Mining Asteroids

noneyabidnis

First, news article:

Second, it would be fun to be able to explore other objects in space, but so far everyone mentions adding new planets. Why not add asteroids that orbit the Sun and we can land on them. creative add ons would come where you could mine the asteroid.. And perhaps sell the loot to buy new parts for your ship (if money ever has a role in the game). Plus, as there would be a lot of asteroids to explore, there would be a lot of places to put easter eggs.

^ Harv mentioned that he wants to include the ability to build structures and assemble ships on other planets or moons, i don\'t see why it couldn\'t be done on asteroids as well :P

Well on a gameplay note, this has to be carefully balanced otherwise the asteroid belt is gonna get spammed with stuff mining all sorts of things (or at least i would).

That\'s a pretty sweet plugin.

I\'m still amazed, that we now have the technology to pull asteroids into the moons orbit and then mine them. Unfortunately it costs like 4 trillion dollars.

I read about this too and immediately thought of KSP. Would be cool do stuff like they plan on doing such as mining water, setting up a processing facility to separate the hydrogen and oxygen to make rocket fuel. Then set up a refueling station in orbit. Sell the usage to other space programs. Or to move small asteroids into earth orbit, mine them for metals, send some home for profit or build space stations. This would be fun.