[1.0.x]Destruction Effects (flames and smoke on joint breaks)

BahamutoD

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2015 at 10:12 AM, BahamutoD said:

Note to modders: I'm trying to minimize the quantity of my mods, so I will not be working on this any further. It could use a bit of polishing though, so I am releasing it under the CC0 license, which means anyone can take it and change it and re-release it without even asking me.

On 4/10/2016 at 0:18 AM, Table said:

Bahamuto are you planning to update this mod? Or did you just drop it?

Looks like we're going to have to wait and see if another modder picks this up, which is quite unfortunate because I was really hoping to use this in 1.1. :(

Hi guys, 

I have done a initial port to 1.1 of this mod which is the one in CKAN.

@Wicloz Thanks for update CKAN. I was surprised when I saw this morning the entry in CKAN. I send a pull request to @BahamutoD to integrate the changes in the master but no answer yet.

Also, just to let you know I have ported to 1.1 the following:

BDALoadedVesselSwitcher

DestructionEffects

BDMk22Plugin

VesselMover

BDAnimationModules

10 minutes ago, Riverey said:

@jrodriguez hey, thanks for the fix. One question though - how should we install it? If your fix was supposed to be installed on top of the original mod, than it has issues with destruction effects showing upon decoupling and chute deployment.

Hi!

In order to install the port to 1.1, you just need to get the dll from https://github.com/jrodrigv/DestructionEffects/raw/master/bin/Release/DestructionEffects.dll and drop it your DestructionEffects GameData folder for your 1.1 installation.

Regarding the issues you comment. I wasn't aware of those issues and I didn't make any changes in the code to fix them. If you can reproduce the issues in 1.1 you can open an issue on github explaining it and I will try to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎28 at 2:44 PM, jrodriguez said:

...open an issue on github explaining it and I will try to fix it.

So are you officially supporting this mod, or just unofficially helping out until someone else volunteers?  Are you covering any other mods, such as perhaps BD Parts?

If you're taking over, is there another forum thread in the works, or a SpaceDock listing?

12 hours ago, MisterFister said:

So are you officially supporting this mod, or just unofficially helping out until someone else volunteers?  Are you covering any other mods, such as perhaps BD Parts?

If you're taking over, is there another forum thread in the works, or a SpaceDock listing?

I'm just helping out, trying to fix some bugs that we are finding, etc. Currently, I'm looking for bugs for Camera Tools and possible improvements on the Competition Mode for BDArmory.

10 minutes ago, CraftedDoge20PlaysKSP1.0.5 said:

decrease fire/smoke to tiny bit to reduce FPS Lag And Make It Last 4 Minutes before dyes out there's config file to change time to dyes out? or decrase smoke?

I will review this thanks.

Regarding the smoke lag the most urgent is to fix the lag of the PAC-3 missile, I have noticed a extreme lag with that missile and I think it is due to the particles emission.

Currently, I have found a bug (I think is a KSP 1.1 bug) where if you have a plane with landing gears and you try to decouple something from the plane (e.g fire a missile) you are seeing "destruction effects". This is because we are receiving events (wrong events) from the Landing Gear stating that their joints with other parts are broken..and this is not true!

But If you remove the landing gears no effects are shown.

44 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I will review this thanks.

Regarding the smoke lag the most urgent is to fix the lag of the PAC-3 missile, I have noticed a extreme lag with that missile and I think it is due to the particles emission.

Currently, I have found a bug (I think is a KSP 1.1 bug) where if you have a plane with landing gears and you try to decouple something from the plane (e.g fire a missile) you are seeing "destruction effects". This is because we are receiving events (wrong events) from the Landing Gear stating that their joints with other parts are broken..and this is not true!

But If you remove the landing gears no effects are shown.

One thing I want to mention is that I've also been seeing destruction effects on rockets when decoupling stages, as well as when the stability enhancers release the rocket on the launch pad.

15 minutes ago, CoriW said:

One thing I want to mention is that I've also been seeing destruction effects on rockets when decoupling stages, as well as when the stability enhancers release the rocket on the launch pad.

Thanks. I need to know which parts are triggering the destruction effects. I'm going to test the stability enhancers. 

8 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Thanks. I need to know which parts are triggering the destruction effects. I'm going to test the stability enhancers. 

I've experienced this with the following list of parts.

Now I haven't tested all the other decouplers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a problem with decouplers in general.

Edited by CoriW

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.