[1.2.2] TestFlight - v1.8.0 - 01 May 2017 - Bring Flight Testing to KSP!

Agathorn

On 5/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, siimav said:

Yes, that feature got disabled because it wasn't balanced at all.

thanks for clarification.

23 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I THINK this mod is working, because I had two engines turn orange and then fail without any warning.

But, this is my problem. I seem to see no interface of the mod whatsoever. When I build a rocket, I don't see % of failures. I don't know how or where to track the progression for each engine, etc. In other words: where am I suppose to SEE the data from the mod?

Look for the icon in the bottom right corner below:

testflight.jpg

Edited by ZAJC3W

On 5/4/2021 at 10:47 AM, Sesshaku said:

But, this is my problem. I seem to see no interface of the mod whatsoever. When I build a rocket, I don't see % of failures. I don't know how or where to track the progression for each engine, etc. In other words: where am I suppose to SEE the data from the mod?

In the VAB, once you've placed an engine, you can (IIRC) get a brief summary by mousing over it, and more detail by middle-clicking.

• 1 year later...

Would it be possible to use the TestFlight GUI in the VAB to show any failed parts on a vehicle?  Since the parts are persisted, so are their failures - there's been a couple of times when I've recovered a craft, refuelled and relaunched it, only to find that a part that failed on the previous launch is, well, still failed.  Unfortunately, at present there's no way to identify the failed part in the VAB/SPH so that I can fix/replace the part.  Being able to use the GUI to at least list failed parts would help so that I can manually replace them.  An even better option would be to extend the PAW so that I have the option to repair/replace the defective part, ideally without having to manually pull one out of the inventory and attach, which can be quite tedious for a craft that has a large part count, or fiddley placement.

At the moment, I'm having to rely on the TF failure messages to identify the failed part, and then wonder which one of the 6x symmetry parts was the one that failed.

It's worth having a look at the Pay to Play mod, which has this PAW functionality.  In a perfect world the "ideal" mod would combine your part reliability mechanics with their VAB part handling...

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding testflight. I am not a modder per-se but I find myself in the configs, closing and reloading the game more than actually playing it these days. I have a few questions for anyone knowledgeable enough to help me. Please keep in mind that I know next to nothing about coding, everything that I have done successfully in the files thus far is by either looking it up online or referencing a part that does what I want another part to do and inferring what code does the thing i want, transferring that to the part in question, load the game, if successful yay! If not, close game, back to the files, tweak, reload game. I just wanted you to get an idea of my experience. by the way I am playing KSP with RSSRO/RP1/Realfuels/TestFlight/+other mods

Can anyone please write a "fake" config that utilizes every one of the features so that I can take that as a template and utilize what I want from it?
Another huge question is, I heard, you used to have to construct engine test stands and test fire engines, but they changed it. I would love to have the option to do that. is there a way? how would I go about that? I would love to be able to have the option to develop an engine from the ground up like in real life.
I value everyone of you guy's time, I appreciate anyone who even reads this. I will await a response. Hopefully soon...

thanks!