Space Elevator

kBarin

Recently Kerbals have been fascinated with the idea of space elevator. While most of the scientists rejected it as being 'not possible at the current level of technological development', Kerbal engineers decided to prove again that the sky is not the limit.

Luckily there were some old elevator cabins being replaced at VAB at the time...

liftj.jpg

Features a mandatory 'Ding!' at landing! 8)

Yeah, I\'m sorry it\'s just a command module, not that kind of space elevator... ;)

Now, the question becomes - Can you open the doors (Via the landing legs key) and still have it a command module?

I would make this possible if I could, but it requires some coding, and I know next to nothing about it. :(

Besides, it\'s not currently possible to have EVAs, so I decided not to bother.

I had ideas for a such plugin, basically a big cable attached to the KSC to a satellite, then you could...elevate things with it. I\'m not sure if i\'ll do it, but if i do i\'d like to use that amazing and hilarous model !

I know what you mean, and it would be really great! Recently I had some ideas about it too. I hope you do it sometime. :)

Heh. I had this scene in mind when I saw the Elevator...

Bob: 'Hey Jeb, this elevators taking a LOT longer than usual to get to the cafeteria.

Will: 'Yeah, and why did you have us wear the orbital drop gear? I wasn\'t aware we were scheduled for a launch'

Jeb: -Massive grin as Elevator slows and stops-

Bob: ' hey anyone else notice gravities gone?'

Will: -Doors open. Kerbin is revealed floating below the Elevator- 'Holy shit!'

Bob: 'we take a seriously wrong turn here or-'

Jeb: 'Beat you to the ground!' -Leaps out door smiling the entire way as the elevator begins to fall back to the ground-

Bob: ' Ah hell, not again!

Will: ' Damnit, and they had steak for lunch!' -Leaps out after Jeb-

Bob: 'How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?' -Leaps out after the others-

Lol, I\'m glad you liked the idea, guys. ;P

It dings when the stage with the command module activates. Usually it\'s the same stage as the parachute, but you can assign it anywhere else, of course.

I love the idea of the KSC tricking visitors into being astronauts when they get into elevators, because no one except Bill, Jeb and Bob do it willingly! Brilliant work with the Beep at landing. How about an Office Building launch vehicle for it?

I love the idea of the KSC tricking visitors into being astronauts when they get into elevators, because no one except Bill, Jeb and Bob do it willingly! Brilliant work with the Beep at landing. How about an Office Building launch vehicle for it?

You sir, are a sadist... I LIKE it!

The only problem I can see is that the more 'Purist' amongst us will disapprove of the inevitable 'hey look guys! I got a office building onto the Mun!' screenshots,but I for one will have a jolly good time trying to get it to the Mun without hacks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.