[1.8.x - 1.12.x] US Rockets (Aerobee/Vanguard/Scout/Juno II/Thor-Delta/Titan 34D-III Commercial-IV) - 8-26-21

raidernick

On 2/11/2016 at 8:28 AM, raidernick said:

Several things have changed with this pack since my absence. I finally updated scout to work with the new KSP aero model. I also just finished Juno-II rocket. Currently I am working on the Vanguard rocket, I have the x-405 finished already.

I am also working on a Juno launcher... any insight into the rocket you're dying to share?

41 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Hurra! Any Juno mod is a good mod! Now we just need a Thor-able, eh?? :)

Could you please add some atlas variants plz? FASA only has D and Agena C, but there is so many other cool Atlas launchers

Bluedog Design Bureau has many variants of both Atlas and Agena (as well as thor and soon Juno), but obviously the art style is a bit different than FASA. And I'm not sure if you're using RO.

42 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

I wanted RO, and I like the style of real launchers.

Those do look cool, though

all my parts are configured for RO. Since this was just released it is not in the current RO stable release, if you want the configs you need to download the git source for RO to get the very latest files.

Also, since nathankell has control of FASA now, he has put me on the project for working on those parts, so I can add new stuff to fasa or take parts from that and use them for other purposes. I can take the fasa atlas and modify it to be other types of atlas without having to remake it from scratch, it is something I will consider.

Edited by raidernick

LOOKIN' NOICE!!!!!

No offense, but I personally don't use these rockets in Stock Game and I just don't like having USA in KSP. (However, I'm NOT advising you shouldn't have them, your game, your rules. Personally, I'm a fan of Stockalike for stock game.)

HOWEVER, if you have RO @raidernick's stuff IS A MUST!!! 

Also, THANK YOU for adding the Actual USA to FASA. FINALLY I can get rid of that UGLY KSP/Kerbal States on my Saturn Vs. :D:D:D

Edited by davidy12

Finished the first stage of the thor-able rocket. I am using a procedural tank upper stage mockup in the pictures.

I am looking for anyone willing to help do the stock fuel/weight/engine/tech/cost configs for these and the juno parts(or any of my parts). I am not good at it and right now these two rockets are insanely overpowered for their size.

I could actually use a dedicated helper for making the stock configs for me as I only do the RO/RSS ones and end up neglecting the stock ones(I get a lot of complaints about unbalanced parts).

cMwy1Iv.png

4f4DT64.png

Edited by raidernick

Added some more detail to the first stage, LOX vents, better normal map and some other minor cosmetic changes. Also, the fins have 4 textures you can switch to, every able/delta rocket had a different paint job so for the game's sake I need to limit myself somewhere on textures or you'd end up with hundreds. I might end up doing 5-10 variations max.

aToDpMI.png

Edited by raidernick

Finished Thor-Epsilon:

This will be the last major update as RO will be making a new release soon. As soon as it comes out I will update all my packs with the changes I've been making over the past month. Keep in mind the part configs for these rockets are a MAJOR WIP, I don't play stock and suck at making configs for it. If someone wants to fix them I could really use the help, otherwise they will be released as-is.

pDNSMdU.png

iXy2vN6.png

Edited by raidernick

6 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

If you access to FASA parts, can you use the Agena to make Thor-Agena? The only thing you would have to make is an adapter.

The agena used on thor-agena is nothing like the FASA agena sadly or I would do that. The agena used is Agena B, the one in FASA is D. The Agena B has a completely different shape, has no flight pack, etc...

I will be making these parts eventually, but not in the next RO release. I am timing my releases with that and I won't have time to finish an entire agena by then. Once RO comes out and I release this update I'll start working on that.

Agena-B_UH_RK_2008_1.jpg

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.