Some parts of the mod are working...however...

Today I tried installing KerbalEDU on several of our computers. One of these had a previous version of regular KSP on it.

KerbalEDU works 100% on all the computers but the one who had a previous version. On this computer, I could see the KerbalEDU parts and scenarios but the special functions of these parts were not working (ie: the force indicator was only displaying a static arrow like it does in VAB instead of dynamically changing arrows as a function of forces being applied to ship).

I figured there might be a conflict with previous KSP files so I deleted everything KSP related on the computer and tried installing again. Getting the same problem.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I suspect I am having the same issue.

I have so far installed Kerbal EDU on one machine which already had KSP on it. The force arrows in the scenarios do not change and I cannot see any way to access the flight recorder.

Is there a solution to this issue that does not involve removing the original KSP or installing on another machine?

• 2 weeks later...

Having regular KSP on the same computer as KerbalEdu should have no effect on the force arrows or other edu features. Unless you accidentally installed them in the same directory on top of each other, that might have "interesting" results...

Could you upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link to it?

Having regular KSP on the same computer as KerbalEdu should have no effect on the force arrows or other edu features. Unless you accidentally installed them in the same directory on top of each other, that might have "interesting" results...

Could you upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link to it?

A search of the KerbalEdu folder did not reveal a KSP.log file. Where exactly should it be? In my regular KSP folder there is a KSP text file but there is no similar file in the KerbalEdu folder.

I should add that there is no sign of an EDU button at the top or bottom right of my screen when I play KerbalEdu.

• 1 month later...

A bit of resurrect of an old thread but, in case somebody comes here searching for an answer to this problem:

Edu features not appearing or working correctly like described in this thread is usually caused by KerbalEdu (or the user that runs it) not having write access to its installation folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.