[1.2.2] RSSVE-Lite: Visual Enhancements for Potatoes v0.1.0

Andi K.

B0mGTbm.png

WHAT IS THIS?

RSSVE-Lite is just that, a "lite" version of RSSVE, which is supposed to help people with lower-end computers still run RSS with a visual enhancements mod. RSSVE-Lite does this by completely removing Scatterer from the mix, and instead uses EVE to create all atmospheric effects. Meaning, if your computer is able to run EVE fine (which most are able to), RSSVE-Lite should work perfectly fine on your computer as well. Although RSSVE-Lite adds clouds to every planet with an atmosphere, the bodies with the most notable clouds are Venus, Earth, Mars and Titan. The gas and ice giants in our Solar System have clouds added to them, but the difference is not very noticeable. Atmospheric colors are really only noticeable around Earth, seeing as Earth is really the only planet with a colorful atmosphere. Again, I've added atmospheric colors to all of the planets, but the difference is more minute.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

4kMGqk1.png

2pFVIqJ.png

6CkVsbS.png

4fAxnDt.png

P9hV54T.png

DEPENDENCIES

Spoiler

Real Solar System (and its dependencies): Why would you be downloading RSSVE-Lite and not have RSS?

Environmental Visual Enhancements (and its dependencies): Required for everything in this mod to work

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

CREDITS

CHANGE LOG

Spoiler
  • 0.1.0 (December 30, 2016)
    • Initial Release

Liscence: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike

Edited by AndrewDraws
Just tweaking some things...

3 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I did some testing, well, without scatterer it looks terrible lol, it reminded me of why I played with scatterer when I run EVE. Can this work with scatterer installed?

Keep in mind, I whipped out this mod in two days and it is only in v0.1.0. However, I wouldn't say it looks terrible, at least from orbit, that is. Maybe show me a screenshot of what looks "terrible" so I can improve it in upcoming versions? Admittedly, I haven't tested this mod very much, so a screenshot would be helpful. If you want to use scatterer with this, you might as well just download the full-fledged RSSVE, and disable volumetrics and the ocean shaders to get a bit of a performance boost, if you'd like.

2 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Keep in mind, I whipped out this mod in two days and it is only in v0.1.0. However, I wouldn't say it looks terrible, at least from orbit, that is. Maybe show me a screenshot of what looks "terrible" so I can improve it in upcoming versions? Admittedly, I haven't tested this mod very much, so a screenshot would be helpful. If you want to use scatterer with this, you might as well just download the full-fledged RSSVE, and disable volumetrics and the ocean shaders to get a bit of a performance boost, if you'd like.

Sorry for the terrible lol, it looks nice, just not close to the planet.

Hi, I downloaded the mod installed RSS and then read the instrutions on space dock and I did it as it said so. I merged the mods game data folder with KSP root directory and I loaded KSP up and I didn't see the clouds on the start screen and on the KSC screen where all the buildings are:(

I would like help on this and if you could fix it I would be happy:)

18 hours ago, saturn28 said:

Hi, I downloaded the mod installed RSS and then read the instrutions on space dock and I did it as it said so. I merged the mods game data folder with KSP root directory and I loaded KSP up and I didn't see the clouds on the start screen and on the KSC screen where all the buildings are:(

I would like help on this and if you could fix it I would be happy:)

This is a bug related to Kopernicus and Environmental Visual Enhancements. Did you go to the tracking station or look at the map view to see if the clouds are there?

You're clouds look really quite nice, particularly Earth and Venus.

... but still too demanding for this player's old potato. Putting aside for future reference, if I ever manage to upgrade to a pumpkin.

Speaking of pumpkins, may I suggest a slightly paler and more yellow Titan? I find yours a little too vivid and orange.

Spoiler

gzlgdte.jpg

Well done, regardless. :)

23 minutes ago, UnusualAttitude said:

You're clouds look really quite nice, particularly Earth and Venus.

... but still too demanding for this player's old potato. Putting aside for future reference, if I ever manage to upgrade to a pumpkin.

Speaking of pumpkins, may I suggest a slightly paler and more yellow Titan? I find yours a little too vivid and orange.

Hide contents

gzlgdte.jpg

Well done, regardless. :)

Thank you for the compliments! However, all of the textures were created by the creators of RVE, so don't give me too much credit :D. Anyways, that's unfortunate that you aren't able to run it. I think your computer is probably more like a dried peach slice than a potato. Potatoes are much more advanced than a dried peach slice, and are at least able to handle 2 dimensional cloud layers :P. If your computer is a potato, it's probably one of those potatoes that are way too old and have the horrible sprouts growing from them.

s4BgVfD.jpg

As for Titan, I agree. RSSVE-Lite is based off of RSSVE (obviously), and RSSVE's Titan is real pumpkin-looking. I was planning on toning down the orange-ness a bit in the next update.

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, saturn28 said:

Never mind I got it working sorry for the time waste:)

I went to the tracking station and it did work, thanks:)

And sorry

You're fine. No need to apologize :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 0:10 AM, Gman_builder said:

Will it work on my laptop that has no GPU?

You mean a computer that has an integrated graphics card? Yes. As long as the integrated graphics card was made within the past couple of years. I don't think think there is such thing as a computer without a graphics card...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks nice.  My computer's not too potato, but I notice it sometimes struggles with things it really shouldn't be struggling with (might just be a layer of dust in the GPU mucking up it's efficiency) so I want to give it a low-powered visual enhancer.  I noticed this mod isn't in CKAN though.  Are there any big compatibility issues that I should know about?  I don't keep many mods, but I like using Distant Object Enhancer.  Will this play well with that one?

• 3 weeks later...

I only use EVE 1.2.2.1 core and RSSVE-Lite - I just recognized with a low part craft that the following happens:

As soon as the vessel is higher than ~ 160 KM the fps went up to 60, the physics time-frame ratio went up to 95% - 100% ...
I felt lucky.

But then, on descent, as soon as the vessel (now really low count of parts left) got below ~ 160 KM the fps dropped down to 10 and the ratio went to 15% - 20%

I tried to lower the visibleRange in the layerVolume section but that didn't help.

Perhaps my computer is kinda potato but not that much...

Sorry haven't been paying attention to this thread that much, I honestly forgot that I had even created this!

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, mesocyclone said:

Did everything as said, installed EVE then merged RSSVE-Lite "GameData" with the KSP "GameData", still, no clouds.

From orbit I can see the city lights, but no clouds.

Screenshot your GameData folder for me and post your output log.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, PTNLemay said:

Looks nice.  My computer's not too potato, but I notice it sometimes struggles with things it really shouldn't be struggling with (might just be a layer of dust in the GPU mucking up it's efficiency) so I want to give it a low-powered visual enhancer.  I noticed this mod isn't in CKAN though.  Are there any big compatibility issues that I should know about?  I don't keep many mods, but I like using Distant Object Enhancer.  Will this play well with that one?

Yeah there are no compatibility issues that I am aware of, except scatterer obviously. It should work fine with DOE.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, Gordon Dry said:

I only use EVE 1.2.2.1 core and RSSVE-Lite - I just recognized with a low part craft that the following happens:

As soon as the vessel is higher than ~ 160 KM the fps went up to 60, the physics time-frame ratio went up to 95% - 100% ...
I felt lucky.

But then, on descent, as soon as the vessel (now really low count of parts left) got below ~ 160 KM the fps dropped down to 10 and the ratio went to 15% - 20%

I tried to lower the visibleRange in the layerVolume section but that didn't help.

Perhaps my computer is kinda potato but not that much...

Weird. I'll try recreating what you are talking about. I'm going to be honest here, I do not dedicate any time at all to this mod as I am busy updating RSS Constellations and Extrasolar, so if you are able to find a fix for what you are talking about, feel free to post any patches you make. This applies not only to you but to anyone who wants to do that. Granted, don't try to claim that it is original work, as nearly 100% of the credit goes to PhineasFreak.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.