contact at all times. Kinda just swung the body like, well, a person using crutches.

From there, I've gotten to the point where I can take a few steps, and be able to get back on it's feet after falling over.

Well, you can get right down to it and write a kOS program to get your mech to work along with the infernal robotic parts. I saw some people pulled it off on you tube, and their mech can run (depending on your definition of running, but certainly they are not crawling. Probably faster than kerbal walk.)

Well, you can get right down to it and write a kOS program to get your mech to work along with the infernal robotic parts. I saw some people pulled it off on you tube, and their mech can run (depending on your definition of running, but certainly they are not crawling. Probably faster than kerbal walk.)

What mod do you use that allows you to write a script for IR? Sounds very useful.

This needs to be implemented. I want to make mech suits. I want to drop them from the sky in fairings like in Full Metal Panic! and feel awesome about it. We need​ this.

Thankyou! You get it too! Perhaps we should tag BahamutoD to this? Since he's a coding genius? You know, the guy that made these:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82341-24-2-B-Dynamics-Retracting-vectoring-engines-etc-v1-1-1-%28Aug-11%29

(Look at the critter crawler, I just want giant legs that, when used together, work perfectly <3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.